PDA

View Full Version : i spray painted some interior pieces with good results

bearandbee
05/24/2012, 09:20 PM
My interior walls are pretty beat up and I just got a tire cover that was faded. We used the plastic spray paint that does not require primer and can be found at home depot. It def is more black and has more of a sheen compared to stock but I'm very impressed with the easy application and instant, new car looking results. If it holds up, we will do everything except the dash. I'll post pics when I figure out how from my phone. Anybody else used this product?

Ldub
05/24/2012, 09:38 PM
If you want it to look less shiny, & closer to the factory sheen, or lack thereof...

Hit it with a couple of coats of flat clear...:yesgray:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC01399.jpg

89Vette
05/24/2012, 09:59 PM
For interior plastic, leather, and vinyl parts, the traditional method for restoring finish is to use a product like SEM or Duplicolor spray dye. It's thinner and more durable than most paints -- though I can't speak directly to the specialty plastic "paint".

Generally though,,,parts that get touched will require periodic recoating. Parts that remain untouched should last quite awhile. For touched parts, one advantage of the dye is multiple coats don't peel/flake/build-up like paint often does.

My favorite interior black dye is SEM Landau Black

Mile High VX
05/25/2012, 04:48 AM
My favorite interior black dye is SEM Landau Black

x2...it's da bomb...:yesy::yeso::yesgray::winky:

bearandbee
05/25/2012, 08:52 AM
Glad I asked!....so I can use the black on leather seats? And steering wheel? Do they have a red that will match our seats and door panels?