PDA

View Full Version : Removable/ pivoting/ venting rear window

MustangO4
08/08/2011, 03:01 PM
The wife said I am "too old" to do tube doors on my VX! And she says she will refuse to ride in it if I do. So, the entire idea is that i want better ventilation through the back of the VX. The best answer would be a venting or pivoting or removable rear window. Has anyone here tried this or have any advice?

Gussie2000
08/08/2011, 03:22 PM
The wife said I am "too old" to do tube doors on my VX! And she says she will refuse to ride in it if I do. So, the entire idea is that i want better ventilation through the back of the VX. The best answer would be a venting or pivoting or removable rear window. Has anyone here tried this or have any advice?

I wonder why isuzu didn't gives us some more by adding that feature.But what about a sunroof,it worked for many.

Marlin
08/08/2011, 03:37 PM
The wife said I am "too old" to do tube doors on my VX! And she says she will refuse to ride in it if I do.

I am not seeing the problem here. I can't get my wife to stay out of mine, and she has the Trooper RS that equipped exactly the same as the VX!

Triathlete
08/08/2011, 04:45 PM
The wife said I am "too old" to do tube doors on my VX! And she says she will refuse to ride in it if I do.

Half doors....they're not tube doors! ;)

Find a beater in a junk yard, yank the doors, sawzall!!!!
You could even grab the rear door and remove the upper glass section.
Quick release pins and you have the best of both worlds! :yesy::bwgy:

Marlin
08/08/2011, 04:48 PM
Half doors....they're not tube doors! ;)

Find a beater in a junk yard, yank the doors, sawzall!!!!
You could even grab the rear door and remove the upper glass section.
Quick release pins and you have the best of both worlds! :yesy::bwgy:

If I wasn't transferring in a few weeks, I ahve access to the perfect VX for this. Its an astral, cracked block, cosmetically alright, definitely good enough to saw the doors and pop the rear window. Wish I had time....grrrr. I think it is a good idea. A pop out rear window would be like a wind tunnel!

Triathlete
08/08/2011, 04:53 PM
One word for you...storage!:)

Marlin
08/08/2011, 05:01 PM
One word for you...storage!:)

I know I know, need to talk to the junk yard and the wife...if the price is right, it could be doable.

MustangO4
08/08/2011, 11:44 PM
Well, I did the back tube door and it came out well. I still have to finish welding it up and paint. Pics are in my other thread. The wife likes it and will ride in it. We will see what she says about the doors!