PDA

View Full Version : free steak from outback

BOARZHEAD
08/24/2011, 07:56 PM
goto outback.com and claim your free steak dinner. Hurry only 1,000,000

Grif
08/24/2011, 08:44 PM
Crikey....!

Outback in my town folded and is now an iHop.

Riff Raff
08/24/2011, 09:03 PM
goto outback.com and claim your free steak dinner. Hurry only 1,000,000

THANK YOU!!! I GOT MINE!!! I just applied and they'll be sending my coupon to me in the mail in 4-weeks. OutBack is my most favorite chain restaurant of all time and their steaks are always grilled to absolute perfection!!! There's an OutBack just up the street from my house (sorry Grif).

:bgwb:

pnwdawg
08/24/2011, 09:07 PM
Got mine too. Thanks for the heads up reserve a steak at Southcenter Parkway

JHarris1385
08/24/2011, 10:23 PM
Thanks!

Cobrajet
08/25/2011, 08:01 AM
Thanks, I reserved my steak. I just hope it's better then the last few steaks I've gotten at Outback. They were pretty tough! :mad:

vt_maverick
08/25/2011, 08:29 AM
The downside of living in a technology-crazed college town is that these things have usually been forwarded amongst the 30,000 or so poor college students by the time I see them. :( Oh well, Outback is far from the standard in my experience. When I'm not making my own steaks, Texas Roadhouse is my fav.

crager34
08/25/2011, 09:44 AM
THANK YOU!!! I GOT MINE!!! I just applied and they'll be sending my coupon to me in the mail in 4-weeks. OutBack is my most favorite chain restaurant of all time and their steaks are always grilled to absolute perfection!!! There's an OutBack just up the street from my house (sorry Grif).

:bgwb:

:confused:

Says they will email mine within 48 hours.

Gussie2000
08/25/2011, 10:33 PM
Damn it !!!!

None of the 16 restaurants within 25 miles are participating in this promo :(

Sometimes i ask my self which is the point of living in the once upon a time great apple :mad:

dietz99vcross
08/26/2011, 09:17 AM
Looks like its over...:mad:
Now just a coupon offer for $5 off

VX KAT
08/26/2011, 11:18 AM
I admit I'm a major steak snob, so it's only PRIME grade steaks for me!
Never cared for Outbacks steaks at all, hate steaks cooked on a flat stainless "grill" with NO fire.... Even tried Outback's PRIME steaks which they offered for a while, but then discontinued...still yuk, not cooked over fire. But their chicken is terrific!

So their new "oak fired grill" got my attention!
But like Grif, the Outback near me closed last year....(ironically the very next day after we dined there with our neighbors...was it something we did? :laugho:)

So I tried using a Phoenix zip code...nope all 14 in the area had already given out their allotment....wouldn't have worked anyway as fine print says you have to live within 25 miles of the restaurant, that's where they mail your certificate.

Tried Los Angeles area...thought my mom would enjoy a free steak...all distributed.

Tried Ft. Lauderdale...success! so my brother will be getting a free steak and side! :thumbup:

p.s.....for those that might be interested in "PRIME"....prime is the highest grade of beef, and the most TENDER. IIRC it's the top 5% of all beef.
All steaks at conventional supermarkets are one category down, called "Choice". You generally have to ask for a special order or find a butcher shop to get Prime cuts.

Prime has more "marbling"...which is just a fancy word for "fat"...so yes, the tastiest and often the most tender cut of beef has the most fat. Sounds terrible I know...but it's a fact...fat = flavor...all good chefs will tell you that. When selecting steaks, you actually should look for the most "marbled", white streaky piece of beef in the case.....so counterintuitive to the nice uniform red color I always thought were the best.

Most of the high end steak houses serve/offer Prime..... like Morton's, Ruth's Chris, Del Frisco's, Donovan's, Shula's, Fleming's, Bob's Chophouse, LG's, Kirby's, 3 Forks and many Las Vegas hotel steak houses)
http://www.primesteakhouses.com/

Since those types of places are now long out my league....I just about did backflips when Costco (at least mine) started selling PRIME grade New York and Ribeye steaks about 3 yrs ago...they always are on a BLUE tray (instead of white)....so they're easy to find. Usually in a 3-4 pack, but if you ask they'll prepare a smaller pack usually.

