PDA

View Full Version : Pitch in to help out MSHardeman (mark)

pbkid
07/24/2012, 11:03 AM
Hey all,
This may be far fetched but I was reading mark's thread about his VX and the blown motor. In my mind i'm thinking to myself that mark is a very active member here, he is very helpful whenever people need help and he truely is a VX lifer (and he is just plain good people). As many of us can attest, for those who have not seen his VX in person, it is carefully maintained and loved. Now, the last thing I want to see is Mark leaving our community because he couldnt afford to repair his ride, or it costs him so much that it scares him off. I know first handed that when a VX motor goes, it can be very expensive, and not necessarily something that one wants to do twice. If it hadnt been so expensive for me I would have kept mine.

So, I am willing to pitch some money into a paypal account for mark as a gift, in hopes that he gets his horse back on the road before winter. I welcome anyone else to join me. I would prefer that mark sets up the account because then no contributor has any fear of me taking money from it.

mark, do you have a paypal account that we can donate to or will you make one? Ive seen this work before (years ago), and help get a horse back onto the road.

Any other kind hearts out there for a good friend?

VXorado
07/24/2012, 11:25 AM
You can count me in to help out. Additionally I might be able to lend a hand or pick up a part on the front range if need be. :yesgray:

VX KAT
07/24/2012, 11:34 AM
I'm all in! :thumbup:

MSHardeman
07/24/2012, 11:53 AM
Jack, I REALLY appreciate your offer, and I can't adequately express how touched :heart: I am that you and others would be willing to do this, but it really isn't necessary. I am a VXer for life, and the cost of repairing the VX won't scare me off. I'm not going anywhere. Replacing the engine in the VX, even if it get's upwards or $5000 or more (which I doubt it will), is still less expensive than getting a new or used car, and any car that I could buy for $5000 just wouldn't be worth it if I couldn't drive the VX. Depending on what the leak down test tells me on Friday, I will immediately start searching for a rebuilt engine so Vicki will be back on the road SOON.

Yeah, replacing the engine will put a BIG dent in my wallet, but nothing I can't get myself out of. I'm extremely lucky/blessed to have a good, steady, well paying job so this will just be a bump in the road. Besides, while I'm paying the new engine off I'll get to drive the VX which always puts a smile on my face no matter what else is going on in my life.

This little community we have going here continues to amaze me and I am extremely grateful for everyone I've met (literally or virtually) because of it.

pbkid
07/24/2012, 06:31 PM
I appreciate your humility and humbleness, Mark, but why not let us each pitch in a smidge? I know that your a lifer, and i hope replacing the motor wouldnt scare you off. I can tell you that you arent going to get ALL the money you need to get the motor replaced, but every little bit helps.
C'mon, give us your paypal account. I'm not gonna break my bank to repair your car, but I can spare some :). (that, and i truely enjoy helping others out).

Ditto on what Jon said, if you need help sourcing parts or picking anything up in Denver area, let me know as well.

VX KAT
07/24/2012, 06:33 PM
if you need help sourcing parts

sourcing parts?.....did somebody say sourcing parts??
The Queen of finding parts is at your service if ya need it Mark! :thumbup:

JoFotoz
07/24/2012, 06:34 PM
X2 ..:thumbup:

I appreciate your humility and humbleness, Mark, but why not let us each pitch in a smidge? I know that your a lifer, and i hope replacing the motor wouldnt scare you off. I can tell you that you arent going to get ALL the money you need to get the motor replaced, but every little bit helps.
C'mon, give us your paypal account. I'm not gonna break my bank to repair your car, but I can spare some :). (that, and i truely enjoy helping others out).

Ditto on what Jon said, if you need help sourcing parts or picking anything up in Denver area, let me know as well.

Whatever help I can give..ya got it Mark.

Jo

H3_VX
07/24/2012, 06:34 PM
sourcing parts?.....did somebody say sourcing parts??
The Queen of finding parts is at your service if ya need it Mark! :thumbup:

:yesy:

Scott Harness
07/24/2012, 06:57 PM
I got my 2nd engine at All hyundai-Isuzu Parts. $1800 I forgot what labor was. Look in the links section,I think they are in there.

H3_VX
07/24/2012, 07:25 PM
I'm not rich, but I would be more than happy to throw whatever I could spare down if it would help a fellow VX'er out. I'm sure others would do the same for myself or any other on here if they needed help.

Etfren
07/24/2012, 08:10 PM
If it weren't for Mark offering to share his room in Moab I might not have gone and met all you great folks, so anything I can do to help out such an awesome VX'er I'd be happy to.

Props to you Jack for getting this rolling as well, whether Mark decides to accept or not.

eternal21
07/24/2012, 10:24 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....I have an engine. It had an overheating issue that after much trial and error has been determined to have been caused by the a/c compressor. I never let it fully overheat, just ran hot sometimes.

Instead of putting pulling the tranny from the Trooper I purchased, I'm pulling the motor AND tranny and sticking them in my truck, as it is easier for me to to do that than just pull the tranny (freaking header bolts *grrrrr*). I have 102kish on it my engine, been running synthetic since I got it.

Say $500 + shipping? Oh, and I want to keep my red coil packs :)

I will be going to Germany for 2 weeks on August 8th. What kind of time line are you looking @?

Dumke
07/25/2012, 07:36 AM
X (whatever number we are on)

Any help needed and Jack said it best in his last post. Also good on ya Jack.

Mile High VX
07/25/2012, 05:22 PM
I'm in for whatever you need sir!

Gizmo42
07/25/2012, 05:41 PM
Mark, one thing I forgot about but remembered tonight while posting in a thread on the planet. I know a few members there had an issue with the shear pin on the end of the camshaft breaking off. Not sure if it was 3.2, 3.5 or both. Dont know if that would cause the exact symptoms you were having or not. Its possible that the cam isnt turning and #3 valves are open and #1 are mostly closed. I've heard that these engines can run reasonably well on one bank.

Anita
07/26/2012, 09:33 PM
I'm not rich, but I would be more than happy to throw whatever I could spare down if it would help a fellow VX'er out. I'm sure others would do the same for myself or any other on here if they needed help.

I'm in too! Whatever I can do my dear ...

VXobsession
07/26/2012, 11:01 PM
Send your VX here, pay for whatever parts are needed, and my brilliant husband/mechanic will fix her up for free.

pbkid
07/27/2012, 10:59 AM
cmon mark, toss us a bone here. Whats your paypal?

friends are allowed to help each other, ya know? :)