PDA

View Full Version : GILBERT MN...You in?

Ldub
10/05/2011, 03:35 PM
Been talking to a few of the "up north" Isuzuites, & we're trying to decide on a date...The weeknds of 10-21 or 10-28, are the best choices for those contacted so far.

Weigh in with your own preferences.

BigSwede
10/05/2011, 04:55 PM
After consulting the parental units, I am pretty committed to the cabin dock-out/close-down duty on the 21st. The 28th is good though.

atilla_the_fun
10/05/2011, 05:16 PM
Where is Gilbert? Close to anything fun?

Ldub
10/05/2011, 06:04 PM

O HELL yeah...:_steering.:dance:.:yesgray:

http://www.ironrange.org/about/location/

http://www.ironrange.org/recreation/atv-ohv/

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=14353&highlight=ski+jump+hill

Ldub
10/05/2011, 07:00 PM
OK...here's the dealio...Hunny just got home from work, & reminded me that...

The wknd of the 21st is the only time she can get time off work, the 28th is a no go...:(

So...for sure Me-n-Hunny-n-Jim will be going that wknd.

Iff'n you wanna group up for the 28th, that might be a better option...:_confused

Kenny
10/05/2011, 07:57 PM
awwww. shat. you had to throw that out there eh.

I'm thinking I can get away from the house addition for a weekend. could use a break. Too bad it wasn't the 28th I'll be at a conference north of gilbert on the 27th...

be a blast if steve could show. any later dates work? i'm quite open.
greg? where u at?

OK...here's the dealio...Hunny just got home from work, & reminded me that...

The wknd of the 21st is the only time she can get time off work, the 28th is a no go...:(

So...for sure Me-n-Hunny-n-Jim will be going that wknd.

Iff'n you wanna group up for the 28th, that might be a better option...:_confused

BigSwede
10/05/2011, 08:09 PM
Greg is in Texas...and quite happy there :naughty:

BigSwede
10/05/2011, 08:15 PM
Hey Kenny, can you swing the 21st? there is some chance I can move the cabin thing to the 14th, but it would have to be decided by, like, tomorrow so I can swap weekend shifts at work. Just exploring possibilities, several things would have to come together.

Gilbert is closed during firearm deer season, which I think is the first 3 weekends in November.

Ldub
10/05/2011, 08:19 PM
awwww. shat. you had to throw that out there eh.

I'm thinking I can get away from the house addition for a weekend. could use a break. Too bad it wasn't the 28th I'll be at a conference north of gilbert on the 27th...

be a blast if steve could show. any later dates work? i'm quite open.
greg? where u at?

Sorry Bud, but it is what it is...:flower:

Tell ya what...I'll leave your truck chair at the top of ski jump, you can pick it up there...:laughing:

No worries, I'll even wrap it in a blue plastic tarp, so you can see it real good.

Ldub
10/05/2011, 08:21 PM
Hey Kenny, can you swing the 21st? there is some chance I can move the cabin thing to the 14th, but it would have to be decided by, like, tomorrow so I can swap weekend shifts at work. Just exploring possibilities, several things would have to come together.

Gilbert is closed during firearm deer season, which I think is the first 3 weekends in November.

Connie (Jim's wife) told me today, that bear season is over, so we can all safely wear our spiffy northwoods bear outfits...http://vz.iminent.com/vz/4d8d0eee-e737-4864-8d29-c5e111c0fd89/2/brown-bear-waving-hello.gif

BigSwede
10/05/2011, 08:26 PM

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/ohv/gilbert/virtual_tour.html

Kenny
10/06/2011, 05:52 PM
Sorry I wasn't too clear in the first post.
I'm quite open and can make the 21st no problem.

More trails open yet?

Ldub
10/06/2011, 06:07 PM
Sorry I wasn't too clear in the first post.
I'm quite open and can make the 21st no problem.

More trails open yet?

SWEET!!!...will be posting where we're stay'n prolly tomorrow, sat @ the latest.

BigSwede
10/06/2011, 06:50 PM
I'll see what I can do to spring loose for Saturday wheeling on the 21st... probably back to the cabin Saturday evening though.

More trails open yet?
Last I heard they are STILL working on it...they are making progress, but at government speeds. It will happen eventually, by all accounts.

BigSwede
10/06/2011, 06:54 PM
http://mn4wda.com/threads/85-Trail-Cut-Virginia-Expansion-Boundry-Line

Ldub
10/06/2011, 07:04 PM
SWEET!!!...will be posting where we're stay'n prolly tomorrow, sat @ the latest.

OK, I lied, just got off the phon with Penny, & were booked in here (http://www.pineviewinnmotel.com/index.html) for the 21'st & 22'nd...:dance:

BigSwede
10/07/2011, 06:54 AM
OK, I'll be coming over from the cabin on Saturday the 22nd. Looking forward to it!

Ldub
10/07/2011, 12:51 PM
OK, I'll be coming over from the cabin on Saturday the 22nd. Looking forward to it!

Good news Swede...:thumbup:

Me too, could REALLY use some off road therapy...:yes:

nocturnalVX
10/07/2011, 12:52 PM
Cecilia & I do not have the time (or the $$$) to meet you all up North...

Have fun!

Ldub
10/08/2011, 05:59 AM
Cecilia & I do not have the time (or the $$$) to meet you all up North...

Have fun!

That woulda been WAY fun if you two could'v made it...:(

Fingers crossed for next year...:yesgray:

BigSwede
10/16/2011, 06:21 AM
So, when are we meeting at the park on Saturday?

Ldub
10/16/2011, 06:38 AM
So, when are we meeting at the park on Saturday?

What predesignated time coordinate works best for you? Since you're coming from further away, make the call.

If we get there earlier (prolly not all that likely), we can always come back to the parking lot & meet you there...:yesgray:

Let's call CB channel 12 for starters.

And yes, I'll have all my belly armor in place this time...:smilewink

BigSwede
10/16/2011, 08:00 AM
Realistically I won't be there much before 9AM...it is a solid 2 hr drive from the cabin. But you guys can go on in earlier if you want (yeah right)...:winky:

Ldub
10/16/2011, 12:39 PM
Realistically I won't be there much before 9AM...it is a solid 2 hr drive from the cabin. But you guys can go on in earlier if you want (yeah right)...:winky:

9-9:30ish meet-n-greet/air down sounds perfect...:yesgray:

Ldub
10/20/2011, 02:46 PM
Gonna go out & bolt the final piece of belly armor on, before the trek up to the range begins tomorrow...:dance:

Jim ought to be here any minute, he's gonna crash the futon so we can all leave together in the mid morn @ a leisurely pace...:cool:

I'm quite sure that a few libations will be had tonight...:_beer:

Lies & stories will be told...:bla:..:laughing::freek:

Laffs-A-plenty will be had...:laughing:

Gonna miss hang'n wit all Y'all, but will be back SUN pm...:yesgray:

For those that'v pm'd me recently, will be in touch nxt week, just really busy gett'n ready for this run...:smack:.:_wrench:

L8trz...:dan_ban:

Ldub
10/20/2011, 05:25 PM
Atilla ???

What say you?

Kenny
10/20/2011, 07:02 PM
so not ready for this... but need it.

hey sasquatch,
I'll be in Eveleth for 6ish i hope. we meetin for dinner?
call my cell around 6.

cheers.

Ldub
10/20/2011, 07:12 PM
so not ready for this... but need it.

hey sasquatch,
I'll be in Eveleth for 6ish i hope. we meetin for dinner?
call my cell around 6.

cheers.

Dude...pm me your #...

I somehow lost it...:_thinking

Yeh, I know...:mbrasd: