PDA

View Full Version : Battery in VX dead while in storage, alarm system reset?

CowboyErik
08/03/2013, 04:25 AM
Had my VX in garage while on vacation for a week, looks like battery went totally dead, never happened before, new experiance; bought replacement, as soon as I hook it up, alarm just screams, it was nite time so I spared my neighbors the noise; do I reset this by hooking up battery wtih key in prestart position, play with the remote when I hook batt back up or do I have to program something; I have the security system PDF, didn't look clear what to do, No rush, not dealing with this til Sunday, all else is well! THX!

Mile High VX
08/03/2013, 06:58 AM
Go to Downloads...then to Manuals...the alarm manual is there.

Should find the answer to your question.

CowboyErik
08/03/2013, 08:16 PM
got the alarm manual, it talks about things like putting it in valet mode and such, doesn't really say what to do if a can has been sitting dead for a while and horns are going nuts; I think it does say to turn alarm off to insert key and put in the prestart position and back again; not really a trouble shoting guide; I downloaded it back in 2007, since then the link on here is dead; I have the PDF, not sure how to host it for other people but if anyone needs it LMK will email it

CowboyErik
08/03/2013, 08:17 PM
gonna put the key in and put it in prestart position and plug in battery, see what happends; was reading something bezare on here about keys with chip ID's in them or something like that, made it sound rare/bezare; hope I got nothing like that

etlsport
08/04/2013, 04:33 AM
Do you have a remote for it? If so you should just be able to hit the unlock button after connecting the battery.

If not try getting in the car and turning the key from off to acc 5 times very quickly after connecting the battery. I would be careful about reconnecting the battery with the key in the ignition. You're more likely to have a surge and damage electronics if the key is in while connecting

etlsport
08/04/2013, 04:39 AM
You can also pull the horn fuse before connecting the battery. The flashing lights will still let you know the alarm is going off, but the neighbors will be happier.

CowboyErik
08/04/2013, 12:58 PM
going out to try this now; just getting going after a long day in Canton at the Hall of Fame day activites; battery is in place, will try the obvious, the remote to deactivate first; it's just so noisy! I wondered about trying to start it with the key in and turned to the prestart position, with a new hot battery, could be alot of juice! don't wanna fry anything!

CowboyErik
08/04/2013, 05:29 PM
just using the remote worked fine; didn't work on the first few trys, maybe on the 4th try, like the system didn't recognize my remote at first, then it did, pretty quick, 20 seconds; tied it all down and drove around this afternoon, all operations normal

JAMAS
08/05/2013, 06:54 AM
just using the remote worked fine; didn't work on the first few trys, maybe on the 4th try, like the system didn't recognize my remote at first, then it did, pretty quick, 20 seconds; tied it all down and drove around this afternoon, all operations normal

Was that you at the Meijer pharmacy drive thru? I was about to post in the "sightings" thread, but you mentioned here that you were out and about yesterday.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/2013-08-04_17_33_59.jpg (http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=24048)

CowboyErik
08/09/2013, 07:29 PM
YES! that was me! drove it a few days; trying to make sure I got a good new replacement battery; back home, washed, covered and indoors! I was sitting so high in the drive thru I had serious trouble reaching down to the drawer where you give them money and get your drugs!

CowboyErik
08/09/2013, 07:30 PM
Where you in your VX? I always keep an eye out!

JAMAS
08/12/2013, 07:33 AM
Where you in your VX? I always keep an eye out!

No. I was a passenger in my Sister's Tahoe. I am sure I just looked like a "groupy" when I was taking a snapshot.