PDA

View Full Version : Be Jealous. Be very Jealous...

eblank
04/10/2013, 07:37 PM
Because I get to test THESE!

http://www.oshkoshdefense.com/foleyadmin/image/uNzcQKwXPLDMPBw1bUbcwjn1F

I just got a job at Oshkosh Defense in Wi in test and development for the JLTV. I know there's been talk on here before about them, so thought you all might be interested. They're set to be the replacement for the Humvee for the army and marines, and are AWESOME. I'm going to be working in Oshkosh, and traveling to Maryland and Yuma AZ where the military tests them. I'm pretty excited!
http://www.oshkoshdefense.com/products/27/jltv

Triathlete
04/10/2013, 07:45 PM
Bring one out to Moab for "testing"!!! :D

Y33TREKker
04/10/2013, 07:47 PM
Eh, it's kind of a wash. You get to test and develop JLTV's, but you have to do it in WI.

j/k :p

Congrats on the new gig either way. :thumbup: :_beer:

eblank
04/10/2013, 08:23 PM
Thanks! but wait... This coming from an IL resident? funny thing is (im in IL for school) when I told people today they said "the important thing is that its NOT in Illinois!" lol. Wasn't my first location choice but its an awesome job and I'm from there anyways. And I am excited to be back to the land of water/hills/slightly less corn.../good beer/good cheese/state thats not controlled by chicago ;Do;;Do;;Do;

SomeoneElse
04/10/2013, 10:52 PM
Nice! I wonder if it's any better than the M-ATV's (which kicked serious ***) we had in Afghanistan. Be Warned though, Yuma straight up sucks. DO however listen to soldier feedback if they get their hands on 'em. Congrats, Osh-Kosh Defense is a pretty solid company from what I understand on the "End User" level

Y33TREKker
04/11/2013, 09:03 AM
Thanks! but wait... This coming from an IL resident? funny thing is (im in IL for school) when I told people today they said "the important thing is that its NOT in Illinois!" lol.
IIRC, aren't you in school at Bradley in Peoria? I've spent some time in Peoria, so if that's where it was that the people were saying that about IL, it's easy to understand why they'd be saying it.

I just live here (IL)...I didn't say I liked it...and I liked it even less when it was living in Peoria. :bgwo:

eblank
04/11/2013, 10:00 AM
Yep in in p-town. Fair enough, Peoria is kindof an armpit. My wife is from Congerville and its beautiful there, still alot of corn, but better. :yesy:

Leon R
04/11/2013, 10:26 AM
Very nice! I can't wait to see more on these trucks!

tom4bren
04/12/2013, 05:29 AM
...and traveling to Maryland and Yuma AZ where the military tests them.

I'm jealous. The rig you get to work on is lots more sexier than the one we work on: http://niitek.com/

Whenever you get to visit APG, make sure you stop in at the little shop that dropped the 5.3L in the VX (it's already gone I think, but the guys are interesting to talk to & always have a lot of other projects going on).

Whenever you get to visit YPG, fly into San Diego. The drive over the mountains is incredible. Make sure you bring an XM radio though or a bunch of CDs. You won't be listening to any radio for 2 hours:). I've never made the drive over from Phoenix so I can't talk to that one.