PDA

View Full Version : TOD issue... maybe!

99_VX
11/25/2011, 06:59 PM
I have a question regarding the power distribution of the TOD Vs. the throttle position. Before today if I was cruising and pressed the gas around 80% or so the lights on the TOD moved from one dot to 2 and went back to 1 when I release the gas below that point. Now it does not do it but it does activate the TOD if slippage occur. I was wondering if it had to do with the throttle position sensor going bad...? The tires are at the same level. Any suggestions are appreciated.

BeaVicross
02/07/2012, 11:49 AM
Well, I have been wanting to ask this question since I bought my VX back in 2009. Is the lower/first light of the TOD for the front suppose to always be on when driving? I thought that it should only engage when slippage occurred? Any comments would be appreciated.

Oh and sorry for climbing on your thread, 99VX.

MSHardeman
02/07/2012, 11:58 AM
BeaVicross, what you are describing is normal opperation for the TOD. At a complete stop, and below (I believe) 5mph only the lights on the rear wheels should be lit, none on the front. When you get above 5mph the first bar on the front wheels should light up and stay lit. If the wheels start to slip, then the TOD will temporarily throw power forward and all three of the bars on the front wheels should light up.

One thing I didn't realize about the TOD is that when it pushes power to the front wheels it is just a quick blip (until the wheels stop spinning) and not constant, sustained power, so it feels like a surge.

Hope that helps.

89Vette
02/07/2012, 01:53 PM
When the TOD activates, all 3 lights don't necessarily light up. It's a measure of how much power is being diverted to the front. Anywhere from 1 to 3 lights can be lit. IOW, two is also normal for the OP's scenario.

OTOH, at least 1 light should light when the vehicle goes in motion.

BeaVicross
02/22/2012, 03:22 PM
Thanks guys, that makes me feel better. :)