PDA

View Full Version : ground for passenger side headlight??????

wetpoop
08/06/2012, 10:31 AM
OK, I need to get a manual. Where can I get one? Second, I have a very dim headlight on the passenger side. Driver's side works perfectly. The passenger side high and low beam both are dim. I have 12volts on the power wires for both the low and high beam. I am showing more than 5 ohms of resistance from the ground wire athe the bulb connection to the battery. Obviously I have a high resistance there, but can't find where that wire grounds to the engine/body/drivetrain. Please help. LOL For now, I am going to splice in a ground, but want to do it right. I can't stand ghetto repairs. Thanks ladies and gents. Oh, mine is a 99 if it matters.

tom4bren
08/06/2012, 10:51 AM
Attached is the ETM (Electrical Troubleshooting Manual). Headlights start on page 100 (pdf page 129). Hope it helps.

Also, keep in mind that there is a wire bundle that goes over the passenger fender that has been known to chafe and short. I have no idea if the headlight wires are contained in that bundle.

FYI, I removed my attached file because it's located here:

http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Downloads&file=viewarticle&id=19

wetpoop
08/06/2012, 01:40 PM
Thanks, amazing what a schematic can do for you. I assumed that the wire I was testing was a ground. Once I saw the schematic, I realized that it wasn't , and that the headlight switch provides the ground. I got it now. Thanks for the link.