PDA

View Full Version : Dayco timing belt review

Ebenezr
09/29/2011, 09:48 AM
The timing belt in the DAYCO timing belt kit did not have a dotted line for alignment on the crankshaft pulley. All the lines were solid and it took an extra 20 minutes of messing and guessing to get it right. I guess the workers in Italy don't know how to do an OEM dotted line!!!!! Goons. :mado: Makes me wonder about the quality of the rest.

Amnesia
10/09/2011, 08:18 AM
Yep. I was there just recently too. Lots of head-scratching & re-positioning. 2nd guessing. I got it right the first time, but it was way more trouble than it should have been.

Ldub
10/09/2011, 08:26 AM
Would it be possible to put the old & new belts together, side by side, with all the marks lined up (maybe use a few small spring clamps to keep things in place), & transfer the proper marks to the new belt with a silver sharpie marker?

Amnesia
10/09/2011, 08:30 AM
This was my 2nd belt change. (210,000 miles). Pretty sure the previous one was a Dayco too. I don't remember for sure, but I don't think the original marks were still there for reference...

Ebenezr
10/09/2011, 12:28 PM
Would it be possible to put the old & new belts together, side by side, with all the marks lined up (maybe use a few small spring clamps to keep things in place), & transfer the proper marks to the new belt with a silver sharpie marker?

Not possible. The old belt came off first and had long lost any legible marks use. :(

Ldub
10/09/2011, 12:45 PM
OK.

Great info guys.

:thanx: