PDA

View Full Version : Plasti Dip the cladding?

jdm monkey
08/22/2011, 07:44 PM
I've read good things about praying plastidip on body panels. Anybody did this before? I might do this this weekend if the weather permits.

Grif
08/22/2011, 08:17 PM
You ARE kidding right? Whats the point? Its already plastic. And anything that detracts from the texture and matte-like finish of the cladding is just wrong IMHO.

If you want your plastic cladding shiny, just paint it and clear coat. Not that I'm an advocate of that either. Of course my tastes are not yours, and I look forward to your results in an academic way.

Ldub
08/22/2011, 08:23 PM
I've read good things about praying plastidip on body panels.

I prayed plastidip on my shoes, & God made them shiny...:yesgray:...:rotate:

Unfortunately, the divine being thinks RED is a great color for footwear...:(

jdm monkey
08/22/2011, 10:20 PM
You ARE kidding right? Whats the point? Its already plastic. And anything that detracts from the texture and matte-like finish of the cladding is just wrong IMHO.

If you want your plastic cladding shiny, just paint it and clear coat. Not that I'm an advocate of that either. Of course my tastes are not yours, and I look forward to your results in an academic way.
My cladding is faded and have paint chips. The reason I wanted to do plasti dip is because of the matte finish and texture. And if ever you want to take it off, it peels right off.
Here's a an article:
Apparently, Audi, Lexus crowd have been using it to black out emblems etc...
http://mycartop.com/the-ultimate-plasti-dip-guide-%E2%80%93-tips-ideas-more-for-cars/

nfpgasmask
08/23/2011, 09:22 AM
I've always wondering about that stuff. I have some idea for some projects where I would like to use it (not on the VX). Does it really work and stick and last?

Bart