My grillmeister hubby can grill a dang mean NY steak for me, and Costco makes it doable a few times per year! Comes to about $10 per steak! WaHoo! :thumbup:

OK, sorry....all that was probably about 3 minutes of your life you'll never get back.....beef grading lesson over now....:goof:

Cobrajet
08/27/2011, 08:52 AM
I admit I'm a major steak snob, so it's only PRIME grade steaks for me!
...I just about did backflips when Costco (at least mine) started selling PRIME grade New York and Ribeye steaks about 3 yrs ago...they always are on a BLUE tray (instead of white)....so they're easy to find. Usually in a 3-4 pack, but if you ask they'll prepare a smaller pack usually.That's interesting, because the best steaks I've ever tasted come from Costco. I always buy Ribeyes in the 3 or 4 packs, and prepare them on my gas grill (sorry, I'm too lazy/impatient for charcoal.) This past weekend I grilled up 5 of their steaks, and they were fantastic. Each one averaged just over a pound each, and were about an inch thick, which is thicker than I prefer, but the flames were hot and they grilled perfectly, with pink, juicy centers. Mmmmmmm, I'm getting hungry. I still have one in the freezer, but will have to wait until Irene passes to uncover my grill.

VX KAT
08/27/2011, 09:30 AM
That's interesting, because the best steaks I've ever tasted come from Costco. I always buy Ribeyes in the 3 or 4 packs, and prepare them on my gas grill (sorry, I'm too lazy/impatient for charcoal.) This past weekend I grilled up 5 of their steaks, and they were fantastic. Each one averaged just over a pound each, and were about an inch thick, which is thicker than I prefer, but the flames were hot and they grilled perfectly, with pink, juicy centers. Mmmmmmm, I'm getting hungry. I still have one in the freezer, but will have to wait until Irene passes to uncover my grill.

Ditto, best steaks I've bought were at Costco too....and then Prime came along.....OMG! Try it you'll like it!....no, you'll LOVE 'em!

Anita
08/27/2011, 12:36 PM
Ditto on Costco - hamburger meat, fresh seafood too .... no one hate me but Outback steaks (at least the Outback here), tastes like mulch. Mind you, it was a long time ago that I visited Outback so things may be different now.

KAT... I am ready for a steak at Vegas Dal Frisco Double Eagle again. :yesb:

VX KAT
08/27/2011, 12:41 PM
Ditto on Costco - hamburger meat, fresh seafood too .... no one hate me but Outback steaks (at least the Outback here), tastes like mulch. KAT... I am ready for a steak at Vegas Dal Frisco Double Eagle again. :yesb:

:thumbup: :drool2: :yeso:

Cobrajet
08/27/2011, 05:25 PM
... no one hate me but Outback steaks (at least the Outback here), tastes like mulch. Mind you, it was a long time ago that I visited Outback so things may be different now.Ummmm, no different now at my local Outback. But "free" steak has to taste better, right?

Triathlete
08/27/2011, 05:57 PM
tastes like mulch.

When was the last time you ate mulch?:_thinking:bgwb::laughb:

Funny thing is...Outback to Australians is like what Taco Bell is to Mexico:yesy:

PK
08/27/2011, 08:04 PM
When was the last time you ate mulch?:_thinking:bgwb::laughb:

Funny thing is...Outback to Australians is like what Taco Bell is to Mexico:yesy:

Hummmm - don't want to burst your bubble there Billy, but there is nothing Australian about Outback Steakhouses, nor about the food they sell.
If I remember correctly, they were started up in USA around 1988, and have only recently come to one city in Australia.
Meanwhile they have spread to over 20 other countries.

Another great MacDonald's type marketing franchise with crap food as the result.

PK

Triathlete
08/27/2011, 10:04 PM
Exactly my point....there is nothing Mexican about Taco Bell!:bwgy:

PK
08/28/2011, 04:02 PM
Exactly my point....there is nothing Mexican about Taco Bell!:bwgy:

Aahhh - now I understand.

Thanks Mate.

PK