PDA

View Full Version : Apparently Hells Revenge is not...

Triathlete
12/29/2011, 07:34 AM
...all that hardcore! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=KFwPXEeJ3aI):rolly2:;eeky;

Ldub
12/29/2011, 07:48 AM
looks to have about the same rear vis as a VX.

VXobsession
12/29/2011, 08:01 AM
I've watched most of the vids about this guy and his car. I like the part about "that hummer over there is too scared to come up here".

crager34
12/29/2011, 08:29 AM
I have done most of Hell's Revenge using just the TOD, so most of it is not that hardcore. It's more known for the individual obsticles like Mickies, Hells Gate, Escalator, etc., that of course that Crown Royal would not be able to do.

Triathlete
12/29/2011, 09:10 AM
There are a few spots near the end that I am sure gave his undercarrage and rocker panels fits. :) And yes, HR "lite" is not too terrible other than the pucker factor...when its wet on the other hand, much more interesting! Several completely stock VX have made the journey and lived to tell the story (unscathered).

BigSwede
12/29/2011, 11:26 AM
There are a few spots near the end that I am sure gave his undercarrage and rocker panels fits. :) And yes, HR "lite" is not too terrible other than the pucker factor...when its wet on the other hand, much more interesting! Several completely stock VX have made the journey and lived to tell the story (unscathered).

I don't think slickrock is all that bad when wet...last year we did Launching Pad on Golden Spike in the rain, no problems (I was a little worried about that one). Amazing how mild it looks in the photo, but this one is STEEP, and a nice little bump right about where Fernando's Amigo is in the picture to get your heartrate up.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/BigSwede/Moab%202011/IMGP0577a.jpg

Now if you get wet sand coating your tires, it can be a different story...

Triathlete
12/29/2011, 01:09 PM
As Justin about tip over. In his big jeep it was a full trottle assault. I got denied...I was all over it like ice.