PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Flap/Lid Cover broken help needed

whitebreadx
08/12/2012, 03:10 PM
So i just noticed today when i went to put some gas that my fuel lid cover was sitting loose inside of its housing. I'm not sure if that's the best description but that the only way i can describe it with out any pictures. i can lock the gas door but it seems like it is in too far and and doesn't want to fit snug like i had seen it before.
I tried searching the forum but I did not find any threats that were relevant to my problem.
Any suggestions?

Y33TREKker
08/12/2012, 03:17 PM
Take it off and see if any of it's parts are broken? Maybe someone tried to pry it open to steal gas and damaged something in some way? Pictures would definitely help.

Chopper
08/13/2012, 02:29 AM
I broke mine just leaning a gas nozzle against it. They are made of crap pot metal....not a billet or even machined steel.....it's "white metal"
The new one from Merlin cost maybe 40 bucks....
**THE RUB
They were mounted to the cladding BEFORE it was hung on the truck. There is one screw that goes in from the back. I did manage to get it on without removing the cladding, but it was not real easy....patience (and small hands) will win out.
I wanted to look around for a Billet replacement, but got lazy and just ordered from Isuzu....figured attachment points would be different, but I don't know that as fact
Good luck mate

rowhard
08/13/2012, 05:31 AM
They were mounted to the cladding BEFORE it was hung on the truck. There is one screw that goes in from the back. I did manage to get it on without removing the cladding, but it was not real easy....patience (and small hands) will win out.

Seems like when I removed mine to polish it, I popped the tail light out, maybe removed, one or two cladding screws, made it pretty simple to get to.