PDA

View Full Version : Retirement time is here....

Chopper
07/08/2012, 06:40 PM
We all get there....and 0177 is no different.
This week, all the fluids will be changed, it will get a complete detail, I'll dig out the cover. The wheels and tires will be replaced by stands, and be flat stacked.
There's a corner in the new building where it will stay....on stands, covered and silent.
Makes me sort of sad actually, but I'm not willing to sell it and I won't park it outdoors.
Maybe work it into the showroom floor but then people are touching it and crap,,,,,that would make ne nutz:mado:
Something may change down the road, and I'll be able to use it again, but for now?
:yeso:58k and flawless is a good place to quit.

H3_VX
07/08/2012, 06:55 PM
We all get there....and 0177 is no different.
This week, all the fluids will be changed, it will get a complete detail, I'll dig out the cover. The wheels and tires will be replaced by stands, and be flat stacked.
There's a corner in the new building where it will stay....on stands, covered and silent.
Makes me sort of sad actually, but I'm not willing to sell it and I won't park it outdoors.
Maybe work it into the showroom floor but then people are touching it and crap,,,,,that would make ne nutz:mado:
Something may change down the road, and I'll be able to use it again, but for now?
:yeso:58k and flawless is a good place to quit.

I don't understand. Did your engine blow and you can't fix it or something?

Chopper
07/08/2012, 07:03 PM
nothing like that, just too many vehicles. 3 in the garage and a pickup in the drive. It's just never gonna get used anymore and I don't want it outside. I have nice inside storage at the shop, so I'm mothballing it.

twalker920
07/08/2012, 07:06 PM
I think the showroom with a velvet rope around it (or maybe some yellow tow ropes...more VXish) and a nice plaque :)

Sorry it's out of service, but yeah I don't think I would part with mine either. In fact I just said to the guys on the trail ride today that when mine goes I'll probably put it up on block in the front yard, partly to display it proudly and partly to annoy my neigbors :D

Etfren
07/08/2012, 07:14 PM
Well at least now we can all rest easy knowing there is a pristine one being preserved so the rest of us can continue modding and wheeling however we want with ours. :D

Chopper
07/09/2012, 03:01 AM
I think the showroom with a velvet rope around it (or maybe some yellow tow ropes...more VXish) and a nice plaque :)

Sorry it's out of service, but yeah I don't think I would part with mine either. In fact I just said to the guys on the trail ride today that when mine goes I'll probably put it up on block in the front yard, partly to display it proudly and partly to annoy my neigbors :D

It was actually the owner/boss' idea to make a display on the floor and put it into the collection.....If I can figure a way to show it and keep folks, and kids and fingers OFF, that may happen still. Left half on a "road surface" right side on rocks....rt side dirty/left side shiny??
I like the Tow rope idea

jn
07/09/2012, 04:17 AM
Where exactly is the showroom? I live in the Ft Lauderdale area and will be driving up to Atlanta in about a month. Would love to stop by as part of my trip.

twalker920
07/09/2012, 09:41 AM
It might become a shrine to all those people who will never be able to have one :)

Also, you'd be surprised how effective a "Please do not touch" sign can be. People are generally respectful of that kind of thing.

evillecutter
07/09/2012, 12:51 PM
someday long after people are extinct from this planet a spaceship will arrive, take off the cover, and marvel at the vx - then the conversion for space travel begins...

twalker920
07/09/2012, 02:11 PM
When the Doctor finally fixes the Chameleon Circuit in his TARDIS, it will logically decide to take the shape of a VX :)

Chopper
07/09/2012, 04:42 PM
Where exactly is the showroom? I live in the Ft Lauderdale area and will be driving up to Atlanta in about a month. Would love to stop by as part of my trip.
We would love to have you stop by.....open or not, I'll see that you get the nickle tour of the shop and what we have in storage :)
**Route 207 in St. Augustine.....Go east about 2 miles from the 207 exit on I95.
We should be up and running in a month....construction is wearing us all out. Down to painting floors and assembling the paint booth
****Customs and Classics of St. Augustine...love to see ya. Show you some old iron
I'm ready to get back to making cars :)

newthings
07/09/2012, 05:05 PM
Good job.
Roy

Noctis
07/10/2012, 12:04 PM
I think that is signature worthy!

When the Doctor finally fixes the Chameleon Circuit in his TARDIS, it will logically decide to take the shape of a VX :)