PDA

View Full Version : Moncha - Not AGAIN

Ms Moncha
05/11/2012, 07:33 PM
To Our VX Family: Sorry for such a late posting. We wanted to let you know that Moncha (Scott) was in the hospital for a 4 day stay. He was not feeling himself for the last couple of weeks and called his doctor to report that he was dizzy and short of breath and had a massive headache. Since his doctor couldn't see him but wanted him checked out, he sent him to the ER. Well, the ER doc was puzzled as he had not seen anyone with a history like Scott's (that lived anyway) and started a cardiac workup on him and admitted him to the hospital. All of Scott's tests, i.e. lab, blood, MRI of head, CT of head, CT of carotids, PT eval, OT eval, Respiratory eval, Ultrasound of carotids all came back looking good. So, no new strokes, no new cardiac problems, no carotid blockage, no reason (that they could find) for his complaints. So, today, Friday, Scott just woke up feeling better and had better color. His headache is almost gone and the dizzyness is subsiding. They weren't able to figure out what is wrong, but he is better, regardless.

So, again, VX family, because of this last episode in the continuing saga of Moncha, we will unfortunately NOT be able to make it to Moab this year. We are heartbroken, but can't risk something else happening with Scott's health. If we had a little more time further out, of course, we would evaluate the decision differently. We will miss all of you terribly.

Please raise a glass to Moncha one evening, as we will be thinking of all of you. Give him a few days and he will be back on the forum. Have a great time and our standard motto is: "There is always next year". For those of you that are travelling, please be safe. Love to all of you from Moncha and Ms. Moncha.

Mile High VX
05/11/2012, 07:35 PM
So glad that all seems to be well...praying for you guys.

VX KAT
05/11/2012, 07:42 PM
Oh my! :( So sorry to hear of this, wishing him great strength and the power to get well again.
We love you both and we'll miss you guys but please take care and do everything to get Scott well again!
WE'RE THINKING OF YOU SCOTT & LAURA!!!
GET WELL SOON! :wave:
:_group2:

VXIRONwoMAN
05/11/2012, 07:57 PM
Oh man... So glad he's feeling better. I wish I had a magic wand to make it all go away. Much love to both of you! You'll be missed.

Love Cece and Gill

Triathlete
05/11/2012, 07:57 PM
Glad to hear all is okay! Scott is one of those guys that enjoys staying full throttle 24/7...some times a rest, forced or not, does a lot of good. Don't rush back to working (that includes this place, we will survive)...rest, rest and then rest some more!

Ldub
05/11/2012, 08:10 PM
Well, the ER doc was puzzled as he had not seen anyone with a history like Scott's (that lived anyway) and started a cardiac workup on him and admitted him to the hospital. All of Scott's tests, i.e. lab, blood, MRI of head, CT of head, CT of carotids, PT eval, OT eval, Respiratory eval, Ultrasound of carotids all came back looking good. So, no new strokes, no new cardiac problems, no carotid blockage, no reason (that they could find) for his complaints.

That sounds a lot like: either a bad PCV valve, a bad IAT sensor, or a bum TPS...:yesgray:

Oh my! :( So sorry to hear of this, wishing him great strength and the power to get well again.
We love you both and we'll miss you guys but please take care and do everything to get Scott well again!
WE'RE THINKING OF YOU SCOTT & LAURA!!!
GET WELL SOON! :wave:
:_group2:

X mega 2's...:(

I'm bummed that y'all aren't gonna be there, but health comes first.

X's, O's, & much :heart:.:heart:.:heart: to you both.

Hang in there Boss...:yes:

blacksambo
05/11/2012, 08:46 PM
Thank god, and stay well, we're all counting on you to stay the course.

pbkid
05/11/2012, 09:00 PM
Ya, thats truely a bummer that we wont see you guys this year. But as everyone else said, Scotts health is far more important and im just glad that he is okay!

You guys take care and we will toast more than 1 to Mr. and Mrs. Moncha :_beer:

:dance:

MSHardeman
05/11/2012, 09:02 PM
Laura and Scott, SO sorry to hear that we won't get to see you this year in Moab.:_crying: With that many VXers in one place, though, there will be some serious amounts of good ju-ju heading your way.

Going to miss y'all a bunch, but we'll get together again very soon.

