PDA

View Full Version : Diff Drop Axle Brackets

Joe Darlington
04/04/2013, 05:58 PM
If anyone is interested in getting a set of Diff drop axle brackets and new x-member before Moab Zu, I have enough material/cores to do about 6 sets. I could have them completed and ready to ship by next Friday/Monday. Price is as follows

$199 for the brackets
$100 for the new x-member
$50 Core Charge
Shipping is $30 to the US, for International S&H varies

PM me if interested

Joe D

SilverBullet75
04/04/2013, 07:11 PM
I vouch for Joe's work. Top Notch!
I can send pics of his diff drop and crossmember on my VX for those that want to see.

EDIT: SEE PICS IN POSTS BELOW :)

JoFotoz
04/04/2013, 07:31 PM
I'd be interested to see the crossmember...

I can send pics of his diff drop and crossmember on my VX for those that want to see.

I just modified a Calmini one for the ORW...
...its OK, but I'm interested to see how Joe does it.

Thanks

jo

Joe Darlington
04/04/2013, 07:38 PM
I can do it one of two ways, Modify an OEM x-member for those who have done skidplates that mount to it or build a new Calmini style one with the drop under the x-member where the diff is. Dont happen to have any pics handy right now, 'puter problems...

JoFotoz
04/04/2013, 07:44 PM
Thanks Joe...

I had both the OEM and the Calmini available.
Seemed to me that the Calmini was easier to mod...
....and stronger .

Plus I like the flat surface of the Calmini for a future skid plate mount.

Cheers

jo

Joe Darlington
04/04/2013, 07:50 PM
Yes it is easier to build a new one or mod the Calmini one...

Lucian08
04/05/2013, 10:43 AM
With at least 1 picture and 1 more review from a loving owner I would be interested. I do not have skid plates so I'd be in the 'calmini style' camp. My axles still get upset from time to time because of the lift I put on last spring and this would definitely be worth the money.

SilverBullet75
04/05/2013, 05:03 PM
Let me know if you need any other angles

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/image32.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=23555)http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/image31.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=23554)

JoFotoz
04/05/2013, 05:46 PM
Thanks..thats BEEFY!

SilverBullet75
04/05/2013, 10:34 PM
I knew I had a before and after pic somewhere!
Found it!
BTW... they are 2 Inch drops.
I've been riding with horizontal CV Axles for over a year now with no issues!
Love them!

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/thumbs/0421.JPG (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=23561)

BigSwede
04/06/2013, 11:22 AM
Hey Joe, maybe you should deliver in person!

Marlin
04/06/2013, 07:31 PM
I have Joe's drops and cross members on both trucks, never had a problem, never broke a CV joint since the upgrade, and both of my Zus are locked in the front. Only con I can see to the 2" diff drop is it changes the angle of the front drive shaft to front diff. I have a torn prop shaft boot, but its been torn for a few years, no problems. The Trooper (non tod) uses a universal joint vice the stupid CV joint. I would rather change a prop shaft than a CV joint any day, plus the prop shaft can be found on any TOD model trooper/SLX, where as our CV joints seem to be "special".

SilverBullet75
04/06/2013, 08:05 PM
Now that you mention it, mine also has a ripped propeller shaft boot.

VXorado
04/06/2013, 10:41 PM
Me too. :(

I'm dropping the front diff in a couple weeks to install an ARB locker and will look into redrilling the bracket to position the diff upward and correct the driveshaft angle.

JoFotoz
04/06/2013, 11:00 PM
DUDE!!!!

Me too. :(

I'm dropping the front diff in a couple weeks to install an ARB locker and will look into redrilling the bracket to position the diff upward and correct the driveshaft angle.

Diff work THAT close to Moab.... :_brickwal

:smack::eek::smack:

jo

VXorado
04/07/2013, 12:28 AM
DUDE!!!!

Diff work THAT close to Moab.... :_brickwal

:smack::eek::smack:

jo

I hear ya Jo.

I would be embarrassed to tell the project list I need to finish within the next 34 days. Procrastination will be my undoing. :slap:

Marlin
04/07/2013, 05:18 AM
Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow? I am a huge fan of productive procrastination. I needed to finish that fuel pump floor cutout, but instead I rotated the tires,started packing for Uwharrie, went and bought a gun...I did get the plate mounted yesterday:(

BigSwede
04/07/2013, 09:30 AM
I hear ya Jo.

I would be embarrassed to tell the project list I need to finish within the next 34 days. Procrastination will be my undoing. :slap:

I lost the last two days because of a back muscle spasm I suffered while sitting still in my office chair on Friday. :rolly2:

Feeling better today though, hope to get out there and get an axle seal replaced and the rear axle back together.

JoFotoz
04/07/2013, 09:55 AM
Yup...I hear ya!

My pre Moab list isnt getting shorter...

...its growing.

:_mecker:

Jo

Maddawg
04/28/2013, 05:29 PM
I'm thinking I'd like to do a diff drop to regain clearance with my bump stop. Not sure how to measure my front lift. Think its close to 3". Measurement from centerline of front axle to bottom of front fender clad is 22".

So correct me if my thinking is wrong but, doing a two inch diff drop would raise my front end an equal amount?

Then I lower my torsion bars to get back to my present height and regain my bump stop orginal (or close to) clearance?

Triathlete
04/28/2013, 05:54 PM
Diff drop will do nothing for ride height. Your vx will still sit the same height. What they so is lower the "pumpkin" which causes your cv shafts to be straighter with your current lift.

Maddawg
05/03/2013, 07:57 PM
Diff drop will do nothing for ride height. Your vx will still sit the same height. What they so is lower the "pumpkin" which causes your cv shafts to be straighter with your current lift.

Ok, thanks! Guess I won't bother with that then. Primary issue was the bump stop lack of clearance.