PDA

View Full Version : scared meself!!!

Pages : [1] 2

tom4bren
11/12/2013, 09:02 AM
Smoke coming from right front wheel on drive in to work this morning.

Some dummy (me) didn't put the oil cap back on when I topped it off this morning before leaving for work.

I now have a nice coating of 'rust preventing' oil on everything under the hood (including the underside of the hood).

:_brickwal

VX KAT
11/12/2013, 09:09 AM
Do ya keep any clean undies at work? :slap:

VX KAT
11/12/2013, 09:10 AM
Does that make it redneck rustproofing?

tom4bren
11/12/2013, 09:19 AM
Do ya keep any clean undies at work? :slap:

NN ... Commando

tom4bren
11/12/2013, 09:21 AM

Absoloootly ... & lasts longer than the McDonald's French Fry grease I usta use.

Y33TREKker
11/12/2013, 09:21 AM
Been there. Not a good feeling once you know it's happened given the possible oil consumption problems of some VX's.

When it happened to me, it made me wonder just how much crankcase pressure would have to be present to actually expel oil out of that orifice, and is why I've since opted for a breather filter as opposed to the stock PCV setup.

tom4bren
11/12/2013, 09:34 AM
When it happened to me, it made me wonder just how much crankcase pressure would have to be present to actually expel oil out of that orifice, and is why I've since opted for a breather filter as opposed to the stock PCV setup.

Thot the same thing. But then I decided that the oil isn't being sprayed out as much as is it is being splashed out. One of the lifters is right below the fill hole.

Whenever I switch from PCV to an oil catch can on the VX, I think I'll add a crossover tube between the 2 valve covers though. I still think it's stoopid to only relieve pressure from one side.

nocturnalVX
11/12/2013, 10:06 AM

Absoloootly ... & lasts longer than the McDonald's French Fry grease I usta use.

Now why didn't I think of these handy dandy rustproofing techniques? Oil + power sprayer = protection from Chi-town Winters!

Cobrajet
11/12/2013, 10:42 AM
Now why didn't I think of these handy dandy rustproofing techniques? Oil + power sprayer = protection from Chi-town Winters!

And if you loosen a few oil pan and tranny pan bolts you can also rustproof the undercarriage. My Cobra...she don't rust! :)

Y33TREKker
11/12/2013, 10:49 AM
Whenever I switch from PCV to an oil catch can on the VX, I think I'll add a crossover tube between the 2 valve covers though. I still think it's stoopid to only relieve pressure from one side.\
Just my opinion, but I think you're entering into over-engineering territory with that one by considering pressure to be the same as flow. As long as pressure has any point of escape, it will be evenly distributed throughout the entire system of passages.

tom4bren
11/12/2013, 11:10 AM
\
Just my opinion, but I think you're entering into over-engineering territory with that one by considering pressure to be the same as flow. As long as pressure has any point of escape, it will be evenly distributed throughout the entire system of passages.

Mebbe ... mebbe

What is the current mechanism for pressure leveling between the two valve covers though ... through the block? Don't think so. The PCV is designed to relieve pressure that is accidentally placed on the valve covers by the block. Valve covers aren't designed to manage pressure, they are usually just light stamped steel.

A crossover tube may be overkill but with our oil consumption problems, it's an easy solution that may have large benefits. I'm just proposing that I'll be the guinea pig to try it out. The trial will just be to get an aftermarket oil fill cap, drill a hole through it, run a hose from there over to the catch can, drive it for a month or 2 to see if it helps ... easy peezy!

I'm already running an oil catch can on the Amigo & cut the oil consumption in half. Next I'll try the crossover tube to see what that does. Replacement engines just don't seem to be the bestest solution to our oil consumption problem ... there's gotta be a better fix.

Y33TREKker
11/12/2013, 12:13 PM
Mebbe ... mebbe

What is the current mechanism for pressure leveling between the two valve covers though ... through the block? Don't think so. The PCV is designed to relieve pressure that is accidentally placed on the valve covers by the block.
And do you not think there was any contradiction in what you just said? Besides, PCV DOES stand for Positive Crankcase Ventilation.

But since you brought it up, by what mechanism are YOU then suggesting that any crankcase pressure gets up to the valve covers? Are you suggesting that there is only a passage/tube that goes from the crankcase up to the drivers' side head/valve cover to get to the stock PCV valve? If so, what good would such a crossover tube to the passenger side valve cover do then, since in your scenario, there would then be no excess crankcase pressure there to equalize anyway?

A crossover tube may be overkill but with our oil consumption problems, it's an easy solution that may have large benefits. I'm just proposing that I'll be the guinea pig to try it out. The trial will just be to get an aftermarket oil fill cap, drill a hole through it, run a hose from there over to the catch can, drive it for a month or 2 to see if it helps ... easy peezy!

I'm already running an oil catch can on the Amigo & cut the oil consumption in half. Next I'll try the crossover tube to see what that does. Replacement engines just don't seem to be the bestest solution to our oil consumption problem ... there's gotta be a better fix.
Like I said, I was just offering my opinion. Knock yourself out.

tom4bren
11/12/2013, 12:52 PM
And do you not think there was any contradiction in what you just said? Besides, PCV DOES stand for Positive Crankcase Ventilation.

But since you brought it up, by what mechanism are YOU then suggesting that any crankcase pressure gets up to the valve covers? Are you suggesting that there is only a passage/tube that goes from the crankcase up to the drivers' side head/valve cover to get to the stock PCV valve? If so, what good would such a crossover tube to the passenger side valve cover do then, since in your scenario, there would then be no excess crankcase pressure there to equalize anyway?

Nope ... I did not contradict meself (that would be counter productive to my current record of never being wrong). The PCV valve is there to prevent PCV, which is why many laymen actually mistakenly refer to the little plastic thinggy on your left hand valve cover as the Pressure Control Valve (PCV). The bottom line is that you should NOT have pressure inside of your valve covers - they just can't handle it. Valve covers have a direct line to your oil pan so any pressure is bled off by ... oil leaks - at the valve covers, or the oil pan, I've even seen it shoot out of the dipstick tube.

Where does that pressure come from you ask? Blow by from the valves (probably blow by from the rings too but that's food for a different discussion).

The only way that the right valve cover pressure can be relieved through the PCV is for the vapors to flow through the oil pan & back up the other side to the left valve cover to exit through the PCV. That's just asking for more vapor borne oil to get burned off through the combustion chamber & IIRC, that's what we're trying to avoid.

It sounds like we aren't going to ever reach the point of agreeing to agree so until I try out my cross over idea, lets just agree to disagree. It's gonna be SCHWWEEEETT to prove you wrong though.:)

MSHardeman
11/12/2013, 03:01 PM
Replacement engines just don't seem to be the bestest solution to our oil consumption problem ... there's gotta be a better fix.

What are you talkin' about Tom. The brand new Eye-suzu engine that I put in mine hasn't burned a drop of oil for over a year now. I still check it religiously, but to date those extra little holes that they drilled in the pistons seem to be doing their job.

Scott Larson
11/12/2013, 03:49 PM
Oh boy, here we go again...Not to start a major debate or anything but, the PCV does indeed provide positive crankcase ventilation, hence the name! Equalization of pressure is conveniently provided by the oil drainback passages in the heads and block, there are no internal valves to retain pressure in either. The oil "spluge" described coming from the dipstick tube or the PCV or the oil cap is from worn piston rings 99.999% of the time. (I did see once where a piston had been holed by too hot of plugs but how often does that happen? The oil spit out of an open oil filler neck is as Tom suspected, merely spash, not pressurized oil. Worn valves won't pressurize the crankcase as they do not have an open passage to the crankcase. They will cause a loss of compression and backfiring through the intake manifold if it is the intake valves that are worn. Worn valve seals can leak oil into the combustion chambers to be burned off during operation but even they will not pressurize the crankcase. As far as the returning oil flow being somehow pressured into blowing back through the return passages, highly unlikely as the oil return passages are far more voluminous then the pressure passages. Could it happen? Only if the return passages were so sludged-up and restricted as to cause a positive-pressure environment within the return-oil system. If that's the case, the owner of said auto has far greater things to be concerend about, namely, no oil gettin' to nothin'...

tom4bren
11/12/2013, 04:00 PM
What are you talkin' about Tom. The brand new Eye-suzu engine that I put in mine hasn't burned a drop of oil for over a year now. I still check it religiously, but to date those extra little holes that they drilled in the pistons seem to be doing their job.

Good for ye. But I'm talkin about a $2 fix to keep from needing a new engine.

tom4bren
11/12/2013, 04:01 PM
Oh boy, here we go again...Not to start a major debate or anything but, the PCV does indeed provide positive crankcase ventilation, hence the name! Equalization of pressure is conveniently provided by the oil drainback passages in the heads and block, there are no internal valves to retain pressure in either. The oil "spluge" described coming from the dipstick tube or the PCV or the oil cap is from worn piston rings 99.999% of the time. (I did see once where a piston had been holed by too hot of plugs but how often does that happen? The oil spit out of an open oil filler neck is as Tom suspected, merely spash, not pressurized oil. Worn valves won't pressurize the crankcase as they do not have an open passage to the crankcase. They will cause a loss of compression and backfiring through the intake manifold if it is the intake valves that are worn. Worn valve seals can leak oil into the combustion chambers to be burned off during operation but even they will not pressurize the crankcase. As far as the returning oil flow being somehow pressured into blowing back through the return passages, highly unlikely as the oil return passages are far more voluminous then the pressure passages. Could it happen? Only if the return passages were so sludged-up and restricted as to cause a positive-pressure environment within the return-oil system. If that's the case, the owner of said auto has far greater things to be concerend about, namely, no oil gettin' to nothin'...

Good points ... but I think I'm on to sumpn here. Quit pee'ing on my charcoal.

Scott Larson
11/12/2013, 04:31 PM
Best-o-luck to ya Tom, as long as ya keep oil in yer sumpn'! Please do keep us posted as to yer findings! Oh, and just calls me "Smoky Da Bear"...although I ain't from Chiicaagoo or nuttin' like dat dere...Go Bears!! :_beer:

Y33TREKker
11/13/2013, 12:57 PM
Nope ... I did not contradict meself (that would be counter productive to my current record of never being wrong). The PCV valve is there to prevent PCV,
Heh, you just made another contradiction. The PCV is there to PROMOTE positive crankcase ventilation. :P

which is why many laymen actually mistakenly refer to the little plastic thinggy on your left hand valve cover as the Pressure Control Valve (PCV).
Mebbe, but no one HERE mistakenly referred to it as a Pressure Control Valve.

The bottom line is that you should NOT have pressure inside of your valve covers - they just can't handle it. Valve covers have a direct line to your oil pan
You see, you just contradicted yourself AGAIN with regards to what you said in your earlier post.

What is the current mechanism for pressure leveling between the two valve covers though ... through the block? Don't think so.
What was your mechanism of delivery by the way? I didn't see an answer to that question.

so any pressure is bled off by ... oil leaks - at the valve covers, or the oil pan, I've even seen it shoot out of the dipstick tube.
Which is what Positive Crankcase Ventilation systems were created to address in the first place. Excess pressure wasn't MEANT to be bled off by oil leaks at the various engine gaskets (oil pan, valve cover, or dipstick tube), that's just where it ended up being bled off sometimes because the gaskets and/or dipstick had been blown out by the excess crankcase pressure.

Where does that pressure come from you ask? Blow by from the valves (probably blow by from the rings too but that's food for a different discussion).
Yeah...I didn't ask, because I already understood that the pressure in question DOES come from blowby past the rings and not the valves (intake and exhaust) as you just suggested.

The only way that the right valve cover pressure can be relieved through the PCV is for the vapors to flow through the oil pan & back up the other side to the left valve cover to exit through the PCV. That's just asking for more vapor borne oil to get burned off through the combustion chamber & IIRC, that's what we're trying to avoid.
Again though, we're talking about vapors that are going to be pressurized equally throughout the entire system of passages (in the engine block and heads) in the PCV system. You're equating that principle with basic flow and it's just not the same.

It sounds like we aren't going to ever reach the point of agreeing to agree so until I try out my cross over idea, lets just agree to disagree. It's gonna be SCHWWEEEETT to prove you wrong though.:)
Hey, I'd be the first to agree that we aren't going to agree about how a PCV system works based on your apparent current understanding of such a system...any more than I'd agree with anyone at the moment who might tell me that once you determine your crossover idea isn't in fact necessary, you'll be back on here SCHWWEEEETTLY admitting that you were wrong. :p

Y33TREKker
11/13/2013, 01:02 PM
...The oil spit out of an open oil filler neck is as Tom suspected, merely splash, not pressurized oil...
In my own defense, I didn't say pressurized oil, but I meant, and SHOULD have said, "oil vapor".

tom4bren
11/13/2013, 01:23 PM
OK trekkie. Yer right about the source of the pressure not coming from blow by on the valves. I just pulled that one out my arse on the spur of the moment and later regretted it (but not enough to go back & edit the post). It's probably a combination of blow by on the rings and simple heat expansion of the air in the oil system.

Yer also right in how I used the acronym PCV. The V part does in fact ruin the point I was trying to make.

Yes, the fact that I'm admitting that you were right is paramount admitting that I was wrong.

I won't hesitate however to post my results (positive or negative) whenever I get around to putting on a crossover pipe. If for no other reason than to prove you wrong:). Negative results are almost as beneficial as positive results as long as you learn from them. My first attempt at reducing oil consumption did not cure the problem but it certainly helped (& shouldn't have by your logic).

Question: If a crossover pipe on the valve covers will be of no benefit in your opinion, how do you feel about crossover pipes on a dual exhaust?

Y33TREKker
11/13/2013, 03:19 PM
OK trekkie. Yer right about the source of the pressure not coming from blow by on the valves. I just pulled that one out my arse on the spur of the moment and later regretted it (but not enough to go back & edit the post). It's probably a combination of blow by on the rings and simple heat expansion of the air in the oil system.

Yer also right in how I used the acronym PCV. The V part does in fact ruin the point I was trying to make.

Yes, the fact that I'm admitting that you were right is paramount admitting that I was wrong.
Just remember that it's only been you who has been making it so much a matter of who is "right". I was simply trying to save you some unnecessary effort based on your idea about how the kind of system you're wanting to modify actually works.

And seriously, trekkie? Again? You do realize how you make yourself look when you do stuff like that don't you?

I won't hesitate however to post my results (positive or negative) whenever I get around to putting on a crossover pipe. If for no other reason than to prove you wrong:). Negative results are almost as beneficial as positive results as long as you learn from them.
That you're automatically assuming that your results will prove me wrong regardless of what they are says a lot about your probable methodology and interpretation of your own results. ;)

My first attempt at reducing oil consumption did not cure the problem but it certainly helped (& shouldn't have by your logic).
Seeing as how I don't know what your first attempt even was, I can't respond to your comment about what logic you're even referring to or whether you proved it wrong.

Question: If a crossover pipe on the valve covers will be of no benefit in your opinion, how do you feel about crossover pipes on a dual exhaust?
First of all, you're assuming that the two situations are the same and they're not. Crossover pipes in exhausts are meant to equalize pressures from both sides of an engine that are positive all the time with no source of vacuum to relieve that pressure. That kind of crossover pipe is just used to try to further equalize the BACKpressure in a dual exhaust system.

But the fact of the matter is that a PCV system on an engine ALREADY has a crossover pipe of sorts that's achieved with the oil drainback passages in the heads and block that Scott referred to earlier, making a crossover tube from valve cover to valve cover redundant (which is pretty much all I've been saying).

Scott Larson
11/13/2013, 08:55 PM
In my own defense, I didn't say pressurized oil, but I meant, and SHOULD have said, "oil vapor".

Duly noted Trek. It's really not even "oil vapor" as much as it is simply mechanically splashed oil being flung out of the open filler neck. The only thing nobody can argue is that it makes one hell of a mess...:_mecker: Rustproofing, yea that's it!

PK
11/14/2013, 02:04 AM
Hmmmm - working on my 6VD1 engined 3.2L VX today, I noticed what might be another difference.
(Or it could just be that you guys need to look at your own engines a bit better).

Standing at the front of the vehicle, looking at the engine, the PCV valve is in the right hand side rocker cover, and after the PCV valve the hose connects to the intake manifold just after the throttle body.
Now look to the left hand side rocker cover. At the same place as the PCV valve is on the right, another hose comes out of the rocker cover, but without a PCV valve. That hose connects to the intake air pipe, just in front of the throttle body.
Is that LHS hose the type of cross over you had in mind Tom??

Remember, my 6VD1 engine does not burn oil to the point of needing to be topped up between oil changes - it drops about 1/3 of a quart in 3000 miles.

Comments appreciated.

PK

Scott Larson
11/14/2013, 07:38 AM
That's called a positive ventilation hose and is a mystery to me in that it dumps into the intake before the throttle body allowing unfilterd and most likely oil-misted air to dirty-up the throttle body. Just one more thing about these engines that confounds me as to what the boys at Isuzu were thinking...:_brickwal As to providing a pressure balance between the valve covers, it would not.

Y33TREKker
11/14/2013, 11:55 AM
Duly noted Trek. It's really not even "oil vapor" as much as it is simply mechanically splashed oil being flung out of the open filler neck. The only thing nobody can argue is that it makes one hell of a mess...:_mecker: Rustproofing, yea that's it!
Oil being flung sure isn't the only thing it's looked like even when I've ever just had my engine running with the oil filler cap off, and that's not even considering the possible air currents that would be occurring under the hood while driving, but I'm not going to get into an argument about it when I've seen it for myself.

Scott Larson
11/14/2013, 09:12 PM
Nor would I consider arguing the point Trek. As you have seen the results first hand, you don't need an explanation. For those not as well versed, when looking down the oil filler neck on the passenger side valve cover, you will notice the cam gear assembly directly below that opening. Now imagine that assembly, rotating at speed, bathed in a constant oil flow, flinging the oil out an open filler neck cuz someone left the cap off...yup, it makes a helluva mess! I've never done it, but in these hurried times, I completely understand how it happens.
:slap:

Y33TREKker
11/14/2013, 11:01 PM
Nor would I consider arguing the point Trek. As you have seen the results first hand, you don't need an explanation. For those not as well versed, when looking down the oil filler neck on the passenger side valve cover, you will notice the cam gear assembly directly below that opening. Now imagine that assembly, rotating at speed, bathed in a constant oil flow, flinging the oil out an open filler neck cuz someone left the cap off...yup, it makes a helluva mess! I've never done it, but in these hurried times, I completely understand how it happens.
Yes, the results I've personally seen first hand as it was happening was more akin to pressurized oil vapors, and not oil being slung. Oil being slung obviously seems to be the only thing you've imagined, and yes, I can imagine that too, but that's not what I've been saying.

Why Isuzu didn't see fit to include a baffle plate under the filler hole in that valve cover to aid in condensate collection and drainback like I've seen on other valve covers is a mystery, but the fact remains that they didn't on the VX. Maybe the engineers at Isuzu were just giving people more benefit of the doubt at the time though since everything was so much more slower paced that far back at the turn of the millennium. ;)

tom4bren
11/15/2013, 07:41 AM
Just remember that it's only been you who has been making it so much a matter of who is "right". I was simply trying to save you some unnecessary effort based on your idea about how the kind of system you're wanting to modify actually works.

Mucho appreciado ... but I've already wasted more time on this discussion than it'll take me to add a temporary line to try it out ... so it's worth a shot.

And seriously, trekkie? Again? You do realize how you make yourself look when you do stuff like that don't you?

My abject apologies. I honestly didn't consider the fact that you'd view an honorific of your online monicker as a denigration. I suppose I need to apologize to wormgod for calling him wormy, crotchrocket for calling him pocketrocket, yellowgizmo for calling him giz, cobrajet for calling him double G, & mostly to referring to Jo as the Whore Jockey.

Gentlemen: My apologies. Sincerely, T4B.

BTW Mr Trek, the first two sentences are sincere, only the last part is dripping with sarcasm.

That you're automatically assuming that your results will prove me wrong regardless of what they are says a lot about your probable methodology and interpretation of your own results. ;)

Nah. That's not what I was saying at all. Proving you wrong is IRT the comment that I would be too chicken to post that I was wrong.

Seeing as how I don't know what your first attempt even was, I can't respond to your comment about what logic you're even referring to or whether you proved it wrong.

I'm sorry. I thought for sure you had read this thread: http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=24634&highlight=interesting.

First of all, you're assuming that the two situations are the same and they're not. Crossover pipes in exhausts are meant to equalize pressures from both sides of an engine that are positive all the time with no source of vacuum to relieve that pressure. That kind of crossover pipe is just used to try to further equalize the BACKpressure in a dual exhaust system.

Nope. I wasn't assuming anything at all. The exhaust is an open system & the crank case is a closed system. There are similarities involved though. Primarily the fact that most people feel that crossover pipes on a dual exhaust system are a waste of time & effort. All I know is that the one time I added them to my rig ... it made a HUGE difference. That's where the analogy ends.

But the fact of the matter is that a PCV system on an engine ALREADY has a crossover pipe of sorts that's achieved with the oil drainback passages in the heads and block that Scott referred to earlier, making a crossover tube from valve cover to valve cover redundant (which is pretty much all I've been saying).

& all I'm saying is that your reliance on the drain back ports being adequate to handle both the returning oil and flow of air/oil mix from the right to the left valve cover may or may not be grounded. The older the engine is, the more blow by from the rings there is so there will be more flow of the air/oil mix that needs to be accounted for. Whilst the single PCV was adequate on a new engine, it may not be now.

Look at it this way: Assume that the oil pump is pumping 1 gallon per minute at highway speeds (probably overly conservative). Further assume that there are 12 1/4 in holes in each head for oil return (Guess on my part because I have no idea how many returns there are or how large). That means that the oil returns need to pass 232 cubic inches of oil per minute through a total area of less than 1.5 square inch. That doesn't leave much room for the airflow does it?

:whiteflag:

tom4bren
11/15/2013, 07:46 AM
Maybe the engineers at Isuzu were just giving people more benefit of the doubt at the time though since everything was so much more slower paced that far back at the turn of the millennium. ;)

Rekin I proved them wrong, didn't I?

nfpgasmask
11/15/2013, 09:22 AM
LOL, I did this once too. Pulled into my garage with smoke billowing out from under the hood. Man did I feel stupid,and yes, total mess.

Bart

JoFotoz
11/15/2013, 10:00 AM
LMAO!!!

I do rather like "Whore Jockey".....:thumbup:

Seems to me that the affable bastardization of an on line nom de plume..

...is somewhat de rigueur .

:dan_ban: :_steering :dan_ban:

"WJ"

tom4bren
11/15/2013, 10:41 AM
Need that on a T-shirt for Moab 2014.

JoFotoz
11/15/2013, 11:25 AM
Now youre talking...

Need that on a T-shirt for Moab 2014.

...that is a definite maybe !!

:clap:

"WJ"

Y33TREKker
11/15/2013, 03:43 PM
by tom4bren - Mucho appreciado ... but I've already wasted more time on this discussion than it'll take me to add a temporary line to try it out ... so it's worth a shot.
Never mind the fact that it was because of you that the time was wasted right?

by tom4bren - My abject apologies. I honestly didn't consider the fact that you'd view an honorific of your online monicker as a denigration. I suppose I need to apologize to wormgod for calling him wormy, crotchrocket for calling him pocketrocket, yellowgizmo for calling him giz, cobrajet for calling him double G, & mostly to referring to Jo as the Whore Jockey.

Gentlemen: My apologies. Sincerely, T4B.

BTW Mr Trek, the first two sentences are sincere, only the last part is dripping with sarcasm.
All I can do is consider the source based on past comments such as these. (And just as I've done, I'll leave it to you to decide how much sarcasm that may or may not have actually been dripping with.)

by tom4bren - Nah. That's not what I was saying at all. Proving you wrong is IRT the comment that I would be too chicken to post that I was wrong.
Who said anything about you not admitting to being wrong because you were chicken? I was simply referring to all the times you've denied being wrong simply because you don't think you're capable of being wrong. So yeah, your IRT was to something I wasn't saying in the first place.

by tom4bren - I'm sorry. I thought for sure you had read this thread: http://www.vehicross.info/forums/sho...ht=interesting.
Well NOW I have. Maybe you thought I'd read it because in it you'd referenced something I'd said in another thread? (about being sure to cap the PCV port on the intake if replacing the PCV with a breather filter)

Now that I have read your other thread though, I have to admit it now makes even less sense that in that one you seemed to have had a decent understanding of how a PCV system works and why it started being put on engines in the first place...only to then apparently brain fart your understanding of what a PCV system does in THIS thread. Surely you can see how things like that (*) might give a guy the impression that some here are disagreeing just because of who they're disagreeing with?

by tom4bren - Nope. I wasn't assuming anything at all. The exhaust is an open system & the crank case is a closed system. There are similarities involved though. Primarily the fact that most people feel that crossover pipes on a dual exhaust system are a waste of time & effort. All I know is that the one time I added them to my rig ... it made a HUGE difference. That's where the analogy ends.
Just remember though, it was you who compared the two types of systems in the first place in an effort to relate it to your crossover tube theory. And I couldn't help but notice you neglected to mention the part about the vacuum being present in one and not the other.

But back to your comparison. Based on your response, it seems your only REAL goal then was to set a trap to see if I'd say that a crossover pipe on a dual exhaust system was a waste of time and effort...even though that still would have done nothing to validate your valve cover crossover tube theory? Another one of those things (*) perhaps?

by tom4bren - & all I'm saying is that your reliance on the drain back ports being adequate to handle both the returning oil and flow of air/oil mix from the right to the left valve cover may or may not be grounded. The older the engine is, the more blow by from the rings there is so there will be more flow of the air/oil mix that needs to be accounted for. Whilst the single PCV was adequate on a new engine, it may not be now.

Look at it this way: Assume that the oil pump is pumping 1 gallon per minute at highway speeds (probably overly conservative). Further assume that there are 12 1/4 in holes in each head for oil return (Guess on my part because I have no idea how many returns there are or how large). That means that the oil returns need to pass 232 cubic inches of oil per minute through a total area of less than 1.5 square inch. That doesn't leave much room for the airflow does it?
But at the time you weren't even acknowledging that there EVEN WERE any such passages in the block/heads that were incorporated into a PCV system...and even after having done so in your other thread.

Aside from that, I don't really see any point in responding to whether I think assumptions based on guesstimations equates to your theory holding water. Suffice to say that any PRESSURE throughout the entire PCV system would be regulated by a PCV valve which was properly selected to open at a predetermined pressure level (which if anything would be lower when an engine is new, meaning that it if would open at the lower pressures expected in a new engine, would just open sooner as an engine aged and those pressures became higher), and that the amount of pressure in question is not likely to require passages of a size to accommodate the kinds of air FLOWS you seem to be imagining.

But again, that's just my opinion...with hardly any sarcasm added here and there whatsoever. :p

So yeah, truce accepted, and please continue to knock yourself out.

Scott Larson
11/15/2013, 05:50 PM
Things that seem to be soooooo obvious to some people, completely escape others! It's just a fact of human nature...;) (Winkie emoticon added cuz it makes all snarky comments precious.):p

Y33TREKker
11/17/2013, 10:22 AM
Things that seem to be soooooo obvious to some people, completely escape others! It's just a fact of human nature...;) (Winkie emoticon added cuz it makes all snarky comments precious.):p
And sometimes, things that are so obvious to some people are overlooked by others when it's convenient for them to do so! It's just a fact of human nature. ;)

tom4bren
11/18/2013, 06:46 AM
Suffice to say that any PRESSURE throughout the entire PCV system would be regulated by a PCV valve which was properly selected to open at a predetermined pressure level (which if anything would be lower when an engine is new, meaning that it if would open at the lower pressures expected in a new engine, would just open sooner as an engine aged and those pressures became higher), and that the amount of pressure in question is not likely to require passages of a size to accommodate the kinds of air FLOWS you seem to be imagining.

True ... but It's the volume, not the pressure that increases as the engine ages. Additionally, as we've been seeing as our engines age, the PCV is getting clogged more frequently which is counter productive to burning off the additional volume.

To me it just seems logical to a) get rid of the valve & associated choke point (which I did with the oil canister) & b) maximize the volumetric capacity for the flow of those gasses to be burned off.

I'll be the first to admit that the chances of this making an appreciable difference is about 50/50. Worse odds didn't stop our forefathers though.

Y33TREKker
11/18/2013, 08:58 AM
True ... but It's the volume, not the pressure that increases as the engine ages. Additionally, as we've been seeing as our engines age, the PCV is getting clogged more frequently which is counter productive to burning off the additional volume.
So...no white flag truce then after all?

And do you realize you've done it again? You seemed to have understood in your other thread that it was the pressure that caused various engine gaskets to be blown out in the early days and was one of the main reasons PCV systems were invented in the first place, yet you're apparently changing your tune again to now try to make it about volume? As I said, surely you can understand how a person might see that as you going out of your way to disagree just because of who you're disagreeing with? Notice how I've phrased that as a question since at times you've seemed to have understood things only to turn around and say something to cause a person to question whether that was ever really the case...

To me it just seems logical to a) get rid of the valve & associated choke point (which I did with the oil canister) & b) maximize the volumetric capacity for the flow of those gasses to be burned off.

I'll be the first to admit that the chances of this making an appreciable difference is about 50/50. Worse odds didn't stop our forefathers though.
Did I ever say it wasn't logical to get rid of a valve that seems to have proven itself inadequate in this particular application? I've replaced mine with a breather filter too after all. But you continuing to change your reasoning whenever it seems to suit you doesn't mean what I've already said hasn't already also addressed the new reasons you've come up with, because as far as your volumetric flow capacity theory goes, if you're engine has gotten to the point that the diameters of the orifices in the stock PCV valve/system are no longer sufficient to bleed off the pressures the engine is creating, it would seem you'd then have a hell of a lot more engine problems that needed addressed than simply modifying your PCV system anyway...don't you think?

As far as having figured the odds of what you're attempting as being 50/50, I'd sure be curious to know how you came up with those figures before you automatically assume they're accurate and start applying them to whatever results you end up getting.

And seriously, we know you've joked around on occasion about thinking you're never wrong about anything (who hasn't right?), but did you seriously just try to align your automotive experiment as being along the same lines as the nation-building experiment of our forefathers...?!?

I'm all for self-confidence don't get me wrong, but gee...high opinion of yourself much? :p

Scott Larson
11/18/2013, 09:11 AM
And sometimes, things that are so obvious to some people are overlooked by others when it's convenient for them to do so! It's just a fact of human nature. ;)

"Escape","overlooked", tomatoes, tomaaaatoes, the one thing that is never overlooked is the fact that you Trekkie are a dickhead...:p ;) (Can't get mad, I added the winkie emoticon!)

LittleBeast
11/18/2013, 09:38 AM
As I said, surely you can understand how a person might see that as you going out of your way to disagree just because of who you're disagreeing with?

Trek, it is really odd to me that YOU are consistently proud to point out the fact that there are many people here who are very glad to disagree with you, yet you always think that this has nothing to do with you. I would suggest possibly asking yourself what it is about your interactions with others that makes them enjoy not agreeing with you. It could very well be that the problem lies within yourself and the way in which you conduct yourself here. None of us are perfect, but realizing that many people in a group may enjoy not agreeing with you might just tell you something about yourself.

tom4bren
11/18/2013, 11:34 AM
So...no white flag truce then after all?

Yup. This is my last post on the subject.:whiteflag:

And do you realize you've done it again? You seemed to have understood in your other thread that it was the pressure that caused various engine gaskets to be blown out in the early days and was one of the main reasons PCV systems were invented in the first place, yet you're apparently changing your tune again to now try to make it about volume?

Nah, PV=nRT so pressure & volume are inter-related on a closed (& semi-closed system). One can not be addressed without the other. Volumetric increase without an escape leads to pressure buildup ... hence the basis for the entire discussion. So far the only thing that I've stated that I was wrong about and reversed direction on was the source of the pressure/volume. It doesn't come from the valves. My apologies to the automotive and engineering communities for a rushed assessment that wasn't thought out.

As I said, surely you can understand how a person might see that as you going out of your way to disagree just because of who you're disagreeing with? Notice how I've phrased that as a question since at times you've seemed to have understood things only to turn around and say something to cause a person to question whether that was ever really the case...

Sorry but that just doesn't sound like me at all. I may be a headstrong/knowitall ... but disagreeable fits me about as well as a leather glove on OJ.

Did I ever say it wasn't logical to get rid of a valve that seems to have proven itself inadequate in this particular application? I've replaced mine with a breather filter too after all. But you continuing to change your reasoning whenever it seems to suit you doesn't mean what I've already said hasn't already also addressed the new reasons you've come up with, because as far as your volumetric flow capacity theory goes, if you're engine has gotten to the point that the diameters of the orifices in the stock PCV valve/system are no longer sufficient to bleed off the pressures the engine is creating, it would seem you'd then have a hell of a lot more engine problems that needed addressed than simply modifying your PCV system anyway...don't you think?

Nope ... I don't think that at all ... & neither do you since you replaced your PCV with a breather.

As far as having figured the odds of what you're attempting as being 50/50, I'd sure be curious to know how you came up with those figures before you automatically assume they're accurate and start applying them to whatever results you end up getting.

50/50 is just a saying to indicate that I have as much probability of being right as I do of being wrong. Since we are talking about a technical area that I have limited experience & knowlege (obviously by the errors I've made), there is no statistical sampling to assign accurate metrics for prognostication.

And seriously, we know you've joked around on occasion about thinking you're never wrong about anything (who hasn't right?), but did you seriously just try to align your automotive experiment as being along the same lines as the nation-building experiment of our forefathers...?!?

Actually I was aligning myself more to the Wright brothers, Thomas Edison, Henry Ford. But thanks, I'll take Washington, Jefferson, Franklin & Adams. It's interesting that they were the first ones you thought of as my forefathers. I had no idea that you held me in such high regard. Based on your posts, I'd have thought you'd consider me closer to Homer Simpson.

I'm all for self-confidence don't get me wrong, but gee...high opinion of yourself much? :p

I'm a helluva guy ... no doubt about it.:)

People who think they know everything are incredibly irritating to those of us who actually do!!!

Jay Dunford
11/18/2013, 12:45 PM
I gots an idea!! We'll get y'all some PVC (pipe) and you can beat each other about the head and shoulders to see who is correct.:bgwb::p

Can't get mad at me either, I put smileys in too.

tom4bren
11/18/2013, 12:58 PM
I gots an idea!! We'll get y'all some PVC (pipe) and you can beat each other about the head and shoulders to see who is correct.:bgwb::p

Now yer just screwin with me. I finally got PCV down pat & now yer throwin an acronym like PVC at me. For shame!!!:)

Scott Larson
11/18/2013, 02:26 PM
Polyvinyl Chloride, Premature Ventricular Contraction, Packed Cell Volume, Positive Crankcase Ventilation...Easy to see how us geniuses could screw them up. Take two aspirins and call me in the morning Tom, although I fear it may take more then that to make our headache go away! :rotate:

tom4bren
11/19/2013, 07:11 AM
ROFL. Yer killin me here Scott.

My mind went totally out to left field with "Premature Ventricular Contraction".

tom4bren
11/19/2013, 07:13 AM
LOL, I did this once too. Pulled into my garage with smoke billowing out from under the hood. Man did I feel stupid,and yes, total mess.

Bart

Glad to find meself in such good company.:)

Now we can share one of these:

MSHardeman
11/19/2013, 08:50 AM
Guess I'll chime in; I've totally done this too. Checked the oil during a fuel stop, topped it off and the closed the hood and took off. A little way down the road smoke, and a nasty smell, started billowing out from under the hood. My heart totally sank and I got a very sick feeling in my stomach (and I needed to change my shorts) because I thought that the engine was toast. Pulled over into a parking lot, popped the hood and saw oil EVERYWHERE in the engine compartment. After a slight panic I realized that the oil cap was off, and luckily still sitting where I had left it (hood must have kept it in place). Topped the oil off again, replaced the cap, and went on my way.

I don't think the engine compartment was completely cleaned until the engine was replaced (not due to oil loss).

Y33TREKker
11/20/2013, 09:55 AM
"Escape","overlooked", tomatoes, tomaaaatoes, the one thing that is never overlooked is the fact that you Trekkie are a dickhead...:p ;) (Can't get mad, I added the winkie emoticon!)
So apparently Scott...in your "escapist" view...even after it's Tom who has illustrated, acknowledged, and admitted that his reasoning was flawed...and even after it's been Tom who has remained defensive about his reasoning being flawed...it's still me who is somehow the dickhead for suggesting that his reasoning was flawed and simply trying to save him some time in the process?

That seems to about sum up your reasoning for calling me a dickhead anyway.

What you constantly and conveniently "overlook" about yourself Scott is how you SO OFTEN involve yourself in discussions that don't even concern you, just because I happen to be one of the people commenting...and end up making comments like the one you just did.

Dickhead indeed. ;)

Y33TREKker
11/20/2013, 10:16 AM
Trek, it is really odd to me that YOU are consistently proud to point out the fact that there are many people here who are very glad to disagree with you, yet you always think that this has nothing to do with you. I would suggest possibly asking yourself what it is about your interactions with others that makes them enjoy not agreeing with you. It could very well be that the problem lies within yourself and the way in which you conduct yourself here. None of us are perfect, but realizing that many people in a group may enjoy not agreeing with you might just tell you something about yourself.
When did I say I was "proud" of that happening? Your word, not mine. What I think is that the responses I occasionally get here are unwarranted, based usually in ignorance, and indicative of how a group can evolve into a mob mentality.

You said it yourself that in those interactions, those "others" you referred to "enjoy" and are "very glad" disagreeing with me, but you never referred to whether those individuals were always correct about what they'd been disagreeing about...just like the illustration Tom has provided in this thread.

I would suggest possibly asking yourself what your usual reaction is when a discussion is taking place where someone else admits that they were wrong about something, but then you're still expected to remain silent as you're then called a dickhead for going out of your way to help clear up someone elses' confusion to try to save them some unnecessary effort. It is really odd to me that you are currently ignoring THAT fact.

Y33TREKker
11/20/2013, 10:34 AM
Nah, PV=nRT so pressure & volume are inter-related on a closed (& semi-closed system). One can not be addressed without the other. Volumetric increase without an escape leads to pressure buildup ... hence the basis for the entire discussion. So far the only thing that I've stated that I was wrong about and reversed direction on was the source of the pressure/volume. It doesn't come from the valves. My apologies to the automotive and engineering communities for a rushed assessment that wasn't thought out.
And now you're changing your story again. You started out basing your theory on a "closed" system, similar to an exhaust system. Remember? All I can say is you have a very convenient way of trying to prove yourself "right" all the time.

As I said, surely you can understand how a person might see that as you going out of your way to disagree just because of who you're disagreeing with? Notice how I've phrased that as a question since at times you've seemed to have understood things only to turn around and say something to cause a person to question whether that was ever really the case...

Sorry but that just doesn't sound like me at all. I may be a headstrong/knowitall ... but disagreeable fits me about as well as a leather glove on OJ.
OK, so YOU can't see it. Doesn't mean others can't though. (And by the way, just being "disagreeable" wasn't what I was talking about anyway).

Nope ... I don't think that at all ... & neither do you since you replaced your PCV with a breather.
You've not only misunderstood why I opted for a breather filter, but you've just contradicted yourself once more in this thread.

50/50 is just a saying to indicate that I have as much probability of being right as I do of being wrong. Since we are talking about a technical area that I have limited experience & knowlege (obviously by the errors I've made), there is no statistical sampling to assign accurate metrics for prognostication.
Except for the fact that the theory you've been basing your project on was flawed from the beginning.

Actually I was aligning myself more to the Wright brothers, Thomas Edison, Henry Ford. But thanks, I'll take Washington, Jefferson, Franklin & Adams. It's interesting that they were the first ones you thought of as my forefathers. I had no idea that you held me in such high regard. Based on your posts, I'd have thought you'd consider me closer to Homer Simpson.
Your words, not mine, which seems to be about par for the course around here since it's usually been others here who have thrown around those kinds of juvenile insults and derogatory comments rather than me.

I'm all for self-confidence don't get me wrong, but gee...high opinion of yourself much?

I'm a helluva guy ... no doubt about it. People who think they know everything are incredibly irritating to those of us who actually do!!!
And there you have it. ;)

Y33TREKker
11/20/2013, 10:41 AM

Take two aspirins and call me in the morning Tom, although I fear it may take more then that to make our headache go away! :rotate:
Just two more examples for all those who would continue to imply that it's my attitude that creates an unfriendly atmosphere.

tom4bren
11/20/2013, 10:55 AM
I've already put up the white flag so I'll conclude with:

I have no response to that.

You win the yellow shoelace contest.:)

Scott Larson
11/20/2013, 11:31 AM
Awe...Pissing match over?? Shucks, and it's been sooo much fun...I'll miss the little feller! :waab:

LittleBeast
11/20/2013, 11:32 AM
Just two more examples for all those who would continue to imply that it's my attitude that creates an unfriendly atmosphere.

It is your attitude that creates an unfriendly atmosphere, most people here can see it, it is obvious that you will never admit it thought. Here is some free advice: stop spending so much time and effort on proving yourself right in a thread that had nothing to do with you in the first place.

There is a reason you are the most blocked/ignored person on this site. Your history of beating a dead horse just so you can feel like you are "right" or "justified" or "have the last word" is laughable. Get over yourself and all your quoting other people to prove them wrong.

dietz99vcross
11/21/2013, 06:17 PM
Is there a way to block comments from a specific poster!?!

JoFotoz
11/21/2013, 06:36 PM
Yup...

Is there a way to block comments from a specific poster!?!

Just click on my name :eek:..or anyone you want to ignore... :cool:

...then on the menu that pops up click "Public Profile"

Under posters name on profile is a blue "band"...in the middle is ADD POSTER TO YOUR IGNORE LIST

Click that...and "Abracadabra"..they are gone :thumbup:

Jo

Mile High VX
11/21/2013, 06:45 PM
But keep in mind that if someone quotes them in a post it will show up IIRC...:bwgy::bgwb::bgwo::smilewink

Scott Larson
11/21/2013, 08:44 PM
Ooohhh nooooooo...and just when you thought it was safe to go back on the forum! The theme song from Jaws plays in the background...:freek: :disturbed

tom4bren
11/22/2013, 07:32 AM
Glad to find meself in such good company.:)

Now we can share one of these:

Guess I'll chime in; I've totally done this too.

:):)Mebbe we should start a poll:):)

It appears that according to the logical progression of this thread - if you ever forget to put your oil cap back on ... you are indeed a washington-franklin-adams-jeffersonian.

Y33TREKker
11/22/2013, 10:32 AM
Awe...Pissing match over?? Shucks, and it's been sooo much fun...I'll miss the little feller! :waab:
As I said, juvenile.

Y33TREKker
11/22/2013, 10:58 AM
It is your attitude that creates an unfriendly atmosphere, most people here can see it, it is obvious that you will never admit it thought. Here is some free advice: stop spending so much time and effort on proving yourself right in a thread that had nothing to do with you in the first place.
Yes, nothing to do with ME. But I've already said that myself. All I was initially doing was trying to help Tom see how his initially voiced understanding of a PCV system would make his project unnecessary. This thread only became about me when Tom started trying to make it about me to change the subject from him trying to prove himself right when he wasn't. He even admitted that himself.

There is a reason you are the most blocked/ignored person on this site. Your history of beating a dead horse just so you can feel like you are "right" or "justified" or "have the last word" is laughable. Get over yourself and all your quoting other people to prove them wrong.
Do you really not see the irony of how often you've quoted me to try to prove me wrong though?

All I'll say is that at least I'm apparently blocked/ignored because of the misunderstandings and hypocrisy of others. That's how the "attitude" against me all got started on this message board in the first place after all, but since you were a part of that incident/thread too, it's obvious that you will never admit to that...even though there are many members here who have told me they saw that about you during that initial incident.

For you to again ignore facts like those and imply that I'm the person with the attitude is what is laughable. You should try getting over yourself and stop trying to prove yourself right all the time where it concerns me, especially since all I've tried to do on multiple occasions is try to help some of you see how it's your attitudes that have sometimes created an unfriendly atmosphere on this website...as you're once again doing....which seems to be part of a history you never plan to admit to.

Y33TREKker
11/22/2013, 10:58 AM
I've already put up the white flag so I'll conclude with:

I have no response to that.
We've obviously heard that before though, and yet here we are again.

Y33TREKker
11/22/2013, 11:00 AM
It appears that according to the logical progression of this thread - if you ever forget to put your oil cap back on ... you are indeed a washington-franklin-adams-jeffersonian.
You wish. ;)

Y33TREKker
11/22/2013, 11:03 AM
But keep in mind that if someone quotes them in a post it will show up IIRC...:bwgy::bgwb::bgwo::smilewink

Ooohhh nooooooo...and just when you thought it was safe to go back on the forum! The theme song from Jaws plays in the background...:freek: :disturbed
Gee, that sure makes it appear as if some want to have things both ways. :bwgy::bgwb::bgwo::smilewink

Scott Larson
11/22/2013, 01:18 PM
Wow, a five-post diatribe this time! It's quite obvious that you've moved on "TREKKIE"...:badhorse: Oops, almost forgot...;) :p 'cuz they're just so darn precious!

tom4bren
11/22/2013, 03:41 PM
This thread only became about me when Tom started trying to make it about me to change the subject from him trying to prove himself right when he wasn't.

AFAIK the only thing I posted that was an attack on your person was calling you ... that bad name you don't like. That was an accident borne of ignorance & I apologized for it.

All I ever did was to continue the conversation on a technical basis to see if there was any more to learn from your responses ... despite the effort of weeding through your false accusations of contradiction.

I have no interest in getting into a battle of wits with you. Please don't go back through the thread and quote me out of context to attempt to prove your point.

Yes, I know I've waived the white flag twice now so please try to honor that by just letting it go (a flag of truce is bi-directional after all). Any further unfounded attacks on my character will be wasted effort on your part since I won't be reading this thread anymore.

Scott Larson
11/22/2013, 05:35 PM
Tom, you should know by now that you cannot have a battle of wits with an unarmed person! ;) :p...Oh hell, now I just can't help myself, they're both just sooo damn precious!

Ldub
11/22/2013, 06:28 PM
We've obviously heard that before though, and yet here we are again.

twist...spin..."I know you are, what am I"...all the classic hallmarks of a trekeeto thread...SWEET!!!...:dance:

OMFG...this thread has been the best entertainment EVER...and all this time, I thought it was just me...:mbrasd:

Carry on...I can always use another laff or two...:argue:...:slap:...:bla:...:_iamwiths... :waag:...:_confused...:laughing:...:laughing:... :laughing:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff42/pokemonruler2/Smileys/Popcorn.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/pokemonruler2/media/Smileys/Popcorn.gif.html)...http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff40/maskedstranger2007/icon_popcorn.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/maskedstranger2007/media/icon_popcorn.gif.html)...http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff42/pokemonruler2/Smileys/Popcorn.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/pokemonruler2/media/Smileys/Popcorn.gif.html)

Scott Larson
11/22/2013, 06:45 PM
Glad to oblige you brother dub...:_beer:

Ldub
11/22/2013, 06:47 PM
Dickhead indeed...:yesgray:

And there you have it.

As I said, juvenile.

You wish.

I mean...just freak'n WOW...:_thinking.:laughing:

Scott Larson
11/22/2013, 06:50 PM
Does kinda sum up the whole mental-tality doesn't it? :rotate:

JoFotoz
11/23/2013, 12:30 AM
Hi trekker...Whore jockey here.... !

There's been more than a few times that I've been told....STFU Jo..!
...and rightly so :thumbup:

And I think I've figured out that when some of the people you are 'discussing' stuff with...
.... tell you yer WAY out of line..
...its usually a good idea to sit back and take a good look at YOUR position.
Perhaps...maybe...its YOU..............maybe youre the one that is out of line.

Not necessarily ...but certainly a good time to sit back and take stock.

~~~~~

BUT..when most/ and ( very tellingly) some new to commenting ( not the usual suspects!) of the community...
.... tell you the very same thing....

......it might just be time to get a clue.

~~

The inter-web is very impersonal ...and that can be a problem.
Intonation, expression, and tone is lost..unless you know the poster personally.

(Most posting on this thread DO know each other personally...but you dont.)

I've said that about the web before, and allowed for that with you before.

But.... when the consensus of opinion is telling you, you are wrong...

..... it might behoove you to consider it , and think about it.

I know I have in the past.....

.....hope my experience/bit of insight... is of help to you.

Jo

Y33TREKker
11/23/2013, 10:33 AM
Rather than reply to all of you individually...who I might add are once again illustrating that mob mentality I mentioned earlier...I'll just use Toms' responses to once again illustrate how it's some of you usual suspects who are ONCE AGAIN conveniently directing your "attitude" against the wrong person.

AFAIK the only thing I posted that was an attack on your person was calling you ... that bad name you don't like. That was an accident borne of ignorance & I apologized for it.

All I ever did was to continue the conversation on a technical basis to see if there was any more to learn from your responses ... despite the effort of weeding through your false accusations of contradiction.
An accident borne of ignorance with nothing else to it huh? Well I'll simply have to take that as your word Tom.

"AFAIK" was at least a good start anyway. You lost it again after that though. As Far As You Knew, you weren't contradicting yourself with what you were saying about the PCV system, even though it was obvious to others that you were. Or do you not remember that Scott corrected you too? But even then, you STILL persisted in your contradictions, and in the process, with your personal jabs against me (and me alone I might ALSO add)...even though you just said that "all you did was continue the conversation on a technical basis". Guess we'll just add that one to the list of contradictions you've apparently never exhibited as far as you know.

Something you've without a doubt illustrated though is a habit of apologizing while simultaneously insulting. Is that really how you think a truce is achieved?

I have no interest in getting into a battle of wits with you. Please don't go back through the thread and quote me out of context to attempt to prove your point.
Out of context? You mean in the same way you've done with some of my comments in this thread? I've said it before, it's called projection. Look it up.

Yes, I know I've waived the white flag twice now so please try to honor that by just letting it go (a flag of truce is bi-directional after all). Any further unfounded attacks on my character will be wasted effort on your part since I won't be reading this thread anymore.
Now the picture has become even more clear. Apparently, if you're involved, it's only an "honorable" truce in your view if you have the last word...which also always happens to include one last unfounded parting shot against MY character.

I must say that's a very convenient sense of honor you've concocted for yourself Tom.

It seems the solution is clear at this point though. Since Tom doesn't plan to listen to anything more I have to say in this thread, and since there are so many of you siding with him, it's obvious that all of you who are now ALSO taking unfounded personal shots at my character should all simply redirect your efforts towards providing input for Tom's crossover tube project.

He obviously thinks he's on to something with his theory, and since so many of you have apparently been agreeing with it since hardly any of you have even mentioned it in any of your posts, you obviously agree with it so that would obviously be a more productive avenue for your efforts.

After all, I've said all along I've only been trying to help Tom regarding his project, and surely that's all that the rest of you could say regarding YOUR comments in this thread too. Surely none of you would have reason to disagree with me about that...would you?

JoFotoz
11/23/2013, 01:48 PM
I guess I cant fathom why....

...that given you keep finding yourself embroiled in similar fracas on this site,
that you dont sit back and take a good look at why the consensus of opinion....
(mob mentality as you so colorfully put it!)

.... is telling you, that youre the one that is out of line.

:_thinking

Jo

Ldub
11/24/2013, 06:58 AM
Rather than reply to all of you individually...who I might add are once again illustrating that mob mentality I mentioned earlier...I'll just use Toms' responses to once again illustrate how it's some of you usual suspects who are ONCE AGAIN conveniently directing your "attitude" against the wrong person.

An accident borne of ignorance with nothing else to it huh? Well I'll simply have to take that as your word Tom.

"AFAIK" was at least a good start anyway. You lost it again after that though. As Far As You Knew, you weren't contradicting yourself with what you were saying about the PCV system, even though it was obvious to others that you were. Or do you not remember that Scott corrected you too? But even then, you STILL persisted in your contradictions, and in the process, with your personal jabs against me (and me alone I might ALSO add)...even though you just said that "all you did was continue the conversation on a technical basis". Guess we'll just add that one to the list of contradictions you've apparently never exhibited as far as you know.

Something you've without a doubt illustrated though is a habit of apologizing while simultaneously insulting. Is that really how you think a truce is achieved?

Out of context? You mean in the same way you've done with some of my comments in this thread? I've said it before, it's called projection. Look it up.

Now the picture has become even more clear. Apparently, if you're involved, it's only an "honorable" truce in your view if you have the last word...which also always happens to include one last unfounded parting shot against MY character.

I must say that's a very convenient sense of honor you've concocted for yourself Tom.

It seems the solution is clear at this point though. Since Tom doesn't plan to listen to anything more I have to say in this thread, and since there are so many of you siding with him, it's obvious that all of you who are now ALSO taking unfounded personal shots at my character should all simply redirect your efforts towards providing input for Tom's crossover tube project.

He obviously thinks he's on to something with his theory, and since so many of you have apparently been agreeing with it since hardly any of you have even mentioned it in any of your posts, you obviously agree with it so that would obviously be a more productive avenue for your efforts.

After all, I've said all along I've only been trying to help Tom regarding his project, and surely that's all that the rest of you could say regarding YOUR comments in this thread too. Surely none of you would have reason to disagree with me about that...would you?

all that is simply your opinion (http://laughorgtfo.com/an-illustrative-guide-on-what-to-do-with-your-opinion-7783/)...enjoy...:laughing:

Scott Harness
11/24/2013, 08:33 AM
WOW! excellent thread...almost missed it.I didn't know leaving your oil cap off was so emotional:bgwb: I'll have to try it.(actually did once,but didn't drive to far,so no mess)

Y33TREKker
11/24/2013, 09:46 AM
Just another observation, but I couldn't help notice the irony about those comments suggesting I'm the person who needs to pause to reflect on my attitude, because they're all coming from the VERY SAME people who were exhibiting the EXACT SAME attitude in the thread from SO LONG AGO where all this animosity actually started......making it obvious that none of you blaming me have ever apparently even considered, let alone taken any time to pause and reflect...on the possibility that it might be YOUR attitudes that create an unfriendly atmosphere here.

Seems a PCV (Particularly Conveniently View) that some of you to have adopted. ;)

Just because a lot of individuals will join in on what a mob is doing doesn't make what it's doing a good thing.

JoFotoz
11/24/2013, 11:05 AM
Trekker, do you actually READ whats written????

In Part I wrote:-

Hi trekker...Whore jockey here.... !

There's been more than a few times that I've been told....STFU Jo..!
...and rightly so :thumbup:

And I think I've figured out that when some of the people you are 'discussing' stuff with...
.... tell you yer WAY out of line..
...its usually a good idea to sit back and take a good look at YOUR position.
Perhaps...maybe...its YOU..............maybe youre the one that is out of line.

Not necessarily ...but certainly a good time to sit back and take stock.

But.... when the consensus of opinion is telling you, you are wrong...

..... it might behoove you to consider it , and think about it.

I know I have in the past.....

.....hope my experience/bit of insight... is of help to you.

Jo

And you reply...

.making it obvious that none of you blaming me have ever apparently even considered, let alone taken any time to pause and reflect...on the possibility that it might be YOUR attitudes that create an unfriendly atmosphere here.

GOOG GRIEF!!!!!.... could I acknowledge more clearly that I have done so???

This wholly inaccurate summation of yours is just another perfect example of your complete and utter myopia ....

Get a grip Dude :_brickwal

jo

dietz99vcross
11/24/2013, 12:16 PM
TREKker,

Perhaps I am now part of the mob, but I think not.

I have yet to comment on any of this interesting debate, so I am not one of people you mention

If I agree with the majority that you are the one who needs to pause and reflect on their attitude, it might simply be because they and I are correct, not just simply a mob.

Y33TREKker
11/24/2013, 05:19 PM
Trekker, do you actually READ whats written????

In Part I wrote:-

And you reply...

GOOG GRIEF!!!!!.... could I acknowledge more clearly that I have done so???

This wholly inaccurate summation of yours is just another perfect example of your complete and utter myopia ....

Get a grip Dude :_brickwal

jo
Right back at you jo, because even giving you the benefit of the doubt that you HAVE paused to reflect regarding those OTHER situations/people you referred to...here you've been again exhibiting the same juvenile attitude towards me that I referred to which resulted in this animosity towards me in the first place. Trying to hide it with a little lawyer speak to make yourself sound entirely objective about this whole thing was a nice try though.

Y33TREKker
11/24/2013, 05:20 PM
TREKker,

Perhaps I am now part of the mob, but I think not.

I have yet to comment on any of this interesting debate, so I am not one of people you mention

If I agree with the majority that you are the one who needs to pause and reflect on their attitude, it might simply be because they and I are correct, not just simply a mob.
"Might" being the key word there, because there "might" be more history to what is currently happening than you are aware of.

Ldub
11/25/2013, 05:36 PM
"Might" being the key word there, because there "might" be more history to what is currently happening than you are aware of.

Whaddya mean Tookie...:confused:

That you "might" be a bigger dickhead than even WE realized???

I find that to be highly unlikely...:rolleyesg

Scott Larson
11/25/2013, 07:13 PM
Just another observation, but I couldn't help notice the irony about those comments suggesting I'm the person who needs to pause to reflect on my attitude, because they're all coming from the VERY SAME people who were exhibiting the EXACT SAME attitude in the thread from SO LONG AGO where all this animosity actually started......making it obvious that none of you blaming me have ever apparently even considered, let alone taken any time to pause and reflect...on the possibility that it might be YOUR attitudes that create an unfriendly atmosphere here.

Seems a PCV (Particularly Conveniently View) that some of you to have adopted. ;)

Just because a lot of individuals will join in on what a mob is doing doesn't make what it's doing a good thing.

Do tell Trekkmiester, exactly what thread from sooooo long ago are you referring to, hmmmmmm? Please tell me it's not the same one I'm thinking of...

Y33TREKker
11/26/2013, 12:44 PM
Do tell Trekkmiester, exactly what thread from sooooo long ago are you referring to, hmmmmmm? Please tell me it's not the same one I'm thinking of...
It comes as no surprise whatsoever you would request so kindly that no one remind you about it Scott. If I were you, I wouldn't want it brought up again either. :p

But since you went against that kind of common sense and asked anyway, it was obviously the site donation thread where you and a few of the other usual suspects on this site (some of the very same of which who have coincidentally (?) once again shown up in this thread to attack me) were making your character assassinations of members of this site who simply choose not to donate to the site. Yes, as much as I'm sure you and your pals won't want to hear it, it was your unnecessary and unwarranted derogatory comments that got all this started.

It was THAT ATTITUDE that was initially creating an unfriendly atmosphere here, and the only reason all of the people who told me that they also thought it was you and your juvenile cohorts who were the people in the discussion being dickheads didn't voice that opinion publicly was because they saw the defensive and retaliatory attitude all of you directed at me when I suggested how your comments may come across to potential new members...and realized they'd most likely be wasting their time anyway.

As I said sooo long ago, there are better ways to go about what you were trying to accomplish, and based on the feedback I was hearing, your attitudes actually achieved the exact opposite result (members NOT making donations who otherwise WOULD HAVE) you apparently thought your shaming comments would generate.

And since I've already wasted this much time repeating myself, I may as well make a couple of OTHER observations...which are obviously not to be confused as opinions...it also hasn't escaped my attention that the majority of people suggesting I need to work on my attitude...based on their accusations that I've apparently ONLY been wanting to prove Tom wrong in this thread...have been doing nothing but trying to prove me wrong in this thread while completely ignoring that it was Tom who proved HIMSELF initially wrong in this thread...and secondly, that out of all of the people who have suggested I had no reason to be posting in this thread in the first place, almost NONE have actually had anything AT ALL to say regarding the actual topic of this thread as they've been following through on THEIR only apparent reason for posting in this thread...personally attacking me.

Threads like this only make it more and more obvious that it's some of you who have yet to take the time to reflect on whether it might be YOUR attitudes that cause the problems here seeing as how you're still obviously behaving the exact same way you were when you started all this bs.

Brick walls indeed.

tom4bren
11/26/2013, 01:31 PM
... while completely ignoring that it was Tom who proved HIMSELF initially wrong in this thread...

You just can't let it go can you dude ... white flags really mean nothing to you do they?

It's getting more & more difficult to continue a civilized conversation with you.

Let me state it in few & simple terms as possible so you won't feel obliged to quote me out of context again:

You did not prove me wrong. I did not prove me wrong. I remain convinced that a crossover tube between the valve covers MAY be beneficial & certainly won't hurt anything.

My apologies if the single correction I made in my logic (well maybe 2 but that's a stretch) bestowed upon your person the right to launch a diatribe ad nauseum.

As far as I can tell, you have even less knowlege than I about the particulars involved in this topic.

I have a feeling that you are right in that a crossover won't help since I haven't seen any oil leaks on the valve cover without the PCV. There's only one way to find out though ... isn't there. BTW, I'm not contradicting myself by saying that, it was just a factoid that came to me on my commute into work this morning.

Scott Larson
11/26/2013, 02:03 PM
Trekkie, I think not only do you have me confused with one of your other archnemesis on this forum, (Of which there are many) but you are also confused as to how few people actually give a rats-azz what the f@#k you think! You are nothing more then entertainment to some and the rest probably just find you irritating...Oh and by the way, I was thinking of a completely different thread, one that actually did involve me, so nevermind! ;) :p...Can't forget these!!!

ZEUS
11/26/2013, 07:23 PM
Hiiiiiiii.... Dude, Y33TREKker (I hope I spelled that right), I totally agree with you!!! :yeso: What is wrong with all these blowhards? It's not fair!!! Trust me, I get it. I know it is a lot of pressure, but it's not your fault... don't let them get to you. I wish I came in here to defend you much earlier! You should not have to deal with this. Keep it up, one day they will catch on... hopefully. Come on guys, try harder... Smilies withheld.

Scott Larson
11/26/2013, 07:40 PM
ZEUS, as always man, you are the voice of reason. You get it dude, all is ethereal man, never fear, the gonge man is here dude...:rotate: :_beer: :dance: :disturbed ;puke2; :snooz: Peace be with you man...

VX KAT
11/26/2013, 07:56 PM
Hiiiiiiii.... Dude, Y33TREKker (I hope I spelled that right), I totally agree with you!!! :yeso: What is wrong with all these blowhards? It's not fair!!! Trust me, I get it. I know it is a lot of pressure, but it's not your fault... don't let them get to you. I wish I came in here to defend you much earlier! You should not have to deal with this. Keep it up, one day they will catch on... hopefully. Come on guys, try harder... Smilies withheld.

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/25r30wi.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/Bananezorro.gif

Ldub
11/26/2013, 09:09 PM
That is so strange...how all the people standing on the high ground, with the exception of one little hind pocket turd, find it just "too not worthwhile" to bother posting their support of your stance in any thread...ever.

I mean, since there are VOLUMES of people out there sitting on their wallets cuz EVERYONE ELSE in this, & many other threads, who has posted either feigned or genuine disdain for you & your freak'n holier than thou attitude, is just so contentious & immature that not one person who shares your opinion could be bothered to post...:_thinking

Yeah, that sounds plausible...:yesgray:

As a matter of fact... P - C - V

tom4bren
11/27/2013, 05:16 AM

DUDE!!!

Who dropped a lightning bolt down your shorts???

JK ... Nuttin but love bro, nuttin but love.

Scott Larson
11/27/2013, 06:44 AM
It comes as no surprise whatsoever you would request so kindly that no one remind you about it Scott. If I were you, I wouldn't want it brought up again either. :p

But since you went against that kind of common sense and asked anyway, it was obviously the site donation thread where you and a few of the other usual suspects on this site (some of the very same of which who have coincidentally (?) once again shown up in this thread to attack me) were making your character assassinations of members of this site who simply choose not to donate to the site. Yes, as much as I'm sure you and your pals won't want to hear it, it was your unnecessary and unwarranted derogatory comments that got all this started.

It was THAT ATTITUDE that was initially creating an unfriendly atmosphere here, and the only reason all of the people who told me that they also thought it was you and your juvenile cohorts who were the people in the discussion being dickheads didn't voice that opinion publicly was because they saw the defensive and retaliatory attitude all of you directed at me when I suggested how your comments may come across to potential new members...and realized they'd most likely be wasting their time anyway.

As I said sooo long ago, there are better ways to go about what you were trying to accomplish, and based on the feedback I was hearing, your attitudes actually achieved the exact opposite result (members NOT making donations who otherwise WOULD HAVE) you apparently thought your shaming comments would generate.

And since I've already wasted this much time repeating myself, I may as well make a couple of OTHER observations...which are obviously not to be confused as opinions...it also hasn't escaped my attention that the majority of people suggesting I need to work on my attitude...based on their accusations that I've apparently ONLY been wanting to prove Tom wrong in this thread...have been doing nothing but trying to prove me wrong in this thread while completely ignoring that it was Tom who proved HIMSELF initially wrong in this thread...and secondly, that out of all of the people who have suggested I had no reason to be posting in this thread in the first place, almost NONE have actually had anything AT ALL to say regarding the actual topic of this thread as they've been following through on THEIR only apparent reason for posting in this thread...personally attacking me.

Threads like this only make it more and more obvious that it's some of you who have yet to take the time to reflect on whether it might be YOUR attitudes that cause the problems here seeing as how you're still obviously behaving the exact same way you were when you started all this bs.

Brick walls indeed.

Just in case you decided to magically make your post disappear, I thought it best to insure it does not... You can magically disappear however and that would be FINE, then we wouldn't have erroneous diatribes like this one! :clap: :dance: :_beer:

ZEUS
11/27/2013, 10:01 AM
DUDE!!!

Who dropped a lightning bolt down your shorts???

JK ... Nuttin but love bro, nuttin but love.
Hey, Thor! :p I have been thinking about this cross-over tube concept of yours & I think you will experience exactly .05% improvement in throttle response! So go for it; it will totally be worth it! :yesy:

tom4bren
11/27/2013, 10:23 AM
Hey, Thor! :p I have been thinking about this cross-over tube concept of yours & I think you will experience exactly .05% improvement in throttle response! So go for it; it will totally be worth it! :yesy:

Best laugh I've had all day. A Mt Dew tru da nose moment!!!

Ldub
11/27/2013, 04:24 PM
I guess I cant fathom why....

...that given you keep finding yourself embroiled in similar fracas on this site,
that you dont sit back and take a good look at why the consensus of opinion....
(mob mentality as you so colorfully put it!)

.... is telling you, that youre the one that is out of line.

:_thinking

Jo

Dude...it's called "PROJECTION"...look it up mo-fo...:yesgray:

He's projecting a false sense of intelligence, superiority, & the ever popular "I'm never wrong & the last word will be MINE"

Doncha remember how we were all projecting up a storm earlier in this thread...sheesh..:_thinking.:rotate:.:laughing:

JoFotoz
11/27/2013, 04:37 PM
Umm Dubbie..

This "projection" you talk of....

Do you really not see the irony of how often you've quoted me to try to prove me wrong though?

..... am I on the right track :_thinking

The "Jockey"

JoFotoz
11/27/2013, 04:58 PM
The Sarcasm of my previous post aside....

I can assure you Trekker, that many posting here..
....and many simply talking by phone/PM etc....

..have done THEIR fair share of reflecting.

To the point of wondering if perhaps you are the master prankster..

....and simply winding everyone up.

Alas..its clear this is not the case.

By taking the view that its a "Mob mentality", especially given many new
posters cautioning you....

....its clear that either we are all missing something ~ or you are.

I hope one day we meet for a beer, and as I've said to you before, we find that its all "Cyber" b/s...

....and simply miss-interpretation of intonation, meaning and intent as happens often when posting, rather than actually chatting.

:_beer:

jo

Ldub
11/27/2013, 09:14 PM
Umm Dubbie..

This "projection" you talk of....

..... am I on the right track :_thinking

The "Jockey"

U R So close...:laughing:

Y33TREKker
12/03/2013, 06:15 PM
Some of you can try to turn this back on me all you like (yes, you're projecting again), but even if we ignore the fact that some of you obviously either still don't understand what I actually said regarding site donation in that original thread, or are simply going out of your way in mischaracterizing whatever I say to create the negative impression of me that you want others here to believe (there are no other rational explanations), another fact that remains is that some of you, in this very thread, are STILL exhibiting the same juvenile attitude including unwarranted character assassinations you were exhibiting back then in that original thread.

Apparently though, you haven't connected the dots that would clearly show you how your current comments are illustrating what you're still denying, which only calls into question whether you've ever personally realized and acknowledged what attitude you were, and are still promoting. It's obviously easy to CLAIM that you have. Not as easy to actually prove it with your comments and actions.

And I don't know what else to tell you Tom, you've once again gotten it wrong about what I was talking about. You're now trying to make it all about your crossover tube theory when what I was talking about as far as you proving yourself wrong was your initially stated understanding of PCV system operation....which you yourself eventually admitted to being wrong about. And anyway, when did I ever straight out tell you your crossover tube theory was "wrong". All I ever said what that in my opinion it was unnecessary. Don't know how many times that has to be explained. And why are you now trying to claim I didn't honor OUR white flag truce? As far as I was concerned, our discussion was over. I couldn't help notice just now though that you didn't place any blame on any of the usual suspects for this thread continuing after said truce who have kept throwing in their own 2 cents...which incidentally...have STILL not had even ONE cent to do with your crossover tube theory...

Par for the course around here though, where some of you clearly illustrate your own misunderstandings in discussions with me, yet somehow it's always me who was mistaken. Particularly Convenient Viewpoints. :yesgray:

Y33TREKker
12/03/2013, 06:30 PM
Just in case you decided to magically make your post disappear, I thought it best to insure it does not... You can magically disappear however and that would be FINE, then we wouldn't have erroneous diatribes like this one! :clap: :dance: :_beer:
Oh, by the way Scott. Thank you.

You've helped to ensure that anyone who is still objective about this ongoing fiasco has one more additional chance to see what rational comments actually look like compared to the name-calling rants you seem prone to making when you're arguing. :p

Scott Larson
12/03/2013, 07:43 PM
Trekkie, did I mention the fact that you are a dickhead? I didn't want that fact to get lost in all the BS that you sling!! As to Tom's little crossover tube experiment, you did indeed think that you would be "SCHWWEEEETLY" proving him wrong...I truely hope that Tom proves his theory "SCHWWEEEETLY" correct!!! Oh, and one last thing trekkmiester, I've never met you or Tom but I'll tell ya somethin' trekkie, I'd waaaay rather have an argument with Tom then any conversation with you...And seriously dude, a whole week this thread has been dead; why can't you just do the same? ;) :p (Because of you, I just love these things!)

LittleBeast
12/03/2013, 08:20 PM
you you you're you your you you you you you your you're you've you you your

you you've You're your yourself your you yourself you your you you your

you your

31 pointed fingers in one post? Man little Trekie will never let anything go, haha. Wow, sad.

tom4bren
12/04/2013, 05:49 AM
And I don't know what else to tell you Tom, you've once again gotten it wrong about what I was talking about.

Wow, I totally misinterpreted your point. I can't even begin to express my embarrassment.

My sincere apologies.

ZEUS
12/04/2013, 07:19 AM
Last

Scott Larson
12/04/2013, 07:28 AM
Word

LittleBeast
12/04/2013, 11:48 AM

tom4bren
12/04/2013, 12:16 PM
:dan_ban:

VX KAT
12/04/2013, 12:36 PM
http://www.pic4ever.com/images/25r30wi.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/25r30wi.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/25r30wi.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/25r30wi.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/25r30wi.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/25r30wi.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/25r30wi.gif

VXR
12/04/2013, 09:34 PM
:confused:

Ldub
12/05/2013, 06:25 AM
I was wondering when that would crawl out in tha daylight...:rolleyesg

Y33TREKker
12/05/2013, 08:06 AM
I can assure you Trekker, that many posting here..
....and many simply talking by phone/PM etc....

..have done THEIR fair share of reflecting.

Alas..its clear this is not the case.

By taking the view that its a "Mob mentality", especially given many new
posters cautioning you....

....its clear that either we are all missing something ~ or you are.

I hope one day we meet for a beer, and as I've said to you before, we find that its all "Cyber" b/s...

....and simply miss-interpretation of intonation, meaning and intent as happens often when posting, rather than actually chatting.

jo
Rather than respond individually to all of your pocket hind turds jo, I'll just say this. I can't help but find it funny when you say that a fair share of yours and your friends time self-reflecting has been spent on the phone/PM'ing/etc. trying to decide what is wrong with someone ELSE.

Seriously, was that REALLY supposed to have the effect of instilling any pictures of self-reflection taking place on the parts of you and your hind turds? So you see, it's statements like that which have provided legitimate cause to question whether a lot of the hind turds on this site have simply been posting in threads like this one to try to wind ME up.

And I'd agree right now even without the beer that the majority of posts where I've been called all sorts of unimaginative names in threads like this one have simply been unwarranted "Cyber" bs, but if given the chance, I wouldn't have any problem sharing a beer or two with you...because I know you've won at least one six pack of Newcastle betting against my supporters in the past in threads like this one, and if you have the capacity to appreciate Newcastle, you surely can't be a TOTAL lost cause. :p

Y33TREKker
12/05/2013, 08:19 AM
That is so strange...how all the people standing on the high ground, with the exception of one little hind pocket turd, find it just "too not worthwhile" to bother posting their support of your stance in any thread...ever.

I mean, since there are VOLUMES of people out there sitting on their wallets cuz EVERYONE ELSE in this, & many other threads, who has posted either feigned or genuine disdain for you & your freak'n holier than thou attitude, is just so contentious & immature that not one person who shares your opinion could be bothered to post...:_thinking

Yeah, that sounds plausible...:yesgray:

As a matter of fact... P - C - V
All those other people quickly learned after watching the responses I've gotten in threads like this one that publicly disagreeing with some of you about your negative attitudes would simply be a waste of their time.

They obviously learn things more quickly than you though, since I'd already explained that reason in this very thread and you obviously didn't understand it the first time.

Congratulations, you took a possible lack of comprehension on your part from plausible to undeniable all by yourself.

Guess you didn't :_thinking about that one huh?

JoFotoz
12/05/2013, 10:28 AM
There seems to be no way to placate you Trekker....

I suggested (from personal experience) that a bit of self reflection might be in order.
You counter by suggesting its others that need to reflect.
I explained that many already have.
You then ridicule the very concept ......

jo

Y33TREKker
12/07/2013, 08:40 AM
There seems to be no way to placate you Trekker....

I suggested (from personal experience) that a bit of self reflection might be in order.
You counter by suggesting its others that need to reflect.
I explained that many already have.
You then ridicule the very concept ......

jo
Right back at you again jo, because to utilize your own previous comment, "do you even read what is written?"

As I illustrated using your own previous comments, your apparent view of you and your friends "self-reflecting" was spent on-the-phone/in PM's/etc discussing what all of you thought was wrong with me (thinking I must simply be up to something/trying to prank you with my comments in threads such as this one).

That's not me ridiculing the concept of self-reflection, that you and your friends not understanding it...as witnessed by some of your ankle-biter friends STILL barking their insults while posturing from a distance in the added safety of numbers...while obviously not considering for even a moment that what they're STILL doing might be what I've been referring to ALL ALONG...

Scott Larson
12/07/2013, 11:23 AM
Right back at you again jo, because to utilize your own previous comment, "do you even read what is written?"

As I illustrated using your own previous comments, your apparent view of you and your friends "self-reflecting" was spent on-the-phone/in PM's/etc discussing what all of you thought was wrong with me (thinking I must simply be up to something/trying to prank you with my comments in threads such as this one).

That's not me ridiculing the concept of self-reflection, that you and your friends not understanding it...as witnessed by some of your ankle-biter friends STILL barking their insults while posturing from a distance in the added safety of numbers...while obviously not considering for even a moment that what they're STILL doing might be what I've been referring to ALL ALONG...

Really Trekk, you still don't get it? You have shown a flagrant disregard for the written word! I for one would love to meet you in person so as to discuss, face to face, your apparent misconception of what is actually being said! You've demonstrated your complete lack of comprehension of who said what and where in post 85 (That I immortalized in post 93), in which you accused me of "character assassinations" of you in a donations-drive thread started by a long-time, dedicated member, a thread that I was not even involved in and that only you took as offensive. Let's cut the crap Trekkie, there is no one else, save Toadie, that agrees with any of your BS rhetoric. You are wrong on so many counts that it is beyond rediculous, you've proven it time and time again! you are so caught-up in yourself and your own self-perceived rightiousness that you cannot see any other point of view! Get a clue and then, if only for yourself, get a LIFE!!! These are for you ;) :p, and this one is for Toadie :confused:!

Maddawg
12/07/2013, 11:45 AM
No comment, just dropped in for the drama. Wowie!

Scott Larson
12/07/2013, 12:07 PM
No prob M'dawg! How's the weather in sunny Cali?? Bet it's alot warmer then Northern Minnesnowta...I'm guessin' by about 80 degrees!!:cool!:

JoFotoz
12/07/2013, 12:49 PM
You are correct Trekker...

By saying "do you even read what is written"..

...I made a great error of assumption.

I assumed ( foolishly) that when I said :-

(which is essentially a tip of the hat to you for a great prank...)

....you would understand that "to the point of" indicated much additional discussion.

So let me be CRYSTAL CLEAR.

Many have questioned their own interpretation of your words.
Many have asked others if they are missing something.
Many have sought a second opinion in case they are out of line.

Etc..etc.

The "self-reflecting" taking part on-the-phone/in PM's/etc WAS NOT a matter of simply discussing what all of us thought was wrong with YOU.

There was plenty of PERSONAL reflecting taking place....by many.

If I didnt make this CLEAR from the get go...I trust I do now.

I also hope that rather than pick this post apart piece by piece...
... you will comprehend my overall gist and intent, and understand that
the original post about self reflection (both by me personally & by others) was genuine.

And that perhaps if you have not already done so, you might consider it.

Jo

JoFotoz
12/07/2013, 12:51 PM
I wish...

How's the weather in sunny Cali?? Bet it's alot warmer then Northern Minnesnowta...I'm guessin' by about 80 degrees!!:cool!:

...its colder than a witches ( . ) here.

Gotta be at least 55....... :p

Jo

ZEUS
12/07/2013, 02:22 PM
Speaking of reflecting... My suggestion...http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/332.jpg
My life improved with this simple act & I am able to get through threads way faster now! I was able to read all of this thread in under an hour & I did not once get pissed off! Both are quite a feat considering the parties involved! Of course, every time someone is quoted I have the option of reading that which was once hidden. Still, reading one of those quotes is kind of like, "Read one you've read them all." after 5 years of this crap. On the flip-side - there are about 40 people in my "buddies" list... again, quite a feat considering the parties involved. :p

ZEUS
12/07/2013, 02:23 PM
In other news... How's the cross-over tube coming, Thor? Don't give me any crap about:
"It's too cold..."
"There's too much snow..."
"I can't get to the engine bay because my tires stick out so far..."
"Trek was right..."

Scott Larson
12/07/2013, 02:49 PM
"Trek was right", now that right there was fuuunnny!!!!:laugho:

VX KAT
12/07/2013, 03:50 PM
Seriously, Cap't KIRK, do you have ANY friends? :_thinking

If by chance you do, I sure don't know how you don't bore them to death with your relentless repetition, ad nauseum,
in your rants "quoting" everybody, and about how everybody else in the world is at fault, and never, EVER you!

Must be a real beotich having the whole world (you know, like the "mob" here) pickin' on ya, eh?,
especially knowing they are ALL wrong, every one of them! (well, except for Toadie, but he's apparently confused about many things :confused:)

It sure must be hard knowing you're the only one that's ever right. What a burden! Sheesh! :rollo:

tom4bren
12/10/2013, 04:14 AM
In other news... How's the cross-over tube coming, Thor? Don't give me any crap about:
"It's too cold..."
"There's too much snow..."
"I can't get to the engine bay because my tires stick out so far..."
"Trek was right..."

OK Zeus. I won't feed you a line of crap.:)

I'm just not through procrastinating yet!!!

The Proton isn't using oil so the test will be done on the Amigo with the 3.2L

It's the one using a quart every 500 miles. I'm wondering if it's using so much because it's a 5 spd so much more engine braking??? thoughts.

Scott Larson
12/10/2013, 08:29 AM
Tom, I would think that might apply if you're over-revving the engine on downshifts:_steering...doesn't sound like something you would do though.:_confused

Maddawg
12/10/2013, 08:49 AM
No prob M'dawg! How's the weather in sunny Cali?? Bet it's alot warmer then Northern Minnesnowta...I'm guessin' by about 80 degrees!!:cool!:

Kinda depends where you are in California. Jo's nice and snuggy down in San Diego. Up here in Hesperia, it colder than a well digger's arse. Well, not as cold as where you are Scott. Here's a sampling of cities in Calif.

Hesperia, CA (92345) - Clear, 27°
Tuesday47° / 26° Wednesday53° / 33° Thursday54° / 35° Friday56° / 35° ...

Lake Arrowhead, CA (92407) - Partly Cloudy, 18°
Tuesday43° / 28° Wednesday48° / 33° Thursday49° / 37° Friday48° / 35° ...

Long Beach, CA (90802) - Mostly Cloudy, 42°
Tuesday65° / 40° Wednesday68° / 42° Thursday68° / 46° Friday68° / 45° ...

Santa Fe Springs, CA (90670) - Clear, 48°
Tuesday67° / 39° Wednesday69° / 44° Thursday69° / 47° Friday69° / 46° ...

Rancho Cucamonga, CA (91730) - Mostly Cloudy, 39°
Tuesday63° / 37° Wednesday66° / 39° Thursday67° / 42° Friday65° / 41° ...

ZEUS
12/10/2013, 09:06 AM
OK Zeus. I won't feed you a line of crap.:)

I'm just not through procrastinating yet!!!

The Proton isn't using oil so the test will be done on the Amigo with the 3.2L

It's the one using a quart every 500 miles. I'm wondering if it's using so much because it's a 5 spd so much more engine braking??? thoughts.
I decided to stop procrastinating... tomorrow.
I would think the 3.2 would consume more oil because it's a 3.2. :confused: Really though there could be so many variables to the differences between the two individual motors. Maybe the 3.2 air filter wasn't changed as much, maybe the oil wasn't changed as much, maybe it was in a dirtier climate. The use of A/C or the Defrost applies engine braking as well sooo... allow me to :badhorse: if you were to FINALLY swap in an electric fan you would lessen the effect of engine braking as well as improve throttle response. :dan_ban:

Scott Larson
12/10/2013, 09:18 AM
Come on ZEUS, we like:badhorse:around here!!

evillecutter
12/10/2013, 12:27 PM
http://images.elephantjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/cant-we-all-just-get-along1.jpg
...or get a bong, either way...

Y33TREKker
12/10/2013, 05:12 PM
Really Trekk, you still don't get it? You have shown a flagrant disregard for the written word! I for one would love to meet you in person so as to discuss, face to face, your apparent misconception of what is actually being said! You've demonstrated your complete lack of comprehension of who said what and where in post 85 (That I immortalized in post 93), in which you accused me of "character assassinations" of you in a donations-drive thread started by a long-time, dedicated member, a thread that I was not even involved in and that only you took as offensive. Let's cut the crap Trekkie, there is no one else, save Toadie, that agrees with any of your BS rhetoric. You are wrong on so many counts that it is beyond rediculous, you've proven it time and time again! you are so caught-up in yourself and your own self-perceived rightiousness that you cannot see any other point of view! Get a clue and then, if only for yourself, get a LIFE!!! These are for you ;) :p, and this one is for Toadie :confused:!
I'm sorry, did you say something? All I keep hearing from you is yap! yap! yap!

We get it though, you've offered to meet in person from afar. We're all duly impressed.

Y33TREKker
12/10/2013, 05:15 PM
You are correct Trekker...

By saying "do you even read what is written"..

...I made a great error of assumption.

I assumed ( foolishly) that when I said :-

(which is essentially a tip of the hat to you for a great prank...)

....you would understand that "to the point of" indicated much additional discussion.

So let me be CRYSTAL CLEAR.

Many have questioned their own interpretation of your words.
Many have asked others if they are missing something.
Many have sought a second opinion in case they are out of line.

Etc..etc.

The "self-reflecting" taking part on-the-phone/in PM's/etc WAS NOT a matter of simply discussing what all of us thought was wrong with YOU.

There was plenty of PERSONAL reflecting taking place....by many.

If I didnt make this CLEAR from the get go...I trust I do now.

I also hope that rather than pick this post apart piece by piece...
... you will comprehend my overall gist and intent, and understand that
the original post about self reflection (both by me personally & by others) was genuine.

And that perhaps if you have not already done so, you might consider it.

Jo
Fair enough. You've reflected. Obviously though, it just wasn't enough, because here you still are laying ALL this b.s. at my feet. Once again, convenient.

Maddawg
12/10/2013, 05:32 PM
This is just friendly banter, right? :confused:

Y33TREKker
12/10/2013, 05:43 PM
Seriously, Cap't KIRK, do you have ANY friends? :_thinking

If by chance you do, I sure don't know how you don't bore them to death with your relentless repetition, ad nauseum,
in your rants "quoting" everybody, and about how everybody else in the world is at fault, and never, EVER you!

Must be a real beotich having the whole world (you know, like the "mob" here) pickin' on ya, eh?,
especially knowing they are ALL wrong, every one of them! (well, except for Toadie, but he's apparently confused about many things :confused:)

It sure must be hard knowing you're the only one that's ever right. What a burden! Sheesh! :rollo:
Wow, Cap't Kirk? How clever.

All I'll say since you've jumped into the fray is that you should really think more about what your pals are actually doing, saying, and promoting here before you jump on their bandwagon, because it ends up reflecting badly on you too Kat, especially when it seems to be mainly what you're using to make the assumptions about me that you are.

As you've obviously misinterpreted, I've never categorized it as EVERYONE here who has illustrated the attitude I've been referring to. As a matter of fact, I've said on multiple occasions that I've received messages from many people who rarely post here who have stated that it's the attitude of some of the regulars that makes them NOT want to post here...because a lot of YOU exhibit the attitude that YOU'RE never wrong. And while it obviously seems to make you feel better about yourself to make that assumption about me, and that I have no friends, and that there are no members here who agree with me, that doesn't mean YOU'RE right.

It's interesting that all of you always want to make it about who is "right" and who is "wrong" though, when all I've ever really done is suggest that the attitude some of you illustrate on this website makes you look less like the kind of "family" who lives and let's live, and more like a family that has as it's motto, "Be like us and give us your money to help us keep this website up and running, or just stay the hell away!"

What can I say, not the kind of family I generally like hanging out with, but if YOU and YOUR pals here are happy, that's all that apparently matters, eh?

Y33TREKker
12/10/2013, 05:48 PM
This is just friendly banter, right? :confused:
Funny how it all looks when the same attitude of some of the regulars here is reflected right back at them isn't it?

And surprise, surprise, THEY don't like it when it happens to them, but apparently see nothing wrong with it when THEY do it to others.

Maddawg
12/10/2013, 06:04 PM
I think that everyone here has lost track of what this site is about. What a great bunch you are! This is just belittleing. Does it really matter who said what. Give it up, its the Christmas season ya know. And with that I wish you all a Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday whichever you prefer.

Scott Larson
12/10/2013, 06:04 PM
Trekk, I come to you with a humble apology. With your urging I have taken the time to reflect on my thoughts and comments and my complete misunderstanding of your special situation. With the help of one of your very close friends I now have a clear picture of the challenges that you face every day and I cannot say it enough, how truely sorry I am for not showing the compassion and understanding that you so rightly deserve. I now understand that as a special needs individual, you have a hard time relating to other people and I realize that the problem does not lie with you, it lies with all of us who don't know or understand the kind of challenges you face every day. When you called me an "asswipe" and then attacked me in my Birthday thread a year ago, it was simply your way of expressing that which you find so difficult to verbalize. It wasn't a personal assault, you were simply lashing out in an attempt to somehow connect with me. You needn't worry anymore though Trekk, I am now here for you 100%. I urge all of our fellow VXers to recognize the special needs you have as a unique individual and to band together to help see you through this. You have a truely amazing friend in VXR, he really does have your best interests at heart. You can thank him for helping me to see the special person that lives inside you. Best of luck Trekk, I'm here for ya...:thumbup:

dietz99vcross
12/10/2013, 07:12 PM
Well it WAS a quiet 4 hours

Scott Larson
12/10/2013, 07:41 PM
Everything is now cool, I understand completely, there is no more animosity...

RickOKC
12/10/2013, 08:52 PM
And yet again, EVERYBODY else is the bad guy, but not you. EVERYBODY else needs to reflect on their actions, but not you.

According to you, newbies are afraid to post here (and they ALL ignore the fact that you brought heat upon yourself after your years of trolling for negative attention.)

I call BS. When I was a newbie, I had you pegged as the unofficial website troll weeks before I posted my first message.

How about you pick ONE member who you trust as being neutral and encourage those multitudes of frightened newbies to PM them saying "Trekker is right and I'm afraid to post an opinion" then have that person report back on how many people actually voted in your favor? No names, just numbers. The site owner doesn't express favoritism but has occasionally said "knock it off" and closed threads, how about him?

Here's why - We all know you are making a BS claim about "frightened newbies" just so you can make yourself out to be a victim. I DARE YOU to prove me wrong. Until you do, you are just the one billionth troll on the internet trying to garner sympathy because your ego can't handle accepting that YOU are the problem and not "everybody else on the planet. "

I dare you to prove me wrong.

LittleBeast
12/11/2013, 07:56 AM
you've you your you you you're you

you've YOU YOU'RE you yourself YOU'RE

you you you your

YOU YOUR

Only 19 fingers pointed? Little Trekkie is slipping, I was expecting more like his 30-40 pointed finger normal. Maybe he is realizing the error of picking a fight with everyone who keeps a site up and running?

tom4bren
12/11/2013, 08:27 AM
Tom, I would think that might apply if you're over-revving the engine on downshifts:_steering...doesn't sound like something you would do though.:_confused

Who ... Me ... Nah!!!

I decided to stop procrastinating... tomorrow.
I would think the 3.2 would consume more oil because it's a 3.2. :confused: Really though there could be so many variables to the differences between the two individual motors. Maybe the 3.2 air filter wasn't changed as much, maybe the oil wasn't changed as much, maybe it was in a dirtier climate. The use of A/C or the Defrost applies engine braking as well sooo... allow me to :badhorse: if you were to FINALLY swap in an electric fan you would lessen the effect of engine braking as well as improve throttle response. :dan_ban:

DING ... DING ... DING!!!

That's the answer. Give that man a 'nanner.

I'll put in a 'Lectric fan - That'll fix everything: oil consumption, wussy throttle response, V77's burning sensation when he pee's, Dub's waggly rear end, ....

Warning though - it won't help IRT Goonie Bird's revenge.

ZEUS
12/11/2013, 11:58 AM
Ooh, damn that bird!!!

Yup, a cross-over tube AND electric fan would make the VX pretty much a hybrid... then you could get Collector plates & a C-sticker. Sadly tho, your brakes would wear out faster because of the decrease in engine braking. Always a compromise...

tom4bren
12/11/2013, 12:01 PM
Ooh, damn that bird!!!

AAAWWWW!!!

That was one of the bestest VX pix EVER!!!

ZEUS
12/11/2013, 02:18 PM
Yeah, well, Dumke, Jo, & I paid the price for stepping on Sir Goonie's toes!

JoFotoz
12/11/2013, 02:23 PM
Its true...

Yeah, well, Dumke, Jo, & I paid the price for stepping on Sir Goonie's toes!

....that bird has mad powers :eek:

Touch the toes = some of this :smack: at the stoop !!

Its more than a myth :cool:

Jo

ZEUS
12/11/2013, 04:15 PM
...it's a legacy. Haha

pbkid
12/11/2013, 07:14 PM
:hj: :_beer: http://www.retrojunkie.com/gif/bananapopcorn.gif

JoFotoz
12/11/2013, 07:43 PM
I'm not happy...

:hj: :_beer: http://www.retrojunkie.com/gif/bananapopcorn.gif

...I seem to have eaten ALL my popcorn :mad:

Jo

ZEUS
12/11/2013, 09:31 PM
Now that pbkid has appeared, this thread has officially been Jacked! Waa waa waa...

FlyingV77
12/11/2013, 09:33 PM
Ok, so i get dragged into this mess.
so heres my 2 cents.
do the crossover thingy it should work. i don't know why, cuz im no good at maths, but it will look cool, and that's all that matters! oh and you should make it in purple so Kat has a new part for when she someday gets a new VX.
and the burning was a false alarm. i just needed to hydrate. i knew it couldn't be one of them sexy diseases, cuz im still an innocent ;)

tom4bren
12/12/2013, 07:27 AM
DANG.

Gotta quit reading this forum ...

Mt Dew tru da nose again!!!

pbkid
12/13/2013, 11:59 AM
Now that pbkid has appeared, this thread has officially been Jacked! Waa waa waa...

bahaha that actually made me lol. good work Justin.

Y33TREKker
12/17/2013, 07:42 AM
Well, it was worth a try anyway. I give the members I'm actually directing my comments towards a few extra days to consider what they're promoting (or more accurately, trying to enforce) on this website with their juvenile coercive comments, insults, and veiled threats, and all we get is S.S.D.Day/Year. (I would have said you members I'm talking about know who you are, but it remains pretty obvious that you don't).

And if that's not bad enough, a few other two-cents'ers new to the game prove that they can't read either. Just because SOME of you want to portray me as describing EVERYONE on this website as exhibiting the attitude I'm talking about doesn't automatically mean I am. And while it obviously makes SOME of you feel better about yourself to try to deflect the blame elsewhere and lay it all at my feet, just remember that there ARE others here who understand what you're trying to do.

Maddawg was close, I however don't think that EVERYONE here has lost track of what sites like this are about. I started out in this thread on this site trying to HELP a fellow member with a project, that fellow member adopted an "always right" attitude, and when I defended my comments, I started getting accused of having an "always right" attitude by the friends of that member. And even if I admit I am wrong about who said what, or who exhibited the attitude in question in what thread (past or present), the fact remains that the attitude I first spoke of in the first thread I referred to is still being exhibited here in this thread. As I said, S.S.D.D.

Some here already understand that, some here obviously still don't.

tom4bren
12/17/2013, 08:20 AM
... with their juvenile coercive comments ...

.... I started out in this thread on this site trying to HELP a fellow member with a project, that fellow member adopted an "always right" attitude ...

Well, since I started it, I'll finish it ... by living up to your low expectations.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/direction.jpg

Scott Larson
12/17/2013, 06:19 PM
Now Tom, it's been a whole week since Trekk has acted up; it's obvious that he is off his medication again. And Trekk, you were doing so well, you have to stay on the meds or you're going to keep having these episodes, I'm here for ya buddy...:thumbup:

VX KAT
12/17/2013, 10:39 PM
Well, since I started it, I'll finish it ... by living up to your low expectations.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/direction.jpg

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/25r30wi.gifhttp://www.pic4ever.com/images/funny.gif

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/129fs238648.gif Funny that is, ummmmm!

AlexVX
12/18/2013, 12:17 PM
Fun thread but ya'll have been feeding the troll a little too long he went around like 5 times. Anyone ever gets banned 'round here?
On the subject - I once forgot to out back the oil cap after filling up, drove half way to a ski resort to find smoke from under the hood at a gas station. Actually didn't notice it until I saw two dudes looking at my VX with horrified expressions on their faces. I usually see curiosity, confusion etc.on peoples' faces, but never horror. Anyways went back home and found oil cap two block down from where I stated - it was sitting on the battery while I was refilling and fell off after all. Only greased up half of the engine compartment.
Where do I get my club card?

tom4bren
12/19/2013, 05:46 AM
Now Tom, it's been a whole week since Trekk has acted up

I deserve it.

tom4bren
12/19/2013, 08:11 AM

Here ya go:)

tom4bren
12/19/2013, 08:17 AM
Did ya hear about the blond lady who went to the auto parts store to buy a 710 cap. She had to show a picture to the guy so he could figure out what she was looking for:

ZEUS
12/19/2013, 10:29 AM
Fun thread but ya'll have been feeding the troll a little too long he went around like 5 times. Anyone ever gets banned 'round here?

Haha, I had to go to Urban_Dictionary (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=feeding%20the%20trolls) to see exactly what you meant by that - pretty funny! :thumbup: The only peeps to get banned are those pesky Jeep owners who try to sabotage the site. Otherwise, my guess is the Admin is tired of locking threads revolving around the same general folks - seriously, this grudge match has been going on for over 5 YEARS. It's one guy on a crusade against a clique, as best as I can see - he claims to have a mystery following whom choose not to speak however. I'm surprised this thread has not been locked by now as I've never seen it get this bad before. There have been some crossing-the-line comments from several. I imagine the Admin just wants to let them/us fight it out here so that it finally comes to a stop. Everyone should just do everyone a favor and add their perceived troll(s) to their ignore list in order to make this a happier forum... I believe it would take Trek a long time to complete that task.

With that said, if anyone chooses to support the forum by making a donation, it is appreciated by many of us (perhaps overzealous) who love this site for more than just the VX topics. If you choose not to donate funds, that is ok too. Some of us appreciate it enough to donate extra funds if need be & I, personally, regret & take back my comments about those who choose not to donate under their own prerogative. If Trek wants to take credit for that he is welcome to it...
Peace (ode to Tom Die Trying)
:)

P.S. Thor sucks.

Scott Larson
12/19/2013, 12:50 PM
Did ya hear about the blond lady who went to the auto parts store to buy a 710 cap. She had to show a picture to the guy so he could figure out what she was looking for:

Now THAT was funny..A 710 cap indeed! :rotate: Budweiser through the nose hurts worse then Mt. Dew...

VXR
12/20/2013, 06:57 PM

Something tells me they are NEVER going to get it.

I do however applaud your continued efforts to show them the light:thumbup:

FlyingV77
12/20/2013, 07:08 PM

there really should be a sarcasm font, because i cant tell if your serious or not. are you the mysterious Trekk supporter, aka Unicorn everyone has heard of?

ZEUS
12/20/2013, 07:30 PM
That he be. That may also be the longest post he has ever written.

Scott Larson
12/20/2013, 08:36 PM
I believe ZEUS may be right, VXR has a limited vocabulary usually limited to an emoticon; that being, ":wtfb:". It's refreshing to see that he is expanding his social skills and coming out of his emotional shell...I'm starting to see great progress made in his and Trekks development! :thumbup:

Y33TREKker
12/30/2013, 09:46 AM

The great irony is that they keep proving themselves to have the exact attitude and lack of understanding I've described with virtually every subsequent post that they make...while simultaneously suggesting that I'm the person who doesn't get it.

The world we live in unfortunately.

Scott Larson
12/30/2013, 10:29 AM
Yer really coming along nicely Trekkie, it's been almost two weeks now since you've had one of your episodes! If you continue to stay on your meds I can promise you that the world you live in will get better...stick with it buddy! ;) :thumbup:

P.S. How's that crossover tube thingy comin' along Tom, is it up and runnin' sweetly? :_steering

Jolly Roger VX'er
12/30/2013, 05:05 PM
Guilty as charged.....

I once left off the oil cap on my way to work....same result....oil sprayed under hood and all over with smoke being the first clue. What I was surprised about was that it was only down half a quart...kind of like when I was a kid and spilled a cup of OJ in Mom's kitchen and it managed to coat the whole kitchen. The laws of physics can be amazing!

What did ya think I was guilty of???? lol.

Scott Larson
12/30/2013, 07:14 PM
I figgerd you were quilty of exactly what started this whole thread in the first place dammit, fergettin' to put yer 710 cap back on...:slap: :rotate:

tom4bren
12/31/2013, 01:50 PM
P.S. How's that crossover tube thingy comin' along Tom, is it up and runnin' sweetly? :_steering

I'm still looking around for the parts I'll need. Mebbe this weekend or next.

tom4bren
01/02/2014, 02:10 PM
OK, you shamed me into getting my arse in gear & get'r done. Not the crossover tube but a test to see if it'll work before I go that far. Just an oil breather for the right bank & still have the catch can on the left bank. I just put this together with a replacement oil cap, oil breather, and a screened grommet for a garden hose (total cost <$20).

I'll keep you posted on the oil consumption over the next few weeks.

http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/IMG_2421.JPG
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/IMG_2420.JPG
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/IMG_2419.JPG
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/IMG_2424.JPG
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/IMG_2423.JPG
http://www.vehicross.info/gallery/data/500/IMG_2422.JPG

Scott Larson
01/02/2014, 08:34 PM
BRILLIANT!!!

LittleBeast
01/03/2014, 11:03 AM
Looks great so far

FlyingV77
01/03/2014, 11:30 PM
its not purple!

tom4bren
01/06/2014, 05:41 AM
its not purple!

ROFL ... I'm not KAT. Nobody can pull off Purple like KAT can!!!

They did have a vent with red or black filter element so you could probably get purple too. I went with white so that I could see discoloration if too much oil is exiting through the filter (before it started dripping on the manifold).

ZEUS
01/06/2014, 06:36 AM
The real question now is how long till you forget to put that giant cap back on...?

VX KAT
01/06/2014, 12:57 PM
ROFL ... I'm not KAT. Nobody can pull off Purple like KAT can!!!

../\ /\..
. > '.' < .

FlyingV77
01/06/2014, 07:35 PM
it was supposed to be purple so Kat will have a new part for when she gets new VX some day. im trying to think ahead. maybe that will be an option for when you mas produce the mirical oil consumption cure

ok, and i like purple too, it looks great with proton and skulls

tom4bren
01/07/2014, 04:06 AM
The real question now is how long till you forget to put that giant cap back on...?

I'll notice the 0.03% drop in throttle response as soon as I start driving ... so it won't be a problem.:)

evillecutter
01/07/2014, 09:35 AM
looks cool eager to see if it helps!

off subject: whats up with your coil packs? are they from a 3.2l? can we use either?

tom4bren
01/07/2014, 12:36 PM
whats up with your coil packs? are they from a 3.2l? can we use either?

Yah, I'm running this test on the 3.2L in my 99 Amigo. The Proton isn't using oil yet. AFAIK you can use the coil packs for either engine.

Ldub
01/07/2014, 10:34 PM
Ok, so i get dragged into this mess.
so heres my 2 cents.
do the crossover thingy it should work. i don't know why, cuz im no good at maths, but it will look cool, and that's all that matters! oh and you should make it in purple so Kat has a new part for when she someday gets a new VX.
and the burning was a false alarm. i just needed to hydrate. i knew it couldn't be one of them sexy diseases, cuz im still an innocent ;)

bahaha that actually made me lol. good work Justin.

On the subject - I once forgot to out back the oil cap after filling up, drove half way to a ski resort to find smoke from under the hood at a gas station. Actually didn't notice it until I saw two dudes looking at my VX with horrified expressions on their faces. I usually see curiosity, confusion etc.on peoples' faces, but never horror. Anyways went back home and found oil cap two block down from where I stated - it was sitting on the battery while I was refilling and fell off after all. Only greased up half of the engine compartment.

there really should be a sarcasm font, because i cant tell if your serious or not. are you the mysterious Trekk supporter, aka Unicorn everyone has heard of?

its not purple!

it was supposed to be purple so Kat will have a new part for when she gets new VX some day. im trying to think ahead. maybe that will be an option for when you mas produce the mirical oil consumption cure

ok, and i like purple too, it looks great with proton and skulls

Gotta say, I'm a bit freaked...mushrooms not withstanding, or some such other disclaimer.....harUMPH. But for tha love of FLYING GODDAMN SPAGETTI MONSTERS....here are a number of non site supporters, who are comfortable enough in their own junk, to add kiln to tha fire...any you guys feel intimidated???...I thought not...:thumbup:

To treckicky & tha toadie...we already know that YOU TWO are actually the ones who "get it"...to those who truly get it, go the spoils, & to you I give tha maximum of kudos & congratulatory remunerations which are worthy of more value than you can possibly perceive...:yes:

Scott Larson
01/07/2014, 10:49 PM
Nice to see ya weigh in Dubster, it's been awhile my friend...where the hell ya been?

Ldub
01/07/2014, 10:53 PM
Nice to see ya weigh in Dubster, it's been awhile my friend...where the hell ya been?

Ummmmmm...that was explainashunne'd more early-er.....eerrrrrrrrrr.

:yesgray:

FlyingV77
01/07/2014, 11:54 PM
If i had a CC or used banks i would have donated a long time ago. ive found this site not only entertaining, but educational. And its worth a lot more than the price of FREE.99 that ive paid

tom4bren
01/08/2014, 04:52 AM
Weird

My weekly P0442 code hasn't appeared since adding the vent. I know ... totally unrelated issues but quite the coincidence (mebbe the cold weather sealed my gas cap mo' betta on this tank of go juice)!!!

BTW - sorry to un-jack the thread. Back to the regularly unscheduled ramblings:)

RickOKC
01/08/2014, 04:57 PM

Ummmmmm...that was explainashunne'd more early-er.....eerrrrrrrrrr.

:yesgray:
I missed it, too. My guess... frozen to a toilet seat. ;Dy;:rotate::laughing:

tom4bren
01/09/2014, 07:20 AM
It's too early to determine a trend ... but when I fueled up the Amigo this morning, there was no appreciable decrease in oil. I've only put 200 miles on it though since adding the vent.

I'm hopefully optomistic.:yes:

Ldub
01/09/2014, 06:55 PM
If I may further jack this thread...:_confused (that's a trek trap...don't look)

May I ask what kind of mileage you're getting with that lil' Amigo?

tom4bren
01/10/2014, 05:12 AM
22ish

But that's all grid iron

@ 145K, it's time for an in depth tune up which hopefully will squeek out another 1-2.

Y33TREKker
01/10/2014, 07:57 AM
...any you guys feel intimidated???...I thought not...:thumbup:
Funny that the thought of online intimidation would be brought up by you of all people.

Seems proof that despite repeated suggestions, you've STILL not looked up that psychological definition of "projection".

(Feeling intimidated VXR?...I thought not...) ;)

tom4bren
01/10/2014, 09:31 AM
What???

No comment about my apparant success???

Scott Larson
01/10/2014, 10:55 AM
Now if ya done blowdup, he'd a been a happy man...sweetly denied!:_mecker: :rotate:

VXR
01/10/2014, 02:22 PM
(Feeling intimidated VXR?...I thought not...) ;)

No but I scared meself:laughb:

Ldub
01/10/2014, 06:09 PM
Funny that the thought of online intimidation would be brought up by you of all people.

I was quoting you, f'tard...:rolleyesg

That mirror can be a real BITCH !

tom4bren
01/10/2014, 09:09 PM

ROFL

Yer killin me here son!!!

Y33TREKker
01/11/2014, 12:25 PM
I was quoting you, f'tard...:rolleyesg
Well then there's obviously another word you need to look up the definition for as it relates to a discussion between individuals...context.

Which also makes it funny that you've suggested multiple times in the past that I've tried to turn things around on you by simply repeating what you've said...only to turn around and do that very thing yourself just now by your own admission.

Time sure does have a way of revealing the truth about those kinds of things doesn't it... ;)

Y33TREKker
01/11/2014, 12:34 PM
What???

No comment about my apparant success???
What success? Your original idea was a crossover tube between BOTH valve covers, not a vent filter on ONE valve cover (which you incidentally referred to towards the very beginning when referencing a thread where I described having made THAT very modification to MY VX over a year ago.)

You can't claim that your project was a success when the project you're now referencing wasn't even the same project you started out talking about...unless of course you believe everyone has THAT short of an attention span...which is somewhat insulting to say the least in my opinion.

At least you apparently had Scott fooled though, although how much of a success can actually be claimed in that regard is debatable. ;)

Scott Larson
01/11/2014, 07:54 PM
And Trekkie my boy, you will never have me fooled...

VX KAT
01/11/2014, 08:16 PM
What success? Your original idea was a crossover tube between BOTH valve covers, not a vent filter on ONE valve cover (which you incidentally referred to towards the very beginning when referencing a thread where I described having made THAT very modification to MY VX over a year ago.)

You can't claim that your project was a success when the project you're now referencing wasn't even the same project you started out talking about...unless of course you believe everyone has THAT short of an attention span...which is somewhat insulting to say the least in my opinion.

At least you apparently had Scott fooled though, although how much of a success can actually be claimed in that regard is debatable. ;)

Ya know, the saddest part of your comment above TREK is that Tom's comment in post #194 was a JOKE....a funny.....a moment of levity to make the reader smile or chuckle. .....but ....hmmm, what's that phrase YOU so often use ...."you didn't get it".

If you did "get it", then there's no need to go off into the detailed, all serious attitude, nit-picking on the technicalities of the oil/catch can/bypass/crossover thingy and who said what, or who said what FIRST over a year ago and made that mod to YOUR VX over a year ago. Wohoo, OK, you win, you're first TREK. Make ya feel better?

Meanwhile, Scott L, T4B, and myself, (and perhaps others here) are all ROFL at Tom's funny comment, and enjoying ourselves and our friendship here. :laugho:
What's in your wallet?

Scott Larson
01/11/2014, 08:31 PM
HEY TREKK, WHAT'S IN YOUR WALLET??I love it Sue...:rotate:

tom4bren
01/12/2014, 03:41 PM

I'm sorry that my logic escapes you.:)

Scott Larson
01/12/2014, 06:27 PM
Oh hell Tom, everyones logic escapes Trekkie!! Maybe we should all just calm down and take ZEUS's previous suggestion (I believe Jo and others have supported the notion) and just hit the ignore button...but then, what fun would that be? :_confused :rotate: Can't forget this one for my little Trekkie...:p This one too. ;)

ZEUS
01/12/2014, 08:13 PM
Trust me, it's fun. :rotate:

JoFotoz
01/13/2014, 07:45 PM
Nope...

Maybe we should all just calm down and take ZEUS's previous suggestion (I believe Jo and others have supported the notion) and just hit the ignore button...

...havent hit ignore.

Simply gave up.
Having tried to look at this from all sides, even offering a mea culpa or two....
..... the resultant replies made any further participation pointless.

Obviously on this here interweb, Trekker and I will not see eye to eye.
Maybe one day we can sit eye to eye..... I hope so.

jo

tom4bren
01/14/2014, 05:50 AM
Another week since the vent install & no appreciable oil consumption. Still only 2 tanks though. I'll keep you posted. Rekin it's time to start collecting the parts I'll need for the crossover tube.

BTW - the P0442 code came back on Friday. It was a good run ... but maybe it's time to insert a crowbar in the wallet & procure a new gas cap (mebbe one to match the new 710 cap):)

Scott Larson
01/14/2014, 07:46 AM
Sorry Tom, I have it on good authority that your crossover-tube-thingy will never work, so it would seem (I've been told) that it is a complete waste of time. Now mind you good sir, I only tell you this so as to save you the unnecessary trouble and expense of continuing with this useless endeavor! Now if you've heard this somewhere before I humbly apologize, we may have both heard it from the same source...:_confused You may disregard my previous comments stating otherwise, sorry.:slap: ;)(For someone special) :rotate:

tom4bren
01/14/2014, 08:10 AM
& I thank you for the warning/advice.:)

Remember however that scientists discovered 39 ways NOT to make a synthetic alternative to fish oil before they made WD-40 available to their adoring public.

Gimme at least one more try so that I can offer T4B-3.

tom4bren
01/14/2014, 08:43 AM
What success? Your original idea was a crossover tube between BOTH valve covers, not a vent filter on ONE valve cover (which you incidentally referred to towards the very beginning when referencing a thread where ...

Have you forgotten that I have the oil catch can on the left bank? That, with the vent on the right bank 'SHOULD' yield the same results as the crossover tube & the oil catch can. The only reason to push on with the crossover tube instead of stopping at the vent filter is for environmental reasons, not oil consumption. The only reason to stop at the vent filter rather than moving on to the crossover tube is the work involved. I'll have to drill a hole in my right valve cover somehow without introducing metal shavings into the oil. Mebbe I'll just re-use the modified oil cap.

... I described having made THAT very modification to MY VX over a year ago.)

So glad YOU invented that for us. How can we ever thank you enough. Too bad you didn't get a patent on it so you could've made a meeeeelion dollars off of your brainstorm.

Dude ... take credit where credit is due. You've been AR about the whole issue, so I came up with the idea for the incremental step. If you hadn't brow beaten me so bad about how stooopid I am, I prolly would've just gone out & punched a hole in my valve cover with a punch & mallet then duct taped a tube in place. Sarcasm aside: if you could've removed the blinders long enough to embrace the technical approach instead of deficating insults, you'd realize that there is potential in what I'm trying to do. "You fart with your mouth" (IIRC from the movie 'Little Big Man').

I have no response to that

I guess I owe you my thought process in claiming a partial success.

Scott Larson
01/14/2014, 08:45 AM
Ah yes, WD-40 the other nectar of the Gods...the God of all things mechanical, the God of all things electrical, the God of all things metal, the God of all things plastic, the God of all things rusty, the God of all things gunky, the God of all things etc, etc, etc...You do know they sell that stuff in 55 gallon drums right?

tom4bren
01/14/2014, 08:57 AM
DANG ... it does all that???

I've just been using it to remove sticker residue & polish my cladding.

Now I'll hafta run out & buy me a 55 gal drum.

Scott Larson
01/14/2014, 09:00 AM
Don't forget the industrial sprayer to apply it!!

tom4bren
01/14/2014, 09:36 AM
Don't forget the industrial sprayer to apply it!!

Not needed. I'll just use the one from my suntan lotion.

tom4bren
01/17/2014, 10:18 AM
Had to add some oil at the 3rd fill up (~1/2 quart) ... but it's much mo betta than before.

EDIT:

This is good enough for me to decide that the crossover tube is worth the effort (sorta). I'll probably not put it on the Amigo just yet ... but since the valve covers are still not installed on Boy's Ebony, I'll definitely install the port on the right bank before I put them back on.

Y33TREKker
01/17/2014, 12:08 PM
And Trekkie my boy, you will never have me fooled...
The thing you're still missing is that I don't HAVE to fool you Scott.

It's obvious that you already have YOURSELF fooled regarding this subject, and if I then went out of MY way to try to fool you, I'd fall into the same category of piling-on that you and your safety-in-numbers cohorts always seem to have to resort to...as further witnessed by the comments that followed your post I just quoted.

It's also obvious that you and some of your friends still don't want to accept or admit it, but I'm actually trying to help you (although mostly this message board) when I suggest that it's the attitude you're displaying here that is counter-productive. But, it's become obvious that you'll never acknowledge that about my comments, so maybe you'll listen to what this girl had to say about the topic.

http://http://mostlywater.org/cliques_retard_growth (http://mostlywater.org/cliques_retard_growth)

Have a nice weekend.

Y33TREKker
01/17/2014, 12:09 PM
Ya know, the saddest part of your comment...
That's one way to look at it Kat, and it's entirely understandable why YOU would choose to view it that way given your past history of commenting in these threads.

Y33TREKker
01/17/2014, 12:10 PM
I'm sorry that my logic escapes you.:)
You just keep telling yourself that Tom, since you don't even seem to understand that the only change you've made to your system that resulted in your recent results was the vent filter.

If you'd simply added your crossover tube, your current results might actually count towards proving your "logic", but facts are facts, that ISN'T what you did.

And I'm glad to hear that your oil consumption has supposedly decreased, just as glad as I'd be to hear that from ANYONE who owns a VX with the oil consumption problem, but it's obvious that your quest to prove that you're never wrong about anything (jokingly of course ;) ) is obviously clouding the objectivity of your original project results...which logically...by your own admission...you haven't even completed yet.

tom4bren
01/17/2014, 12:42 PM
... the only change you've made to your system that resulted in your recent results was the vent filter.

And I'm glad to hear that your oil consumption has supposedly decreased ...

UMMM, Nope. I'd already seen a 50% decrease in oil consumption when I added the catch can. There was still too much consumption for my taste so then I moved on to ensure maximum ventillation by adding the crossover tube or vent on the other side. Another significant decrease but still not enough.

Next I'll try Seafoam or Rotella before the oil change. It has become my personnal vendetta to find the cure (short of an engine rebuild).

& thanks for the kind words. I'm probably now back to the acceptable limit for Isuzu (1 qt every 1000 miles). I was burning a quart every 300 miles.

tom4bren
01/17/2014, 12:47 PM
That's one way to look at it Kat, and it's entirely understandable why YOU would choose to view it that way given your past history of commenting in these threads.

Watch it Dude. KAT is good people (she's helped out a lot more people on this forum than you have) & I wuz raised to protect our wimmin folks.

Scott Larson
01/17/2014, 01:51 PM
I'll repeat what Tom posted in an unrelated thread, let's take these "yellow-shoelace" contests elsewhere (like to PM's) and keep this crap off the open forum pages. It's all getting really, really old! :_mecker:

JoFotoz
01/17/2014, 02:50 PM
IMO, this is actually very interesting...

http://http://mostlywater.org/cliques_retard_growth (http://mostlywater.org/cliques_retard_growth)

...and worth discussing, despite my recent commentary.

The article essentially defines 'cliques' as groups of generically like minded people that
act alike, think alike, dress alike etc...and parlays that into the "mob mentality" sphere
that you are so fond of accusing your detractors of falling victim to.
And, IMO.. rightly advances the opinion that this type of behavior "retards" ( not a word I approve of) growth.
So yea, I agree... the sentiment of this article you hang your hat on is very valid.

The problem is, and where your hypothesis falls apart...
...nothing could be further removed from the truth relative to people here.

You have been censured by individuals that encompass :-

Staunch Republicans, AND Staunch Democrats
Life long NRA'ers, and life long gun haters.
Confirmed religious people, and confirmed atheist and agnostics.
Pro Choice and Pro Life
Climate change believers and Climate change refuters
Pro ACA and radically anti ACA.
Pro gay marriage, and VERY anti gay marriage.
members who donate, and members that dont
McDonalds lovers, and Burger king lovers.
Miley fans, Miley haters !!

....etc etc!

I think you get the drift.

The fact is, even though the VX brings us all together in ONE love..

...we are in reality a VERY diverse and eclectic group of people.

Personally, its one of the MAIN reasons I enjoy the friendship of many here.
They do have very different stances on many aspects of life, compared to mine.

And we do push each other to question our views ...

I say that as fact, having had NUMEROUS discussion re politics/abortion/guns etc
with many members, and many that are also chastising you here.

We are IN NO WAY 'retarded' in our growth ....

In fact I would suggest that the cross meeting/interacting of such a diverse group....

......has led to the exact opposite.

I know it has for me and I know others have voiced the very same.

You are not being "attacked' by a mob or clique of typically like minded people....

What you are seeing is nothing more than a consensus of opinion from a very diverse group of individuals...
..... that happen to agree on this issue.

Jo

Y33TREKker
01/24/2014, 12:13 PM
UMMM, Nope. I'd already seen a 50% decrease in oil consumption when I added the catch can.
You should have specified that in your post about your "success" then, because in the context of this thread, it's debatable that that's ALL you were implying in an effort to try to make the point you've been trying to make.

Y33TREKker
01/24/2014, 12:17 PM
Watch it Dude. KAT is good people (she's helped out a lot more people on this forum than you have) & I wuz raised to protect our wimmin folks.
Mind your own business Dude. Kat is a grownup who apparently decided to participate in this thread and make the comments about me that she did of her own free will.

If she's going to take such actions, she has to accept that there may be consequences...just as I knowingly do when I voice the opinions here that I do.

And anyway, Kat has helped me with parts in the past too, and I've helped her with electromechanical suggestions for some of the VX issues she's had, but none of that seemed to make any difference in this case, so apparently it doesn't count as warranting your "protection"...so take your idle threats elsewhere.

Y33TREKker
01/24/2014, 12:20 PM
I'll repeat what Tom posted in an unrelated thread, let's take these "yellow-shoelace" contests elsewhere (like to PM's) and keep this crap off the open forum pages. It's all getting really, really old! :_mecker:
I agree, I has gotten old, but the fact of the matter is Scott that you could have done that a LONG time ago in this thread...and you didn't.

VXobsession
01/24/2014, 12:20 PM
Oh my, I came in on the tail-end of this one...

I'm gonna grab some popcorn and start reading this thread...

Y33TREKker
01/24/2014, 12:25 PM
The problem is, and where your hypothesis falls apart...
...nothing could be further removed from the truth relative to people here.

You have been censured by individuals that encompass...

...You are not being "attacked' by a mob or clique of typically like minded people....

What you are seeing is nothing more than a consensus of opinion from a very diverse group of individuals...
..... that happen to agree on this issue.

Jo
That's one way to look at it Jo...and a convenient one for you I might add...but not the ONLY way.

It could be viewed that you're simply trying to cloud the issue of the particular clique in this case, which is comprised of a few people comprising your "consensus" who simply don't like having it pointed out how cliquish they've been or the self-centered attitudes they've exhibited. (It's not escaped notice after all that a few of said clique members have suggested I just go away).

You see, as I've said before, I could cite a consensus of members here who feel as I do about the attitudes I've commented on, but the clique I'm referring to has never accepted THAT as a reason to actually change their attitudes, and yet here you are implying that your consensus is somehow better than my consensus? As I said, convenient.

tom4bren
01/24/2014, 12:35 PM
You should have specified that in your post about your "success" then, because in the context of this thread, it's debatable that that's ALL you were implying in an effort to try to make the point you've been trying to make.

???

I got a decrease when I added the catch can.

I got even more decrease when I added the vent (which has the same effect as the crossover tube that originated this debacle).

It's not complete success so in the grand scheme of things we were both right. I'm not trying to be a sore winner ... or admit defeat. I'm not a 'know it all' (even though I joke around at always being right). I had an idea & I tried it out. It ain't perfect but it did help (pretty much the same success rate as my forefathers).

Mind your own business Dude. Kat is a grownup who apparently decided to participate in this thread and make the comments about me that she did of her own free will.

True. Please forgive me.

Y33TREKker
01/24/2014, 12:54 PM
???

I got a decrease when I added the catch can.
Not what this thread was about, and like I said, you didn't mention/imply the catch-can as being the reason for the "success" you were claiming at that time.

I got even more decrease when I added the vent (which has the same effect as the crossover tube that originated this debacle).
No it doesn't. The way you described your original crossover tube idea would not have introduced a vent to atmosphere.

It's not complete success so in the grand scheme of things we were both right. I'm not trying to be a sore winner ... or admit defeat. I'm not a 'know it all' (even though I joke around at always being right). I had an idea & I tried it out. It ain't perfect but it did help (pretty much the same success rate as my forefathers).
As I said, I'm glad to hear your oil consumption decreased, but surely you can understand that some may not appreciate being pissed on and asking to accept that it's simply raining.

You're still claiming you were right about your original idea because you had success in decreasing your oil consumption but that decrease in consumption wasn't a result of your original idea...so sorry, but no...that's still not rain.

True. Please forgive me.
Consider it in the past.

tom4bren
01/24/2014, 01:41 PM
Dude, you're either grasping at straws or you really don't understand the mechanics behind the PCV. AFAIK there isn't a positive pressure coming from the combusion chamber input where the PCV attaches so the breather will have the same effect as the crossover tube with or without the catch can. That said, I haven't measured it ... & I've proven myself to be fallible so please feel free to enlighten us less informed as to your logic.

JoFotoz
01/24/2014, 02:33 PM
Trekker, the ' convenience ' of looking at it "that way"....

....was all yours, when you offered the 'retarded clique' analogy in the first place.

My rebuttal was based on actual knowledge, first hand...
.....of meeting and getting to know many of these people.

That is something you cant claim....

So, which in reality is more 'convenient' ?

Your projected hypothesis ..... or reality?

~~~

I hope these members will actually speak up....

You see, as I've said before, I could cite a consensus of members here who feel as I do about the attitudes I've commented on,

..... and support you publicly.

If we are all wrong... are all out of line...
...then the (silent) consensus you cite needs to lets us know.

But, until that happens, the only 'consensus' that can be verified...

...is the one clearly seen in this thread.

jo

VXobsession
01/24/2014, 02:35 PM
Trekker, you have GOT to be just completely mentally exhausted from all this hard work you're putting into this conversation.

Just for the record, I agree with Jo that we (as the VX community) come from all sorts of walks of life, experiences, beliefs...individually, we might be know-it-alls (who might not know much), last-word enforcers (who never back down from a debate), Christians, Atheists, hippies, businessmen, haters or lovers. Jo might drive an offroad whore, and I might drive a pavement princess. I'm sure there's someone here who has a trailer queen. You might have your ways of doing something, Tom has his....we've all learned what we know from failures, successes, advice, and just overall experiencing different angles of doing something. Just because you do something one way doesn't mean somebody else has to do it just like that....the end result should be all that matters. We (as VX owners/enthusiasts) share a bond/friendship/kinda like a family that should really mean something to us. These petty BS "debates" are ridiculous and frankly I'm tired of trying to keep up with my unread threads because there's one like this that's almost 20 pages long of arguing. SOMEBODY please accept that this has been beat to death and just stop with the "last-word" crap.

Just for the record, I met Jo here. Hated him the first time he said something to me. We're extremely different in our ways of life, our beliefs, the way we see the world around us. I never wanted to get on this forum just because of him. I never wanted to say anything because of that smart-a** sarcastic way he would respond....he was a jerk...and still is, in his own way. Somehow we became Facebook friends just so we could argue back and forth about politics and pick on each other more....and I love the guy to death. We're almost from 2 different planets, but I value my long distance friendship with him greatly (if you can call it that).

I think Trekker, you seriously need to chill out. You have gotten so involved in this...do you have anything else you're this passionate about??!! Let it be over with. Why are you so insistent about proving a point or making someone else feel like crap? Just walk away....whether or not you think you're right , just wash your hands of it and walk away. We're all in this VX thing together and I know I will always stand up for my VX family...even you. For YOUR sanity, just let it be.

JoFotoz
01/24/2014, 03:13 PM
Love ya tooo Melanie!!

And one of these days you are your new hubby ...
...need to saddle up BOTH of your VX's and come wheeling.

Or at the very least , given your self anointed pavement princess status ...

... come ride shotgun :thumbup:

Bottom line for me..
... talking to people away from here, actually meeting, getting to know others...
.... puts a whole different slant on the scribbles sometimes offered here.

I've said that to Trekker many times, and expressed a desire to meet him many times.

I hope I do.

~~~~

BTW... yer a jerk too :dan_ban:

jo

Scott Larson
01/24/2014, 05:53 PM
Ahh, yous guys make me wanna blush :o...This is one big happy disfunctional family and I luvz ya all, even you brother-Trekk.:heart: You are the juxtaposition to almost everything I stand for but I still somehow oddly admire your tenacity and candor, though I really don't know why :_confused...Back in post 226 when you said "I has gotten old", you couldn't have been more right if you tried! :yes:

Quote:
"I agree, I has gotten old, but the fact of the matter is Scott that you could have done that a LONG time ago in this thread...and you didn't."

Scott Larson
01/24/2014, 06:01 PM
I agree, I has gotten old, but the fact of the matter is Scott that you could have done that a LONG time ago in this thread...and you didn't.

Just in case, I thought I best immortalize this...it's priceless!!

VX KAT
01/24/2014, 06:34 PM

If she's going to take such actions, she has to accept that there may be consequences...just as I knowingly do when I voice the opinions here that I do.

And anyway, Kat has helped me with parts in the past too, and I've helped her with electromechanical suggestions for some of the VX issues she's had, but none of that seemed to make any difference in this case, so apparently it doesn't count as warranting your "protection"...so take your idle threats elsewhere.

I speak of my own free will, that's absolutely correct.

I just call 'em as I see 'em, and WHENEVER I feel 'em.

A prior positive interaction with someone here, does not, necessarily have a connection or control my comments in this thread.

If I happen to agree I may post that, if I don't agree I may post that as well.

They're not all cliques TREK, it's just that sometimes Group A agrees on the same "things", sometimes a few from Group B may agree with Group A, Some from Group C may agree with something said in Group A and B....etc, etc..... There's almost an infinite number of configurations of "groups".

The fact that there appears to be a pretty good number of folks that don't share your opinions in this thread, is just another random collection of members that I'll call a "group", that happen to share the same opinion on this particular topic or comments....that does not make them a clique.

And IMHO, Jo and VXObsession could not have summarized it any better!

I happen to be one of those folks Jo has had a few long discussions - face to face - into the wee hours of the morning discussing some very deep differences of opinions on a few topics. ;) Yet because we're both mature adults and respect each other, we very amicably "agreed to disagree" AND MOVED ON! We continue to have a very good friendship both on the forum and by phone and email. In fact, we even still get a few laughs in ABOUT OUR DISAGREEMENTS!
That's what many people here are trying to get across to you TREK. Just politely agree to disagree and MOVE ON!

I sold you some stuff because any differences of opinion we may have had or have didn't matter, we rose above it and acted like mature adults.

There's no mob or mafia or clique here thats collaborating and joining forces to "get you" in some manner. That's paranoia. As many have mentioned, most of us come here and participate for the sole love of the VX. Any further similarities or commonalities of beliefs are pure coincidence whenever a large group of people get together.

When most of us "agree to disagree" on something here and move on, and continue on with our enjoyment of this site, it makes someone who nitpicks, and continues on and on disagreeing about something or some points, it makes that person appear to ENJOY the disharmony and friction it causes.

Ever heard the phrase: I learned long ago, never wrestle with a pig. You just get all dirty, and the pig ENJOYS it.

IMHO, you're kinda lookin' like that.

Y33TREKker
01/25/2014, 09:56 AM
Dude, you're either grasping at straws or you really don't understand the mechanics behind the PCV. AFAIK there isn't a positive pressure coming from the combusion chamber input where the PCV attaches so the breather will have the same effect as the crossover tube with or without the catch can. That said, I haven't measured it ... & I've proven myself to be fallible so please feel free to enlighten us less informed as to your logic.
The mechanics of a PCV system is not even what we're talking about now though Tom. What we WERE talking about is you trying to suggest that adding a vent filter to your oil cap is the exact same as the crossover tube idea you started this thread about.

Maybe you're just trying to save face now, but continuing to try to make what I've been saying appear illogical by grasping at your own straws to change the subject isn't the way to do it.

Y33TREKker
01/25/2014, 09:57 AM
Trekker, the ' convenience ' of looking at it "that way"....

....was all yours, when you offered the 'retarded clique' analogy in the first place.

My rebuttal was based on actual knowledge, first hand...
.....of meeting and getting to know many of these people.

That is something you cant claim....

So, which in reality is more 'convenient' ?

Your projected hypothesis ..... or reality?
You may have met those people in person, but that still doesn't change the REALITY of how they've behaved on this site in threads such as this one at times.

I hope these members will actually speak up....

..... and support you publicly.

If we are all wrong... are all out of line...
...then the (silent) consensus you cite needs to lets us know.

But, until that happens, the only 'consensus' that can be verified...

...is the one clearly seen in this thread.
jo
You SERIOUSLY still don't understand why those people would simply choose not to voice their opinions publicly after seeing some of the "verified" responses I've received in threads such as these???

I hope those people DON'T speak up and back me publicly because having that attitude directed at a person isn't something I would want for ANYONE else.

And besides, I'm very capable of defending myself with whatever ALL of you guys and girls can throw at me...as has already been "verified" in these threads.

Y33TREKker
01/25/2014, 09:58 AM
...I think Trekker, you seriously need to chill out. You have gotten so involved in this...do you have anything else you're this passionate about??!! Let it be over with. Why are you so insistent about proving a point or making someone else feel like crap? Just walk away....whether or not you think you're right , just wash your hands of it and walk away. We're all in this VX thing together and I know I will always stand up for my VX family...even you. For YOUR sanity, just let it be.
Well I appreciate the input, but I would simply ask the same regarding why some here are still so insistent in making others feel like crap. That's what got all this started after all. Name calling and generalized insults to raise money for this site.

But have they walked away from that attitude? No, it's occasionally brought back up with those same sarcastic and smartass comments that you yourself have just stated don't set well with you either.

Since you brought up the question of sanity though, isn't it interesting that some of the people I've been referring to are always questioning mine simply because they happen to be in the majority in this discussion?

When it's also said that in an insane world, only the "insane" are sane, that doesn't say much for the majority does it?

Y33TREKker
01/25/2014, 10:00 AM
Just in case, I thought I best immortalize this...it's priceless!!
The irony is that your childish delight in a simple typo once again opens the door for me to say this...

Grow up Scott.

VX KAT
01/25/2014, 10:00 AM
bet a response to me is up next....

VXobsession
01/25/2014, 10:07 AM
/\ /\ /\ /\ Kat.....lol

Well, I've said all I wanted and needed to say in this thread. I guess he'll eventually stop when everybody else stops. Let him have the last word....my gosh, he put a lot of effort and passion into this thread, into trying to prove something (I lost his intent many pages ago)...he deserves it.

Y33TREKker
01/25/2014, 10:15 AM
I speak of my own free will, that's absolutely correct.

I just call 'em as I see 'em, and WHENEVER I feel 'em.

A prior positive interaction with someone here, does not, necessarily have a connection or control my comments in this thread.

If I happen to agree I may post that, if I don't agree I may post that as well.
Same here Kat.

They're not all cliques TREK, it's just that sometimes Group A agrees on the same "things", sometimes a few from Group B may agree with Group A, Some from Group C may agree with something said in Group A and B....etc, etc..... There's almost an infinite number of configurations of "groups".

The fact that there appears to be a pretty good number of folks that don't share your opinions in this thread, is just another random collection of members that I'll call a "group", that happen to share the same opinion on this particular topic or comments....that does not make them a clique.
The problem with your logic is that there is also a random collection of members that DO happen to share my opinion. Just because they choose not to voice that opinion publicly (for good reason) doesn't automatically mean you can assume they don't exist.

And IMHO, Jo and VXObsession could not have summarized it any better!

I happen to be one of those folks Jo has had a few long discussions - face to face - into the wee hours of the morning discussing some very deep differences of opinions on a few topics. ;) Yet because we're both mature adults and respect each other, we very amicably "agreed to disagree" AND MOVED ON! We continue to have a very good friendship both on the forum and by phone and email. In fact, we even still get a few laughs in ABOUT OUR DISAGREEMENTS!
That's what many people here are trying to get across to you TREK. Just politely agree to disagree and MOVE ON!
Once again, you're simply (and conveniently) directing your suggestion to the wrong person.

I sold you some stuff because any differences of opinion we may have had or have didn't matter, we rose above it and acted like mature adults.

There's no mob or mafia or clique here thats collaborating and joining forces to "get you" in some manner. That's paranoia.
Maybe, maybe not. Some of you sure do seem to be "joining forces" in this thread after all.

As many have mentioned, most of us come here and participate for the sole love of the VX. Any further similarities or commonalities of beliefs are pure coincidence whenever a large group of people get together.

When most of us "agree to disagree" on something here and move on, and continue on with our enjoyment of this site, it makes someone who nitpicks, and continues on and on disagreeing about something or some points, it makes that person appear to ENJOY the disharmony and friction it causes.
Once again, it could be said that you're simply (and conveniently) directing your suggestion to the wrong person/people.

Ever heard the phrase: I learned long ago, never wrestle with a pig. You just get all dirty, and the pig ENJOYS it.

IMHO, you're kinda lookin' like that.
Well when you put it like THAT, how in the world could anyone EVER say you've made any comments in threads such as this that could be viewed as sowing any of the types of threads of discontent as you've just blamed me nonstop of doing with your post. :rolleyes:

Scott Larson
01/25/2014, 11:45 AM
Trekkie my boy, you fracture me...really!! "I know you are but what am I", hilarity beyond words dude...:laugho: I take it all back, stay off your meds cuz you're much more entertaining when yer straight!:rotate:

dietz99vcross
01/25/2014, 12:00 PM
As someone who isn't part of any clique on this sight I feel like I should respond and say stop being a @#*!...but why?

Scott Larson
01/25/2014, 12:20 PM
The irony is that your childish delight in a simple typo once again opens the door for me to say this...

Grow up Scott.

Simple typo or Freudian slip? Hmmmmm...:_confused I'm just glad I thought to quote it so it didn't magically disappear!:rollo:

ZEUS
01/25/2014, 03:44 PM
UMMM, Nope. I'd already seen a 50% decrease in oil consumption when I added the catch can. There was still too much consumption for my taste so then I moved on to ensure maximum ventillation by adding the crossover tube or vent on the other side. Another significant decrease but still not enough.

Next I'll try Seafoam or Rotella before the oil change. It has become my personnal vendetta to find the cure (short of an engine rebuild).

& thanks for the kind words. I'm probably now back to the acceptable limit for Isuzu (1 qt every 1000 miles). I was burning a quart every 300 miles.
So how are you gauging your test results? Do you commute to work & burn through a tank every week? I wonder if one tank per experiment gives an accurate comparison... ? Do you think outside temp has anything to do with it? Like summer versus winter? I never did any tests regarding oil consumption or burn or whatever is going on.

tom4bren
01/25/2014, 06:20 PM
... adding a vent filter to your oil cap is the exact same as the crossover tube idea you started this thread about.

Please 'splain to me how it's not.

tom4bren
01/25/2014, 06:33 PM
So how are you gauging your test results? Do you commute to work & burn through a tank every week? I wonder if one tank per experiment gives an accurate comparison... ? Do you think outside temp has anything to do with it? Like summer versus winter? I never did any tests regarding oil consumption or burn or whatever is going on.

I burn a tank every 3 days. Sorry but I don't have an accurate measuring system. I was putting a quart in once a week, now I'm putting a quart in every other week or a little longer.

Temps may very well have an impact on oil consumption. Mebbe this summer I'll take it back to OEM & record precise consumption rates as I put it back on one step at a time (assuming that I don't use some Rotella or SeaFoam before my next oil change.