PDA

View Full Version : What's with the ghost archive thread about MPG?

Breezy
11/03/2011, 03:22 PM
Am I the only one who keeps seeing this pop up on the wall, yet it hasn't been touched for like 6 years....? Maybe I'm just goin KRA-Z.

VXorado
11/03/2011, 04:31 PM
Its there to haunt us on the VX's poor gas mileage :eek:.

Actually the thread shows up in the "new posts" section when a member completes the poll. Someone must have searched for the thread & then answered the poll without adding a comment.

Spooky :p

VX KAT
11/03/2011, 05:34 PM
Its there to haunt us on the VX's poor gas mileage :eek:.

Actually the thread shows up in the "new posts" section when a member completes the poll. Someone must have searched for the thread & then answered the poll without adding a comment.

Spooky :p

can't it also appear that way if someone "bumps" the thread using "Thread Tools", not necessarily answering the poll?

rsteinmetz70112
11/03/2011, 07:35 PM
Sometimes threads get "stuck", usually "VX Cats", for some reason.

If you can't get rid of a thread when you have "No" Unread Posts, the try the Quick Links and select "Mark Forums Read" that usually does it for me.

VXorado
11/03/2011, 08:14 PM
can't it also appear that way if someone "bumps" the thread using "Thread Tools", not necessarily answering the poll?

That sound right Sue. I didn't know that existed until now but I'm sure that will cause it to go to the top.

VX KAT
11/03/2011, 09:12 PM
Sometimes threads get "stuck", usually "VX Cats", for some reason.

If you can't get rid of a thread when you have "No" Unread Posts, the try the Quick Links and select "Mark Forums Read" that usually does it for me.

:_thinking.....I sometimes bump my "For Sale" threads when the item is still available....is that the ones you're talking about?

VXR
11/03/2011, 11:58 PM
Sometimes threads get "stuck", usually "VX Cats", for some reason

:laughb:

rsteinmetz70112
11/04/2011, 07:08 AM
.....I sometimes bump my "For Sale" threads when the item is still available....is that the ones you're talking about?
VX Cat,

Nope, I don't think so, unless you "bump" your threads every few seconds.

I usually go through the site looking at any unread posts using the link at the top of the page. Sometimes for no apparent reason after I go through a thread, check for unread posts the same thread is on top of the list of threads with unread posts immediately after I read it. Often for as many passes as I make until I hit the "Quick Link" to "Mark Forums Read".

It happens occasionally and for some reason your threads seem to do it more often that others. Perhaps you simply star more threads.

I think its some kind of quirk in the software.

Nothing was intended by my remark expect to make an observation.