PDA

View Full Version : VX Fall Meet

pbkid
10/27/2011, 10:42 PM
Fall VX Meet for Colorado

pbkid
10/27/2011, 10:46 PM
Hey guys, I thought it was about time the Colorado VX'ers met up again. Last time we met was spring, and we arent that all far apart, we need to meet.

Should we do dinner, or a dirt road "fall colors" type trail? I've got a great location if everyone wants to do a fall colors trip.

Im open for any date, i just figured a couple weeks out on a sunday would work for most.

MSHardeman
10/28/2011, 07:37 AM
Sounds good to me Jack. Haven't seen you, or any of the Front Range VXers in a while, so it's about time. All of our colors are gone up here in the mountains (knocked down and covered by the six inches of snow that we got on Wednesday), so no colors run up this way. If you know of some colors down there then lets do that. Maybe a quick color run then lunch? Or lunch then a colors run? Maybe a colors run with a "picnic" at some point? I'm up for anything.

HEY wait just a second...... I see why you want to do a dirt road run..... trying to drum up some business, huh?:biggringr

VXorado
10/28/2011, 01:30 PM
HEY wait just a second...... I see why you want to do a dirt road run..... trying to drum up some business, huh?:biggringr

:laughy: This years meet: Lunch, Dirt Road, Car Toys

I'll join in for lunch followed by a run. My availability will be a hit or miss because I work every other weekend. How about Sunday November 13th? Two weeks should be enough time to get everything organized.

stt9c1
10/31/2011, 04:04 AM
I won't be able to attend. I am at the South Pole, Antarctica till around February 20th.
:noo:

VXorado
11/04/2011, 10:13 AM
The date is the Sunday 13th, Jack just added the wrong date.

I won't be able to attend. I am at the South Pole, Antarctica till around February 20th.
:noo:

How's Antartica treating you??

twalker920
11/04/2011, 08:54 PM
I'm still in! And I just had my friend put in a shiny new unbroken windshield and get the rest tinted (20% on back 3, 35% on doors and door sidelights....looks really nice).

(if anyone in southern Denver needs a windshield...he will do a great job as cheap as it gets and is now a VX expert having done....umm....1!)

She needs more exercise than this...

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/2/medium/parking1.jpg

pbkid
11/05/2011, 09:30 AM
ya, the 13th sounds awesome.

where do we want to meet?

VXorado
11/05/2011, 07:01 PM
:_confusedSomewhere with beer:_beer:

I'm down with meeting somewhere on I-70/I-76 since Mark will be driving down from the mountains.

twalker920
11/06/2011, 08:21 AM
Maybe I-70 around Denver West? Lots of places there. Like Yard House at Colorado Mills, or On The Border, or anything in between.

But wherever is fine...

pbkid
11/07/2011, 11:04 AM
Alright guys, ive got a proposition. Im gonna do some wheeling on sunday, starting around 8 am. I was thinking afterward doing the vx meet.

So, how does everyone feel about an early dinner? And anyone who is interested in wheeling is more than welcome to join. We will probably be doing a trail that requires a minimum of 33s, 35s will be better.

Sound good? That would still be good for everyone meeting on the west end of I 70 because we will probably go somewhere outside idaho springs or evergreen.

MSHardeman
11/07/2011, 12:26 PM
I'm still in for a get together this Sunday (no wheeling for me), and an earlier dinner would be good for me as I need to be back in Eagle around 6:30pm.

Woohoo, going to the big city!

twalker920
11/07/2011, 05:48 PM
We will probably be doing a trail that requires a minimum of 33s, 35s will be better.

Well...I only have 31.8s....I guess I'm too short to ride that ride :(

What trail(s) were you thinking of? I've done the one from Idaho Springs to Georgetown (up over the mountain) and several off of Fall River Road in my old 4Runner and know my VX can do better than that did.

MSHardeman
11/09/2011, 04:34 PM
So, when and where are we meeting? Depending on time I may actually have to skip this as I need to be back in Eagle at 6:30pm. How far is that from Denver? Couple of hours?

pbkid
11/09/2011, 05:52 PM
Mark-

Yup a couple hours probably. You always seem to skip out on the local meets, why do you hate us colorado vxers?

