PDA

View Full Version : New Ride - Non-VX Related

crager34
07/06/2011, 05:09 AM
Just bought another motorcycle. I had one a few years back, but had to give her up. Here is the new one. 2007 Suzuki V-Strom 1000

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/V-Strom.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/21167)

samneil2000
07/06/2011, 05:58 AM
Congrats on the new toy. That sort of bike, the sport tourer style is interesting. They're sort of two worlds in one. I've never ridden one. I went from sport bikes to a 1300cc cruiser. What was your previous bike and how do you like the V-Strom so far?

nfpgasmask
07/06/2011, 08:38 AM
Nice, not my kind of bike but I always thought the V-Storms looked pretty good. I almost bought a bike last weekend but the guy didn't have the title in order. :nogray:

Soon...very soon.

Bart

crager34
07/06/2011, 10:14 AM
Congrats on the new toy. That sort of bike, the sport tourer style is interesting. They're sort of two worlds in one. I've never ridden one. I went from sport bikes to a 1300cc cruiser. What was your previous bike and how do you like the V-Strom so far?

Last bike was an 07 V-Strom 650. It's about 34 lbs lighter, quicker handling, a little narrower (feeling). I haven't ridden this one enough for real comparrison yet. I like these cause of the Sport Stylings and you sit upright. I didn't want to lean over (sport) or reach (cruiser) and have back issues, because I plan on taking long trips with this. Easier on gas back and forth from TN to OH also.

mindaugas
07/07/2011, 02:32 AM
Congrats, that bike looks great. One day I hope to get something in the same class. How does this compare to the BMW's with the metal boxes on the sides? My knowledge of motorbikes is limited.

crager34
07/07/2011, 07:49 AM
Congrats, that bike looks great. One day I hope to get something in the same class. How does this compare to the BMW's with the metal boxes on the sides? My knowledge of motorbikes is limited.

I don't have any experience with BMW's to answer your question other than, the BMW's cost more. :p