PDA

View Full Version : Rancho shock question

Daly
07/06/2011, 12:48 PM
Picked up a set of XL9000. Adjustments range from 1-9. No marking as to whether shock is on 1 or 9 as both numbers are next to each other at 12:00 position.
Is 9 100% counter clockwise or clockwise?

RickOKC
07/06/2011, 05:27 PM
I went through all the info that came with my shocks & scoured the internet. Apparently ANY information on the 9000's is a closely guarded secret considering what is available from Rancho. :upsetgray

Marlin
07/06/2011, 05:28 PM
As it gets easier to turn, that is closer to 1. Don't remember which way...sorry. It is significantly harder to turn in the "firmer" direction.

I believe its lefty/loosey/softer, righty/tighty/stiffer....can't wait for Tom to read this, he will probably have no comment.

Luna X
07/06/2011, 07:30 PM
If you look on the body of the shock, you can see a triangle pointing down at the adjuster.... that's what I went by.

deermagnet
07/06/2011, 07:40 PM
The setting is whatever is showing at the 12:00 position. You turn it all the way clockwise to get to nine. The one and nine are indicated by the same notch as you saw. The five and seven are clearly seen, so as you turn clockwise you will go from five to seven and then nine. If you are still unsure, turn it all the way counter clockwise to one. Your front end should bounce pretty easily by pressing down on one corner. Then turn it all the way clockwise to nine and it should be much stiffer and harder to bounce. The difference will be dramatic between one and nine.

Mark Griffin