PDA

View Full Version : Castle nut HELP!!

jeeperkate
10/30/2012, 02:47 PM
I need castle nuts for my tie rod!!! Mine went with Lucain to fix his rig and I can't get a hold of him, LDub didn't have his, fastenal wants to charge me $40 to get some and no parts stores have any or can get them unless I was to buy the ends to get the nuts! I am at the end of my rope here as the VX needs to get to storage and I'd rather not do it aboard a flatbed!!

Help. What should I do, or does someone have extras they can send???? Please the VX has been out of commission for almost three weeks

Thanks.

VxSport
10/30/2012, 02:52 PM
I can check for them..... one or two?

jeeperkate
10/30/2012, 02:55 PM
Two. Thanks

VxSport
10/30/2012, 03:06 PM
I have one on the bench, need to make sure it is the correct one. I probably have a second one. Let me check tomarrow (day off), if you want them, they are yours.

I have seen people use nylon lock nuts on these too. certainly not the oem design. If you have a thread gauge, you may be able to get that type

Two. Thanks

Ldub
10/30/2012, 05:59 PM
My apologies Kate...:mbrasd:..:_wrench:

I ASSumed that y'all woulda kept the nuts off'n one or the other set when you so generously furnished Lucian with the "TRIQ" (tie rod in question...:smilewink )

I can send you the two I have left, I'm pretty sure I can source a couple of nylocks for a LOT less than forty bucks.

My plan is to break down the one I have left, to it's base components, & put it in a container, IN my truck...NOT trailer...:slap:

That way, it'll be good to go for either L or R side trail fixes...:yesgray:..:_wrench:

Lemme know what shakes out with the other offers, if needed, I'll ship em out ASAP.

In any event, tell that hammer schlaaggen B/F of yours that it's HIS fault...:laughing:

jeeperkate
10/30/2012, 07:24 PM
No worries Dub, we just weren't even thinking. I meant to grab the broken parts from the TRIQ but we were so hungry when we got back that we forgot. We'll figure something out. Worse case we'll use some nylock nuts just to put her away for the season.

Lets see what vxsport comes up with. Also, that bf of mine is going to see if he has some castle nuts that will work from his old rodeo. Lets keep fingers crossed that they are a match!!

Ldub
10/30/2012, 07:39 PM
Also, that bf of mine is going to see if he has some castle nuts that will work from his old rodeo. Lets keep fingers crossed that they are a match!!

Here's ta hope'n...:_beer:

Finnerz crossed, standing by...nuts at the ready...:laughing:

Yeh...I know...I think I'm SO funny...:rolleyesg

Scott Larson
10/30/2012, 10:18 PM
I can pull a pair off one-o-mine and get 'em to ya...

VxSport
10/30/2012, 11:12 PM
ok Jeeperkate. I still found just the one. Its the correct one, threads on my vx. If you want one.... pm mailing address and it will be out tomarrow.

jeeperkate
11/01/2012, 11:24 AM
Thanks you guys! Good news and bad news - B found the nuts from his Rodeo and although they are not castle nuts they will work. Thank you for offering to help! I was having a rough day and those nuts were putting me over the edge...

Dub, please put your nuts away....for Moab's sake :p

VxSport
11/01/2012, 12:12 PM
Glad your taken care of.

Ldub
11/01/2012, 03:48 PM
Dub, please put your nuts away....for Moab's sake :p

Well...OK then...since Ya said please....:laughing:

nfpgasmask
11/02/2012, 09:23 AM
Yeah, our castle nuts are weird. I went to R&E Fasteners and Fastenall and they had castle nuts, but only a few in metric and they were taller than our flat castle nuts. Our nuts are just like regular nuts with grooves cut in them whereas the caste nuts you can buy have a raised portion on the top of them with the castle part there, which does not work in most cases on our Isuzus. Very annoying.

Bart

jeeperkate
11/02/2012, 10:06 AM
It's official, the VX is all tucked in for the winter. I'll miss Betty!! Thanks again to those of you that offered to send me your nuts ;)