PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Specs

twostep1n2
10/12/2011, 06:54 AM
I am looking to upgrade my radiator to a two core. The radiators I found on ebay are listed as single core and two core. The single is listed as ALUM (23 x 16-3/4 x 1-1/4) - 1 Rows. and the two core is listed as ALUM (23 x 16-3/4 x 1-1/4) - 2 Rows. They are the same thickness. How can you get an extra row and still be the same thickness? Or are they full of it. The stock radiator is also 1 1/4'' thick. Whats up with this. Anyone buy one of thies or have any insite into this?

newthings
10/12/2011, 11:31 AM
There are rows in copper / brass and there are rows in aluminum. Aluminum rows are much longer.
I have a Ron Davis aluminum radiator and it is working well, but I am not thermally challenged in Oregon. VX Kat is getting in a fresh bid on the same thing as we speak. Contact her for progress.
Roy

Cobrajet
10/14/2011, 06:46 PM
Radiator measurements (http://www.radiators.com/radiator_how_to_measure_radiator.html) are usually a measure of the core of the radiator, and the depth is a measure of the "fin" depth, independent of the row count. I just purchased a 4-row radiator for my Cobra, and the core size was the same for all 2-row, 3-row and 4-row radiators. The newer technology aluminum radiators don't require as many rows to be as efficient. More is better? Maybe. Better is better!!