PDA

View Full Version : MaCross -and I don't mean the Anime...

virtualruffy
03/11/2012, 07:57 PM
Finally sold my old house and I want to do some upgrades to my Vehicross. I've got to figure out what all I can do and the best way to do it. I've been scanning the threads here all do on stereo installs and choices.

I'm looking at putting one of the PTID-8310NRBT stereos in after seeing it in this thread: http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=22132
And because of its high screen resolution I think I can use its screen as the video monitor for a Mac Mini. Mac + Vehicross = MaCross

There's quite a few sites on installing Mac Minis into vehicles -but none into a Vehicross that I could find so it would be a first.

Any thoughts on it let me know. I'm going to have to check speaker references because I'm seeing contradictory info on sizes. Doors seems to be anywhere from 5 to 6 inch and rear 4 to 6 inch unmodified. Modified someone put in 8 inchers.

vt_maverick
03/11/2012, 07:59 PM
Sounds like a cool idea, I know a guy did a Mac Mini install in a G35 coupe back in the day that was awesome. Fit in the glove compartment like, well... you know. ;)