PDA

View Full Version : tx temp tag law changed...

frakkin toaster
07/08/2013, 11:29 PM
went by the dmv today to get a temp tag for one of my project cars. after filling out the request sheet, the clerk told me that the laws in tx had changed and that i was only allowed 3 temp tags on the same vehicle.

she said after the third time i would have to get the car transferred or bonded. gonna try to do some more research on it, but i thought i'd give you guys a heads-up.

Leon R
07/09/2013, 06:57 PM
Isn't that too bad... ONLY 3 times? :)

We get ZERO in Mass :(. We have to pay 6.25% sales tax + all the title/registration fees!

Beavertractors
07/09/2013, 09:36 PM
I am having the temp plate DMV hell.....I have a 60 day Temp from Vermont.You only get one..I paid the fees gave them my NY title, also brought VX up there(700 mile round trip) to verify Vin #...Temp runs out in 2 weeks.All this for vanity plates :confused:.TonyB

frakkin toaster
07/09/2013, 11:46 PM
the problem is that you buy a "project car" that will not pass inspection or emissions. the car runs & drives fine, thus you can take it to different shops to get it up to par i.e. exhaust, trans, tires/wheels, etc.

if you are on a budget and need time to save money, plan your build, order parts, wait for them to come in, assy, so forth. or wait on a paint & body shop that has 3-4 cars ahead of you...then it becomes a problem