PDA

View Full Version : rear end noise when coming to a stop

evillecutter
06/07/2012, 07:33 AM
is it normal to feel/hear a slight almost grabbing noise coming from the rear end when coming to a stop? im not talking about the break thing where you release the pedal after coming to a hard stop and the car drops, and its not from the front end when the tod ingages/disengages - not a grinding noise but more of a bump or like something is grabbing and only happens when slowing between 20 and 10 mph - does not feel like the trans at all i can feel the downshift smooth and completely seperate from whatever this is - i could just be paranoid but any insight is always appreciated

Y33TREKker
06/07/2012, 09:51 AM
Have you lubed the front and rear u-joints on your drive shaft lately?

evillecutter
06/07/2012, 09:53 AM
tried last weekend but i cant get the gall darned grease gun primed! any tricks on how to get that done again would be appreciated - didnt have a problem last time i put a tube in it but this one just doesnt want to get going

twostep1n2
06/07/2012, 10:01 AM
Check your rear axle bearings. lift up the rear end on a jack and with your hands lift up and down on the tires if there is any slop your bearings may be bad. can cause clunking in the rear end.

evillecutter
06/14/2012, 06:55 PM
finally got the grease gun working and lubed the three nipples - seems to have done the trick

Triathlete
06/14/2012, 07:07 PM
You guys obviously don't turn your audio systems up nearly enough. I never hear any squeeking, clunking, whinning,... :)

pbkid
06/14/2012, 07:13 PM
You guys obviously don't turn your audio systems up nearly enough. I never hear any squeeking, clunking, whinning,... :)

thats what I'm always thinking when people say they hear a little rattle in the back of their dash, or a little squeeking coming from the roof rack etc.

CRANK UP THE TUNES!!! problem solved :dance:

Y33TREKker
06/16/2012, 11:16 AM
thats what I'm always thinking when people say they hear a little rattle in the back of their dash, or a little squeeking coming from the roof rack etc.

CRANK UP THE TUNES!!! problem solved :dance:
And when a person sees smoke/flames/sparks flying out of the back in the rear-view mirrors....darker window tint!! :p

pbkid
06/19/2012, 06:52 AM
Haha yup youve got it!!

All kidding aside, as long as your not billy, changing fluids and greasing joints goes a LONG way in the vx. The motor on the other hand? Eh, your just playing russian roulette there.