PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Snow

bssage
02/27/2013, 06:54 PM
Well my first VX winter.

I was afraid it was gonna be a lame one. Been eyeballing the mud holes all winter long. The only thing keeping me from dipping my wheels in is the inevitable investment of time spent cleaning up.:o Been there: done that. So I have really been jonesing for the hard IA snow. My peeps are all "Ba Humbug: More snow". "Were sick of the snow" :madb: Me? A smirk on my face: The spring in my step as I get off work tells the story. My big fear so far this winter is when I pass the 20+ car line on the highway. That the stragglers I leave in my wake are filled with a false sense of security thinking its not as bad as they thought, as they lamely attempt to follow.:p

Some times it's the very little things that bring the most pleasure. The old lady at the gas station who asks about my ride. The best: to date, was the fella who lives down the road. Waiting at the plow line that blocked my drive on his ATV. "Want me to clear that for you?" I have to fight back using any words. The twinkle in my eye and friendly see ya wave is all I need.:bgwb: As I look in the mirror its almost as if he got as much pleasure watching me ramp through that mountain of snow as I did.

But you all already know that don't you?:)

RickOKC
02/27/2013, 08:07 PM
Yeppers, I know. The first year I had my VX, we had good, rare, 8" snow storm in OKC. I bowed out of getting out the first day since the wind chill had us DEEP into the scary negative temperatures, but the next day it wasn't much better but I couldn't stand it any more. It's probably because I've had so many rear wheel drive vehicles so I had a great deal of fun driving around with NO issues and was floored by how easy it was to get around.

First I wondered if I could get out of my driveway (yep, easy) then wondered if I could I get up the hill to the main road (yep, easy). I think I drove around for about 5 hours getting braver and braver trying to find deeper and deeper snowdrifts. I never had a problem and didn't go home until the crazies started coming out and began endangering my fenders.

Giggled all day long! Every time our "snowmagedon" forecasts since then don't pan out I'm always sad. :(

nocturnalVX
02/28/2013, 04:43 AM
The only thing better than seeing how well the VehiCROSS handles snowy conditions is seeing other people's reactions to how unstoppable it is...

JAMAS
02/28/2013, 06:35 AM
Not snow related, but reaction related.....

.....I once pulled a guy out of an on ramp ditch.....Highway patrol kept asking me if I was sure I could pull him out. And finally let me attempt. I could almost hear them laugh at me under their breath.....

....2 seconds later, I was pulling this car out on only 3 of its wheels with ease.

I think their jaws were in their lap.

bssage
02/28/2013, 02:52 PM
APPARENTLY IT'S FROWNED UPON ! In this household: Not to plow my 50 yard driveway. I don't know why I put up with these people.

ZeroSix
02/28/2013, 07:27 PM
YES!!!! I NOW NEVER REGRET HAVING A VX!!!!! granted there has not been any comparable snow in Chicago... but when there was slush slipping and digging this week. I was laughing and just having fun driving around endlessly enjoying what the mini tank can do. To add insult to injury; climbing a curb and getting out of a jammed lot via sidewalk.

I had an SVX before this....

RodL
03/05/2013, 02:14 AM
I was born and raised in Iowa and just got my VX this early winter. It and I are stuck in Florida until May or June, no playing in the snow for me this year. Maybe someday. Jealous of all the fun you are having.

Rod

bssage
03/05/2013, 04:53 AM
I was born in West Palm and visit occasionally. People in Iowa think they want to live in FL. I am always explaining that more time is spent indoors in FL than IA. The better part of the year its just too stinking hot to enjoy the outside. Still miss the beaches and girls though. You live on the coast or central ? I know there are some trails in the central part of the state.

I have lived in Iowa since the mid 70's. I love the seasons, Mud season: Snow season: Mud season again: and dry season: Woke up to another three inches of snow this morning. Got a full tank. Headed out in a few before everything gets plowed. Iowa should transition to mud season by the end of the week.

RodL
03/05/2013, 03:46 PM
I was born in West Palm and visit occasionally. People in Iowa think they want to live in FL. I am always explaining that more time is spent indoors in FL than IA. The better part of the year its just too stinking hot to enjoy the outside. Still miss the beaches and girls though. You live on the coast or central ? I know there are some trails in the central part of the state.

I have lived in Iowa since the mid 70's. I love the seasons, Mud season: Snow season: Mud season again: and dry season: Woke up to another three inches of snow this morning. Got a full tank. Headed out in a few before everything gets plowed. Iowa should transition to mud season by the end of the week.

I am in West Palm area. It has changed a lot since the 70's I'm sure. It changed a lot from when I left in 2001 to when I started to come back every winter in 2007. Used to live out in Wellington but am in the Lantana/Lake Worth area now. West of 95 but east of Military Trail.

Rod