PDA

View Full Version : Oil Pressure Sensor?

iyafyl
01/17/2013, 09:44 PM
So a blade broke off of my cooling fan (long story about a fun weekend) and during it's short flight it went through wires that appeared to have run to whatever is just behind where the oil filter is attached. I'm assuming it is some sort of oil pressure sensor, but I'm a noob to the VX and not sure. So, anyone know what it is and (more importantly) should I even be driving until it is replaced and have rerun the wiring to it? I should mention that I am not 100% sure that this is where the wires connected to, but it "appears to be." I'm very good at fixin' just about anything, but I'm no mechanic.

VX KAT
01/18/2013, 12:37 AM
Did you download the WorkShop Manual? Should help you.
It's like 1800 pages
http://www.vehicross.info/modules.php?name=Downloads&file=viewarticle&id=20

iyafyl
01/18/2013, 09:50 AM
I did, but couldn't find anything although I was trying to view it on an ancient laptop that was frustrating me to the point that I gave up.

iyafyl
01/18/2013, 09:59 AM
...not to mention, it's hard to find something in a manual when you have no idea what it is. I tried oil pressure sensor and got nothing. I didn't try 'doohickey on the back of the oil filter.'' Perhaps I should give that a shot.

iyafyl
01/18/2013, 11:39 AM
Well, I can't see the pics from my PC at worked (they are blocked somehow), but I'll giev it a shot tonight. I'm mechanically inclined, but definitely in the dark when it comes to wiring. I appreciate it Mark...and you to Kat :)