PDA

View Full Version : VX mechanic

JMNY
03/07/2013, 07:04 PM
So I have few things on my VX want bucket list and I had a trusted mechanic already to take my VX a couple of months ago and do the work. Well he had some stuff he needed to take care of and never had the time to work on my VX.

I have a set of 4 Ranchos all ready to be installed. I bought a OEM timing belt from Merlin. I wanted to change all the fluids to synthetic. (Oil already done). SBC brackets for my window. I even bought all of the LED lights that a fellow member (thanks Vendetta) generously offered to help me with and Hurricane Sandy took care of that!

My VX is running great and has no issues. Thank goodness! These are all items I have so I can keep my own records and make my VX close to perfect! They are all sitting in boxes waiting to be installed.

I know this site is great for tips advice pictures and great info n general. But I have never really worked on any cars and I am really going to be very careful with who touches the VX after reading some stories on here!

Maybe someone in NJ or NY area knows someone that has worked on their VX and can recommend them to me? As spring approaches I am hoping that I can get some of these things done. We even had a meet and wrench and I had some great offers from members to lend a hand on some of these things and do some things last year. I appreciated that as well.

If you know someone please email me or send me a private message. Thanks!

jheyson =)
03/07/2013, 07:39 PM
Hello JMNY,

I am in the quest of a good, reliable , trustwothy , and responsible mechanic , too. I am willing to go wherever it takes to have a good mechanic. The one that
I have is not knowledgable enough about the maintenance of the VX. Iam not a mechanic savvy , so I don't really know if he is doing the right work. That is when the support of the VX family comes handy. I have asked some questions in the forum ,and people here are really good at helping.
If anybody knows a good mechanic in NeW Jersey or even New York area just let me know.
Good to know JMNY that everything is going well with your VX.
By the way,, How about a spring meet sounds? ...but this thime for sure haha

Have a great day!

So I have few things on my VX want bucket list and I had a trusted mechanic already to take my VX a couple of months ago and do the work. Well he had some stuff he needed to take care of and never had the time to work on my VX.

I have a set of 4 Ranchos all ready to be installed. I bought a OEM timing belt from Merlin. I wanted to change all the fluids to synthetic. (Oil already done). SBC brackets for my window. I even bought all of the LED lights that a fellow member (thanks Vendetta) generously offered to help me with and Hurricane Sandy took care of that!

My VX is running great and has no issues. Thank goodness! This are all items i have so I can keep my own records and make my VX close to perfect! They are all sitting in boxes waiting to be installed.

I know this site is great for tips advice pictures and great info n general. But I have never really worked on any cars and i am really careful with the VX.

Maybe someone here in NJ or NY area knows someone that has worked on their VX and can recommend them to me? As spring approaches I am hoping that i can get some of these things done. We even had a meet and wrench and i had some great offers from members to lend a hand on some of these things and do some things last year. I appreciate that as well.

If you know someone please email me or send me a private message. Thanks!

Ebony1433
03/08/2013, 09:08 AM
For what it's worth, Ben's Auto in North Brunswick has taken care of most of my VX's maintenance since I bought it new in 2002.
He's installed Tone's trailer hitch, Tone's mod for side marker lights, changed all the fluids to Royal Purple, as well as the usual oil changes, tire rotations, AC charge, etc....
Also have entrusted him to the girlfriend's Ford Escape, and now her Subaru Forester...as I won't take any of our cars to a dealership, except to fix a recall.
I've been take our cars to him since I moved there in 1997, and he's proved to be honest and reasonable.
His phone is 732-297-9800, and tell him you have the same truck as Brian O'Connor.....I think you'll be happy with the work done.

JMNY
03/08/2013, 03:02 PM
Thanks. I appreciate it. I will give him a call.

JMNY
03/08/2013, 03:05 PM
I may eat there but i wont trust anyone there with my VX:(

But i found it.
1184 Cozzens Ln, New Brunswick
(732) 297-9700

Left a meesage

Marlin
03/09/2013, 05:09 AM
I really really think you need to tackle some of these yourself.
Shocks. Very Very easy. It is simply 2 bolts per shock. There is nothing to that, and the feeling of satisfaction and confidence you will gain are worth a million bucks. Just pop the tire off, (truck on jack stand of course) remove bottom bolt, watch your fingers just in case the shock still has some umph left in it. Pop out the top bolt. Reverse for install. It really is that easy. There is plenty of room and doesn't require any fancy tools. Jack stands (like 30 bucks a pair at HF) Pick up a craftsman tool set for around 100 bucks at Sears, you can do most everything with that. I would get the metric wrench roll set from HF as well. They are cheap wrenches, but it has everything from 6mm to 28 or 30mm in it, and if you break one, they replace for free. :)
Electrical stuff like lights are even easier as I believe the lights from Vendetta are plug and play. The shop manual PDF here on the site will tell you how to access your tail lights, all the other lights are literally one screw or two.
I know it can seem daunting to get started, but at least try. You will save money and most important of all, you will learn!

blacksambo
03/09/2013, 10:31 PM
If you want to come to Albany, NY area we have Frankie Viva. He has every Isuzu Vehicross Training Certificate they issued. He also can handle any Lamobo, Ferrari or Porsche that's come down the pike. He's at Auto Haus in Burnt Hills, NY.