PDA

View Full Version : Oil presure guage

Apostle
11/10/2003, 05:14 PM
want to install an OPG, possibly on the column, more then likely someplace lower, anyhoo, question is: i mod'd a OPG on my bike, was kinda easy, just changed a bolt in the head and ran line up to gauge. what is needed to add a OPG on the VX?

Cyrk
11/10/2003, 06:05 PM
I have the Oil Press Regulator an Air/Fuel, Boost & VAC, Water Temp and Voltmeter, Autometer Carbon Fiber Gages

We used a oil tap that screws in and has sending units off it.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/39autometer.jpg

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/515/39gages.jpg

-Dave

Apostle
11/10/2003, 06:23 PM
ok, screwed into what?

and do you have part numbers?

VXMAN
11/11/2003, 05:57 AM
Dave, how did you get the water temp gauge to work? I have the same carbon gauge, but haven't had the nerve to tap into the engine yet! I would appreicate any help.
Thanks Dave,

Dave...

Oh Apostle, I also have an oil gauge. I just removed the top plug in the collar that the filter screws into, and relocated the stock oil sensor into the top hole. Then I tap the stock hole just a little to get the Autometer sensor to fit. The Autometer sensor is to big to fit into the top hole in the collar, so that's why I relocated the stock oil sensor. It's very easy to do and only take about 20 minutes.

Cyrk
11/11/2003, 06:09 AM
The volt and and water are not hooked up yet... this week it is going back to finish install on them and some other goodies... will let you know as soon as she comes back.

-Dave

WormGod
11/11/2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by VXMAN
Dave, how did you get the water temp gauge to work? I have the same carbon gauge, but haven't had the nerve to tap into the engine yet! I would appreicate any help.

Oh Apostle, I also have an oil gauge. I just removed the top plug in the collar that the filter screws into, and relocated the stock oil sensor into the top hole. Then I tap the stock hole just a little to get the Autometer sensor to fit. The Autometer sensor is to big to fit into the top hole in the collar, so that's why I relocated the stock oil sensor. It's very easy to do and only take about 20 minutes.

This is the very reason why I paid $75 to have it all done by a mechanic, heh. ;) Saves me the time and trouble, and also insures me that if it goes bad, I call them up.

Apostle
11/11/2003, 02:41 PM
yeah, i dont have any taps so, looks like its going to a mechanic :)