PDA

View Full Version : 13 years of rattling and sqeaking...still can't find out where it's from

Baldwin
04/20/2013, 12:50 PM
From day one, the one thing that I've never been able to resolve...and Isuzu has always refused to try to fix...is a rattling/squeaking noise coming from the rear somewhere. Sounds like it's coming from the passenger side rear quarter panel. Maybe the rear door latch? But it's hard to discover that when I'm the one always driving and having people crawl around the back on a semi bumpy road opening up the panels and spare tire cover. It's been 13 years and it hasn't really gotten that much worse over the years...but it's definitely still noticable. I put in a nice sound system about 7 years ago so usually that covers the sound, but recently, i just wanted some peace and quiet...no radio...just me, my VX and the rattle/squeak from days of old. Any ideas?

bartmanS4
04/20/2013, 05:39 PM
I had a really hard to find squeak/chirp that I finally tracked down to a bolt for the luggage strap down. The bolt was too long and occasionally made contact with the top of the fuel tank.

ABDragonVX
04/21/2013, 12:05 PM
When I started installing my rear speakers I noticed that the screws holding the metal panel to the body (the metal piece that the speaker sits in) were just a little loose, after tightening them up and doing some highway driving they loosened off again and started squeaking and rattling. My solution, little bit of lock tight and dynamat back there. But it seems like everyone has a different squek or rattle, goodluck and keep us filled in.

KRemo
04/21/2013, 01:18 PM
mine ended up being the rear seat. I just adjusted the stops and it quit.

SinJin
04/21/2013, 03:42 PM
Mine seems to be the same as Baldwin. I haven't looked into it yet though. I did pull out the factory jack and its various parts but that's not the problem. I'm thinking it's the back door or its latch or maybe even body flex around that door.

Baldwin
04/21/2013, 08:38 PM
I'm thinkin' it's like SinJin's problem. No rear seat so that's not it. I took it out. New speakers installed and tightened down...still a noise. nothing moving in spare tire space. :P

LittleBeast
04/21/2013, 08:42 PM
One of my annoying squeaks was the black plastic cover between the ceiling and the back door. Just a bunch of clips hold that up to the ceiling and it can come loose and squeak and rattle.

hxdiaz
04/26/2013, 12:22 AM
Have you tried tightening the 4 screws around the rear door latch? All 4 were loose on mine at one time. Too much bass stereo, I suspect. Or just old age.

evillecutter
04/26/2013, 08:49 AM
my rear seat belts were smacking the plastic on the sides and making a noise it took me a few weeks to finally realize what it was - and i get a squeek in the back too i think its something to do with the spare tire cover but i just got a louder exhaust to fix that

and ive had quite a few extremely loud car stereos in my day - heavy bass tears the crap out of a car - maybe im jsut getting old but i would never do that again - you can have a really great sounding stereo in your vehicle without all that junk anyways

tom4bren
04/26/2013, 10:08 AM
Here's what my rattling ended up being:

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/IMG00161.jpg

bartmanS4
04/26/2013, 10:11 AM
Tom just can't pass up an opportunity to show off his nuts! :bgwb:

tom4bren
04/26/2013, 11:25 AM
SSHHH!!!

Wifey doesn't know:)