PDA

View Full Version : Is Isuzu getting back into passenger vehicles?

Hiredgoon
10/13/2011, 01:23 PM
I saw this on the internet today--anyone heard about this?

http://www.automobilesreview.com/gallery/isuzu-rodeo-3-0-denver-max-le-auto/isuzu-rodeo-3-0-denver-max-le-auto.jpg

http://www.autocarelease.com/isuzu/2012-isuzu-rodeo-d-max-suv-release-date-and-price.html

Y33TREKker
10/13/2011, 01:37 PM
All the pricing references (stated in pounds) in that article seemed to regard European markets, which don't seem to have suffered the same decline in interest as US markets over the years.

RickOKC
10/13/2011, 02:06 PM
Isuzu pickups and SUVs never left some markets. The D-Max is based off the Chevy Colorado.

uncle_asa
10/14/2011, 06:07 AM
Isuzu pickups and SUVs never left some markets. The D-Max is based off the Chevy Colorado.
D-Max is not Chevy in either way, it is pure Isuzu platform very close to the old good Troopers. It is not related to Isuzu i2xx/i3xx series.

samneil2000
10/14/2011, 07:36 AM
Looks very Colorado-ish to me. If they're still in the business, then perhaps one day when (if) things improve here in the states, they'll be back.

H3_VX
10/14/2011, 09:26 AM
I just read on wikipedia that it is based on the colorado. makes sense. the trucks look very similar. Gm still owns parts of isuzu too i believe.

Gussie2000
10/14/2011, 09:54 AM
I hope isuzu can be back into the US market.
But in order to do so isuzu MUST be aggressive by offering a attractive line up of cars or SUV's with powerfull engine.

It seems that isuzu after all these years they aren't looking into desiging high performance or more powerfull engines and that is a down fall

As we speak must of the manufacturers already developed V6 engines kicking 260+HP. for example jeep grand cherokee with its 290HP or the ford edge with its 300HP.

D-max with 163bhp ? Are you kidding ?

If isuzu is looking into the US again offering lowball engines they'll fail one more time

PK
10/14/2011, 03:18 PM
Both the D-Max and the Colorado are sold here.
Under all the glossy finish, the Colorado has all Isuzu identification, and even the Colorado salesmen will tell you it is a re-badged D -Max.:yesgray::yesy:

In my local area, the D-Max outsells the Colorado about 4 to 1, mainly because of the Dealership reputation.

Gussie, get over looking at engine "power".
Both the Colarado and the D-Max are fitted with very fuel efficient and high torque diesel motors. They get about 550 - 600 miles out of a tank of fuel.
Sure, they are not as fast off the line as the VX, but get them up to cruising speed and they will run rings around us on economy.
Try towing a boat or a caravan behind each motor, and you will go for the diesel every time.:bgwb::bwgy::smilewink

All that said, as long as my VX is alive, it will be my truck.:yesgray::yesy:

PK

Ldub
10/14/2011, 03:47 PM
All that said, as long as my VX is alive, it will be my truck.:yesgray::yesy:

PK

Ya know what?

I've been waiting for a few weeks now, for a post that not only gives me hope, but makes me smile as well...:yes:

:thanx: Mr K...:thumbup:

Gussie2000
10/14/2011, 06:16 PM
PK I understan your points,but you seemed didn't get mines.

If we talking about MPG over the years manufacturers have manage to improve fuel economy and powertrain. Do we agree on that ?

Yes,diesel is the best option here but how many SUV's comes with that options as we speak ?

Isuzu just keep building modest engines,if you wanna haul an small RV i bet you wouldn't want a SUV with only 163hp when you can definately get more then that probably for the same amount of cash.