PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done the steering fluid change before?

CoastieCosta567
03/24/2012, 07:26 AM
:confused:Hey, I was looking at the manual and saw that the VX has to have the steering fluid change every 30,000 miles, and I didn't ever think about that before. I have owned my VX for like 70K miles and its got 170K now. So its way past due at least for as far as I have owned it. My question is, has anyone here done that fluid change before? And is it hard? Cuz the manual makes it sound very complicating, or confusing. Its not that its not doable, but I rather know if its ok for an average garage monkey to do this fluid change? Thanks peep.

***EDIT****
Never mind, found this post, sorry pulled a noobie move. But any other advise would be great. Thank you.
http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=9442&highlight=steering+fluid+change

CoastieCosta567
03/24/2012, 12:14 PM
Ok, that was just way to easy, thanks to Zoraks reply on that older post. I flushed it, and got out about 95% of the old stuff out. Took me like 10 min's to flush and fill back up, and took me like 5 min's to bleed it, and 10 min's letting the VX run on its own.

I gotta say, wow, she is driving and steering way so much better, lol guess know I know what to do every 30K miles. :bgwo:

Chopper
03/25/2012, 04:36 AM
yup....piece o cake