PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a VX to call my own.

marks750
12/27/2012, 02:05 PM
Greetings all,

So as the title suggests I am looking for a VX. :clap:
Could someone lookup a VIN for me? "JACCN57X317D00415"
I have seen this request posted by others so I'm hoping someone has a way to run a free Autocheck or Carfax.
This is a 2001 Silver VX in Florida and would like to know if it's worth the drive?

Thanks in advance.
Mark
:_beer:

mborodi
12/27/2012, 06:00 PM
I have unlimited access to carfax, just so you know, carfax or autocheck isn't a "bible".. if there were unreported accidents it won't show.. but it will give you a basic idea.. you're going to get more information here, I'd think.. finding the owner and getting the life of your prospective VX info from them.. VXer's aren't like other people looking to unload their clunker for quick cash.. they're usually in love with their VX and life just made it's changes.. CarFax says about this VX, No accidents, 3 previous owners; it was first owned in West Palm Beach FL, then moved to Salem, North Carolina then back to Florida, Tarpon Springs.. so it won't be completely loaded with rust (like the rest of us) (mine was a northern VX- rust wasn't horrible but I still had the undercarriage sprayed); looks like Induction system was checked, brakes checked, Transmission flush and a tune up in April of 04. Radiator hoses replaced in 2011, Induction system "serviced" at the same time April 12, 2011.. (at Friendly Kia & Isuzu Dealership in New Port Richey, FL) last comment was mileage at 138,964 maintenance inspection performed at the same dealership.. sorry I couldnt just copy & paste all that.. lol.. I remote accessed into my work where I have the access to carfax (I work for a dealership).. I'd be concerned with the amount of times the Induction System has had service, and why? those would be good questions to ask.. of course.. do the window's work, what kind of work has been done to them, tranny shifting smoothly? ABS light on (just a sensor)

marks750
12/28/2012, 01:07 PM
Many, Many Thanks, mborodi!

I have been all over this forum looking for this guy and it doesn't appear that he is a member. So how committed to his VX can he be? :right:

I'm encouraged by this "Transmission flush and a tune up in April of 04. Radiator hoses replaced in 2011" and that work was done by a dealer. It tells me he may not be a mechanic but was keeping up the scheduled maintenance.

I will have to look into "Induction System". Not sure what they mean by this.
It could be the MAF sensor went bad or was clogged, it could be a hose leak, it could be the dealer "forgot" to fully seat the PCV valve. Or my usual problem of clogged Idle Air Control valve. Who knows.

Does the VX have a weak spot (Achilles Heel) in the Induction system that I should be aware of?

Thanks again for the carfax check. :thanx:

mborodi
12/28/2012, 04:54 PM
that's the first I've seen of any known issues with regards to Induction system.. most die hard VX'rs will tell you right off the bat, windows are a giant pain in the tookus! of course the norm, transmission.. Isuzu just is known for it.. crappy transmissions.. doesn't matter what model.. like I said, I work for a dealer.. if we have 15 Rodeo's out there in a lot of 200 used cars.. at least 5 of the rodeo's have had rebuilt transmissions.. my Proton shifts clunky every once in a while.. not enough to sway me away because I knew it when I began my "love" for a VX in 99.. it will fail on me one of these days, and I will spend the money to get it rebuilt.. same thing with the engine..
The one you're looking at, I did see another tune up in 07.. another things that's good.. I would be asking when/if timing chain & water pump were done? It looks like according to the dates the 2nd owner did all the good maintenance, but I can run the VIN again and look at the dates in correlation to the 3 owners.. maybe 3rd & final owner wasn't that dedicated a VX'er? I'll run the VIN again and let you know..
Monica

marks750
12/28/2012, 09:35 PM
Thanks, Monica.

I know about the window and tranny problems.
I'm curious what the dealer means by tune up. At this point the only thing that can be done to a modern car that was part of a traditional "tune up" is new spark plugs and wires and I don't see the point of new plugs and wires after just 3 years. I keep getting out my old grease gun when I change my oil, but alas no place to attach. :smilewink
I will ask about the timing chain and water pump.
The guy in Tarpon Springs says that he bought it in 2004, so I thought that he did the tranny flush.
Oh well. The joys of buying a used car.

mhill
12/28/2012, 09:45 PM
I will be listing mine for sale soon, it is for sale now, just have not had time to list it. I mention this because it is solid and has spent its life in Nevada and Arizona so there are no rust issues.

VX KAT
12/28/2012, 09:52 PM
I will be listing mine for sale soon, it is for sale now, just have not had time to list it. I mention this because it is solid and has spent its life in Nevada and Arizona so there are no rust issues.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:
sorry to hear that MIke…..:(