Gussie2000
05/11/2012, 09:40 PM
Ms laura please tell scott i wish him a speedy recovery,i though those days were gone and he was having a normal day to day live.

Hopefully we can have those late nights back playing call of duty soon,i really miss the fun.

My thoughts are with you guys !!!!!!!

newthings
05/11/2012, 09:41 PM
Get well... Stay well Scott.
Roy

JoFotoz
05/11/2012, 10:00 PM
As long as youre OK Scott...thats what counts.

Last time it was me.....this time you...:_brickwal

We WILL meet one day...:thumbup:

Be well.

Jo

VXorado
05/12/2012, 12:02 AM
Glad you're feeling better Scott and I hope it stays that way. Amy and I were looking forward to seeing you guys again...maybe next year or later this year at a CO meet? Either way, take care and we'll see you next time. :)

lasturbo
05/12/2012, 12:41 AM
Speedy recovery Scott and your in good hands with your wonderful bride. Thanks for the update Laura and I hope our paths cross one day soon as "there will always be next year" seems to be happening to me when it comes to Moab. "Always something" for me. lol :bwgy:

Safe journeys Moab crew and "REPRESENT"

H3_VX
05/12/2012, 02:22 PM
As much as we all love our VX's we want all of our VX families health to come first. Get well soon.

workmeistr
05/13/2012, 01:09 PM
Have a speedy recovery, Scott. Laura, you take care of that guy, please.:luck:

I'm thinking of you and wishing you the best. Take care, Bren.

deermagnet
05/13/2012, 04:28 PM
I'm glad you're feeling better, Scott. Take care of yourself first. Moab will always be there.

Mark

tomdietrying
05/13/2012, 06:54 PM
Hey Buddy! I'm sending the both of you my deepest, positive vibes.

Peace.
Tom

tom4bren
05/14/2012, 06:59 AM
Scott & Laura - God bless you both. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

WormGod
05/14/2012, 07:23 AM
Is Scott throwing another code? Well, I guess at least it's a false code. Maybe his cap was too loose. (where does he plug his code reader in anyways.....?) ;)

Feel better soon Scott.

Scott Larson
05/14/2012, 07:54 AM
Best wishes to the both of you, I hope all is well and stays that way! Some days, this "gettin' old thing" kinda sucks; but it sure beats the alternative...:yeso:

raider
05/14/2012, 09:15 AM
Hope you're feeling better, Scott!!

SlowPro48
05/14/2012, 09:39 AM
Yes, Scott, hope you're feeling much better by now. :thumbup:

Maybe it was "just" a virus. We had something making the rounds in the office a few weeks ago - caused crushing headache and vertigo. It was rough but it went away in a week or so. Well... mostly went away. A few people ended up with ringing in ear/hearing loss that hasn't gone away yet - but at least they're not walking like Weebles any more.

joeworf
05/14/2012, 10:09 AM
Here's wishing you a speedy and full recovery, Scott! :grino: :luck:
I'm still trying to get past that "where do you put the code reader?" comment! :yesy:

Leah
05/14/2012, 05:09 PM
So sorry to hear you aren't feeling well, but glad you are getting better. I hope they find an answer soon! This may sound ridiculously simplistic, but are you taking B vitamins and B12 in particular, and vitamin D? If not, you might try it. I get to feeling really bad if I'm not taking B12, B-Complex, and D on a daily basis. It makes a HUGE difference for me.

Hang in there, Scott and Laura!

Moncha
05/16/2012, 09:33 AM
Thank you all, I am doing much better now. This is the first time I've been online since this mess happened. It seems with my past history, I put a panic in to anyone anytime I claim to not feel well. I'm glad that they (the Docs) push though as I'm so stubborn, I'd prolly never see the big one coming if it was standing in front of me. As the time flies by, I'll be working on the upgrade again so, I can get it completed soon! (It's waaaay overdue/pastdue). Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts, it helps tons!

Leah
05/16/2012, 10:58 AM
:bwgy::bgwb::bgwo::smilewink

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Welcome Home!!!

circmand
05/16/2012, 11:08 AM
Glad everything worked out okay.

Mile High VX
05/16/2012, 12:15 PM
Glad to hear the good news Scott...

Anita
05/16/2012, 05:59 PM
Yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad you are okay, my dear. :heart: