PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my Ebony

Hybrid1098
11/07/2011, 08:42 AM
Hello peeps,

Finally took delivery of my new to me Ebony VX so now I can say that I finally have my own VX.

I purchased ZubraZ's VX after the original Ebay purchaser backed out.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=21343

Took delivery of it 2 hours ago and upon inspection, it seems it will need

AC condenser, mounts for the condenser (AC does not work) :mado:, Passenger CV boot (don't know if I need joints and half shaft), upper control arm (A-arm), passenger fender, passenger fender cladding, front bumper, bumper mount, headlight mount, headlight housing and most of all... Mucho dineros. I think I may need more parts but that is what I have come up with so far. The windows have a hard time going up as it goes up at an angle (probably need that SBC window thing so if anyone has an extra one (two actually since I need for both sides, I would like to purchase it).

I will take pictures and post it up wednesday as I need to be in Santa Barbara today and tomorrow. Glad to finally be part of the forum and hope I can rely on you all for some great advice, insight and just plain fun.

If anyone has some spare parts or mods that are lying around, shoot me a PM as I may be interested.

Oh by the way!!! Special shout out and a big thanks to Sue VXKAT for holding my hand through this whole process and helping me learn about the VX and even going so far as to even inspect it for me.

atilla_the_fun
11/07/2011, 09:39 AM
I have a set of SBC window brackets. I purchased them for my VX before!! I opened up the doors and found that it was the regulator that was off.. Never used. For sale $50, usps shipping included. shipping to the us..

VXjunky
11/07/2011, 09:50 AM
and mongolia?

Hybrid1098
11/07/2011, 10:29 AM
Mongolia is not for another year or so and I am still not 100% sure I am going. I still have much to do before I go anyway as I am about to be a dad (wife is 8 weeks in).

This Vehicross will be with me for a few months but I am still in the market for another one. I have fallen head over heels for this vehicle and totally ignored my motorcycle and car that are both much more "desired" than this which I place just as high as my other toys. I would love to buy another one but it seems I have to focus on this particular one first as it needs some TLC.

Hybrid1098
11/07/2011, 10:35 AM
I have a set of SBC window brackets. I purchased them for my VX before!! I opened up the doors and found that it was the regulator that was off.. Never used. For sale $50, usps shipping included. shipping to the us..

Consider it sold. How do I pay ya? Paypal?

atilla_the_fun
11/07/2011, 11:03 AM
Yup, Paypal will be fine. I'll PM you the details when I get home from work tonight.

iott2551
11/07/2011, 12:22 PM
Too bad, I could have used the window brackets too....

atilla_the_fun
11/07/2011, 03:26 PM
PM sent, Hybrid.

tom4bren
11/08/2011, 07:04 AM
Too bad, I could have used the window brackets too....

SBC sold his VX so he doesn't visit the forum much anymore but he still sells the window brackets on his website:

http://www.streetboutiquecustoms.com/vx.html

ZubrAZ
11/08/2011, 10:27 PM
check the 10A A/C fuse in a fuse box on a pass side under the hood - I'm pretty sure you'll find it busted. glad the shipping was trouble free for you. $250 from phx to LA is more than a good deal

TexVeX
11/08/2011, 11:23 PM
Paypal? LOL. Damn Shiner.

I want pics of the truck in your possession. hurry up. *wink*