MSHardeman
11/10/2011, 08:01 AM
I always want to meet up with the Colorado family, it just seems that other things always get in the way. When I originally replied to the thread the indoor soccer season hadn't started yet so my Sunday's were open. My team sort of sprang the season on me last weekend by calling on Saturday to say that we were playing Sunday.:mado: If the get together was earlier in the day I would totally be able to make it, but having to be back in Eagle at 6:30pm sort of shortens my day in Denver. I'm guessing, by your comment, that we aren't going to meet early enough for me to make it back to Eagle on time.

I know I've said this before, but we need to get together this winter and have a VX family ski/board day. Everyone is welcome to head up this way (Aspen valley), but it might be more practical for me to head that way. Find a good mountain that we can tear up, Jack, and lets do it.

VXorado
11/10/2011, 09:07 AM
Why don't we meet at 2:30 PM at a restaurant near I-70/C470? I'm not too familar with the restaurants nearby except for the Yard House & Old Chicago.

Mark, the drive is 2 hrs max with good weather. If you leave at 4:15-4:30, you'll have no problem getting to Eagle by 6:30.

Jack, what trail are you going on?

Everyone, restaurant? Yard House, Old Chicago or something else? Lets get a location/time set so we can make sure this meet happens.

pbkid
11/10/2011, 05:17 PM
Sounds good jon,

I have to solidify some plans with the others and ill let you know.
Wanna join?

Yard house or old c is fine with me.

VXorado
11/10/2011, 10:10 PM
Possibly, I have a friend in town Sunday morning so I will have to see if he wants to go. I'm pretty much done with wheeling this year, snow/mud isn't really my thing & I need to upgrade some things like tie rods before i'll feel comfortable pushing the VX with 35s.

MSHardeman
11/11/2011, 08:08 AM
Ummm, dudes.... it's not looking to good for me making over to see you guys on Sunday. Sounds like we have a storm rolling into the mountains that will dump snow and rain on us along with some wind to blow it all around. Vail Pass is my big worry and checking NOAA, they are saying that the Vail area should expect 2"-4" of snow on Saturday, another 2"-4" Saturday night, and then more snow on Sunday.

I would really rather not put Vicki and myself in any questionable situations, so for now I think I'm out. I'll continue to keep an eye on the weather, and if the storm turns out to be a dud I'll head on over on Sunday so please continue to post times and locations.

pbkid
11/12/2011, 10:07 PM
Alright, so is everyone else still planning 1?

Do we want to meet at old c's? Jon do you know where it is?

pbkid
11/12/2011, 10:09 PM
Im really sorry guys I have to bail too, aparently my girlfriend made us plans most of the day tomorrow, hope to see you all soon.

VXorado
11/13/2011, 08:35 AM
Looks like mdwyer & I are the only ones confirmed along with 2 maybes.

:whiteflag: I guess its worth picking a new date and trying again in a month or 2.

mdwyer
11/14/2011, 09:31 AM
Looks like mdwyer & I are the only ones confirmed along with 2 maybes.

:whiteflag: I guess its worth picking a new date and trying again in a month or 2.

Aw, hell... and now I'm the *** who put the wrong date in his calendar. I just finally checked in to see where we were going today. :( I'm thinking to myself, "On a Monday?!"

*sigh* I'm sorry, all. I hope we can try again, soon.

spaceCADETzoom
11/15/2011, 06:25 PM
Man, that's what I get for being away from vx.info; totally missed this. There needs to be another one...just not this week. Or next. :)

VXorado
11/16/2011, 07:55 AM
The last one didn't happen so stay tuned for the rescheduled meet!

VXorado
11/16/2011, 07:56 AM
Aw, hell... and now I'm the *** who put the wrong date in his calendar. I just finally checked in to see where we were going today. :( I'm thinking to myself, "On a Monday?!"

*sigh* I'm sorry, all.

I will never forgive you :slap:

PlasticSun
11/21/2011, 11:50 AM
Hey we just got our 99 Ebony over to CO and would love to meet fellow VX owners. Put us down for the next meetup.