PDA

View Full Version : Bill 1633 passes the House

rowhard
12/19/2011, 07:46 PM
Was thumbing thru a motorcycle mag at work today and came across this write-up about H.R. Bill 1633. It's read that the U.S. House passes dust bill that would help protect ORV, that's us, right

Anyway, the write up is at this link http://www.americanmotorcyclist.com/news/rightsnews/11-12-08/U_S_House_passes_dust_bill_that_would_help_protect _off-road_riding.aspx with a link in it so you can contact your senator and ask them to support this bill.

I wish Todd was still with us so he could see this :thumbup:

89Vette
12/22/2011, 09:25 AM
I can't get excited about ANY bill Congress (or the Senate) passes anymore. It's all a bunch of B.S. deal-making that can be repealed at any time. Anymore, I'm thinking legistation itself is about getting re-elected.

This government has gotten so wrapped up in themselves, they don't care about anything anymore. Like Wallstreet, it's all about making a deal and looking out for #1. :mado:

atilla_the_fun
12/22/2011, 10:54 AM
If dust really does pose such a threat that it is under scrutiny to become regulated, maybe it isn't a bad thing to be sacrificing some off-roading locations where it can cause serious problems.

Triathlete
12/22/2011, 11:47 AM
Yea, because dust is the problem...

...not all the other pollutants that are dumped into our air!

atilla_the_fun
12/22/2011, 12:56 PM
I guess what I meant was, why is dust threatened to be regulated. What effects does it have on people or areas that makes it so that it has come to this? It may be wise to actually learn about both sides of an argument before throwing your weight behind one side of an important issue merely because of an infringement of your leisure activity.

Riff Raff
12/22/2011, 05:57 PM
I can't get excited about ANY bill Congress (or the Senate) passes anymore. It's all a bunch of B.S. deal-making that can be repealed at any time. Anymore, I'm thinking legistation itself is about getting re-elected.

This government has gotten so wrapped up in themselves, they don't care about anything anymore. Like Wallstreet, it's all about making a deal and looking out for #1. :mado:

x2. Well said!!!

:bgwb: