PDA

View Full Version : Wanna sell my VX but maybe clutch slipping?

mcaramb
06/14/2013, 06:54 AM
I'm finally about to sell my lovely 2001 VX and wanna make sure I've got all the kinks worked out of it before I bestow it's joy on someone else.

I Finally got ALL my engine issues resolved (see all the threads on here about when I replaced the engine) and it runs unbeliveably well now. Basically like a brand new engine.

The only issue I've still got (and I had this before the new engine), is that it feels like the clutch is slipping or something like that. It's nowhere near the point where the car is undriveable, but I've noticed that it seems to rev a little high before it starts to move. It gets a little better after it warms up, but it's still there, and gear shifting, although not rough or jerky, seems a bit late. Seems to be slow to move in reverse as well if its sat up for a while.

Also, I've noticed when trying to climb over small obstacles (such as a concrete parking lot stop bar) i'll pull the front wheels up to it, but it'll just rev but not move over it at all. Putting it into 4WD mode does the trick, and it clambors right over, but in TOD it'll just sit and rev like the wheels are locked. I don't do much offroad so I don't know if this normal?

I've only ever changed the oil and transmission fluid. Should I check anything else? The TOD fluid, etc? Is this just a low fluid symptom?

Any ideas would be helpful

Thanks
-Mike

Triathlete
06/14/2013, 12:11 PM
Did you check your trans. fluid level? Be sure to check it properly (the manual procedure has been posted here many many times).

Scott Larson
06/14/2013, 09:30 PM
What Billy said X2...Engine idling and trans in park at 95 to 135 degrees trans temp, (You can check it with a temp gun, a scan gauge or a thermometer taped to the trans pan) sitting on level ground. Pull the upper trans pan plug located on the passenger side of the main trans pan and fluid should just start to seep out. No flow, add fluid. If fluid poors out, too full, let it expel the excess. While you're at it, look at the fluid it does expel to see that it is transparent pink in color and does not smell like burnt toast, seriously...