PDA

View Full Version : Front LSD

bartmanS4
04/11/2013, 12:12 PM
I was reading back on some old posts and ran across where BigMeat had put in a LSD in the front. He took it out of an Impulse. Is this something that could/should be done with a Trooper rear LSD? I don't really want to go the route of a locker, at least not yet and I still have access to free Trooper parts. What do you think?

Triathlete
04/11/2013, 02:35 PM
Trooper rears are either dana44 or 12 bolt depending on year so the will not work with our 10 bolt front end.
Personally, in the front I would much rather have a locker for the predictability of knowing you are either locked or your not.

VXorado
04/11/2013, 03:14 PM
The 10-bolt limited slip is hard to find. I believe the Impulse RS is the only model with the limited slip in it's rear 10 bolt IRS axle. After I met Bigmeat in 2010, I really thought limited slip was a cheap alternative to the front locker but eventually gave up on it for the real deal... which arrived today. :dance:

bartmanS4
04/11/2013, 05:06 PM
Cool, thanks for the info!

which arrived today. :dance:

Jon, need an extra part of hands this weekend?

VXorado
04/11/2013, 10:20 PM
Cool, thanks for the info!

Jon, need an extra part of hands this weekend?

For sure Scott. I'm planning on getting a lot of work done Friday/Saturday... and I have plenty of projects to keep us busy.

Let me know if you want to stop by either of those days. For a little help, i'll provide unlimited brews. :_beer:

I'd also like to see the blue VX twin. :thumbup: