PDA

View Full Version : Rancho shocks problem?

David Wiltshire
11/06/2013, 01:30 AM
Are the rear shocks designed to fit upside down, it would appear that the bushes are the wrong way around the guy installing them is going to change the bushes around.

tom4bren
11/06/2013, 05:59 AM
Not as far as I know. I put on OME shocks that replaced OEM in front and Rancho's in the rear. If I remember correctly the Rancho's were right side up.

Marlin
11/06/2013, 06:54 AM
Yes, they are right side up, only difference front to rear is the direction the adjusting knob faces. Front shocks face rearward, the rear shocks face forward.

I had no problems in the VX or the RS.

David Wiltshire
11/06/2013, 07:02 AM
Thanks everyone as far as I can tell the bushes were inserted the wrong way round from the factory

tom4bren
11/06/2013, 10:57 AM
The OME shocks came without the bushings installed. I don't know if Rancho does the same. A couple of mine were a PITA to press in by hand ... but doable. So if your bushings need to be swapped top to bottom, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

magikmike
11/08/2013, 02:44 PM
mine came like that too... I just pushed the bushings out use various washers/sockets... and a bench vice... re-installed them the correct way... just slows you down. You can send them back to rancho, but there may be a chance you get a new set with the same issue. I read NUMEROUS threads on a bunch of different forums as far as mounting them upside down, it was a 50/50 split pretty much, so i just decided to swap them myself.