PDA

View Full Version : Just Once (for cladding)?

bssage
03/12/2013, 07:46 AM
Is anyone familiar with this product http://www.justonce.com/ ?

I am fixing to get a bottle. The lineX dude said he uses it and it last 6 to 8 months.

VX KAT
03/12/2013, 09:33 AM
Looks pretty promising. I'd like to see if it stays a matte finish.

****BUT WATCH OUT FOR THE SHIPPING CHARGES****

I just tried to order the small bottle for $7.95,
then selected from the various shipping options shown, I selected $6.20, so total $14.15.

I entered shipping address, etc, then it takes you to PayPal…AND IT ADDS ANOTHER $7.00 FOR "SHIPPING". I tried it twice and it did it again, and no way to revise or delete it. And my "Shipping" amount was $6.20, not $7.00.

I wrote Customer Service for any answer, but I have a feeling it's going to suddenly be called a "handling" fee. SHEESH!!

tom4bren
03/12/2013, 11:32 AM
How come they call it 'Just Once' if you have to re-apply it 2-3 times per year?

JAMAS
03/12/2013, 12:28 PM
How come they call it 'Just Once' if you have to re-apply it 2-3 times per year?

ha!....

Just Once...every 4 months

VX KAT
03/12/2013, 01:21 PM
Well, their Customer Service is looking up I wrote them about the $7 charge and just got an email from the prez

They're updating and changing their website and this was some kind of snag should have it all revised/redesigned by next week.

AND is sending me an 8 oz bottle for my inconvenience So, I'll get to try this after all. I'mhoping it really is a matte finish and may be a good idea for the hood insert, and the Line-X'd insert too maybe.

I'll report back..with pics..HAHAHA like I could NOT do either...:laugho: :rollo: (although the Line-X will have to wait until I get it)

Triathlete
03/12/2013, 05:39 PM
True "just once" = paint/bed liner :)
Kat, why on earth would you want to put this stuff (or any others of its type) on a linex'd anything? A non permanent solution on top of a permanent solution?

Ldub
03/12/2013, 07:17 PM
ha!....

Just Once...every 4 months

They should just call the stuff...SEX...:laughing:

JoFotoz
03/12/2013, 07:29 PM
Yes & no Billy IMO!

True "just once" = paint/bed liner :)
Kat, why on earth would you want to put this stuff (or any others of its type) on a linex'd anything? A non permanent solution on top of a permanent solution?

Take a look at Tom's line-x'd hood insert ( on my insert for sale thread)...

...he has kept his Line-x looking like NEW...with occasional Back to Black.

It can oxidize , hence I went for the UV protection option..but will use B to B if needed.

Seems good to me :thumbup:

Jo

JoFotoz
03/12/2013, 07:33 PM
LMAO....

They should just call the stuff...SEX...:laughing:

...wait till yer married :eek:

:dan_ban:

Jo

blacksambo
03/12/2013, 09:10 PM
Let's let KAT give it try, and reserve judgement until she reports back. It just might work...nothing else seems to. Here's to hoping.

VX KAT
03/12/2013, 09:34 PM
Let's let KAT give it try, and reserve judgement until she reports back. It just might work...nothing else seems to. Here's to hoping.

I'd have to disagree with your last part Sambo. ShowRoom New dye HAS WORKED for me, and it's permanent, and looks the same now as the day I applied it 25 months ago. Have never applied anything to it (no B2B, no ICE, no Armor-All, no nothin'!)

I may try this new stuff on an extra PIECE of cladding I have, but not on my actual cladding, I love it just the way it is! Plus I'm really thinking it may be good for the back cargo area of Dave's FJ. I MAY try it on a very small area of my Line-X'd hood insert, after I test it as much as I can.

JoFotoz
03/12/2013, 09:50 PM
Heya Kat...

I MAY try it on a very small area of my Line-X'd hood insert, after I test it as much as I can.

I'll try and remember to get Line-X guy to spray a sample piece of something for you...
...when he does the three inserts.

Then you can test it on that, rather than the actual insert.

:thumbup:

Jo

tom4bren
03/13/2013, 05:05 AM
I have an extra piece of left front fender cladding (same piece that KAT has for testing purposes). Lemme know if anyone wants it for testing out any finish restorers.

This piece is 'newish'. It was only on my VX for about 18 months so the finish is still pretty good on it.