PDA

View Full Version : heater not working rigbt

zadam123
11/12/2011, 03:36 AM
i had no problems with my heat until some overheating pro lems last year(there are posts about it) but to sum it up i had my fan clutch replaced,heater core replaced ,thermostat replaced 3times and the whole probleme was really flushing the radiator the rigjt way. now my heater dont blow the really hot air it used to. it fells like warm air wich takes a while to heat up the car. also it seems like the lowew i make the fan the warmer the air

my heater core blew due to the overheating. could they have put a cheap one in or could something elae be causing this?

atilla_the_fun
11/12/2011, 07:45 AM
If you let the car warm up, to where the temperature gauge finds itself neatly between Hot and Cold, or at your car's optimum idle temperature (achieved after at least 5 or so minutes of running), and you then turn on the heat is this air is still cool or just merely warm? At this temperature coolant is keeping the engine cool, and it will have a certain temperature.

zadam123
11/12/2011, 12:27 PM
stays warm. never gets as hot as it did befor

atilla_the_fun
11/12/2011, 05:34 PM
The heater core could be an issue, or the actual in dash unit (where you select the temp and fan speeds) may not be working right

Y33TREKker
11/13/2011, 05:19 PM
First things I'd check would be coolant level, coolant mixture, and hose condition during operation to make sure none are collapsed and preventing flow.

But as attila and the following chart mention, blower motor problems could also be causing the lack of heated air circulation.

VX Heating Diagnosis (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/21730)

Amnesia
11/15/2011, 09:30 AM
Also, check for an obstruction in the heater ducts... I had reduced heat (blower) output. I removed the screws from the bottom of the blower assy under the dash and when I dropped it out - a mouse nest fell out on me. (Material that had mysteriously disappeard from the underhood heat insulation). I cleaned out the mouse nest & put the blower back. Voila! This may or may not be your issue, but it's something to check. Good luck!

zadam123
11/16/2011, 12:01 PM
it seems to be blowing strong just not hot. antifreeze is fine