PDA

View Full Version : Cracked Radiator

johnnyapollo
03/11/2013, 06:46 PM
Checking the oil this past weekend and noticed about a 3 inch crack across the top of the radiator. See some seepage dried along the edge but not really losing much fluid at all. Funny thing is that I haven't even smelled any of the fluid or seen any spots. Guess I'm buying a new radiator. Anyone else experience this?

-- John

JoFotoz
03/11/2013, 07:30 PM
JB weld...??

Guess I'm buying a new radiator. -- John

....:smack:

Jo

Jonnie
03/11/2013, 08:07 PM
Same thing for me some months ago. I stashed an OEM radiator about 10 years ago, lol, so I was all set.

tom4bren
03/12/2013, 05:33 AM
Johnny,

I have my old radiator. It has some cosmetic damage from contact with the fan but wasn't leaking. Your's if you want it.

Tom

Jonnie
03/31/2013, 09:05 AM
John, what did end up doing? Hope it was a simple fix!

johnnyapollo
04/03/2013, 03:20 AM
Ended up replacing the radiator. I shopped around a bit and then decided to try the $67 radiator from eBay - pleasantly surprised. Been running on it since Sunday without any issues. Here's the blog post on the replacement.

http://vehicross.blogspot.com/2013/04/swapping-rotted-radiator.html

As an aside - the old radiator was practically rotted through and very brittle - I show in my blog what happened when I applied light pressure to press out the fan shroud retaining nut - a large piece broke out. Keep an eye on your OEM radiator if you're still running with the original.

-- John