PDA

View Full Version : Little Help from the Pro's.

tcahall
12/14/2013, 12:32 PM
I originally post in the new members area and it was suggested to move it here. Hopefully this is the right place. Sorry I am new to forums in general. Thanks in advance.
Hey guys, my name is Tobias from Ohio. I dont have a Vehicross but I have a 2002 Axiom. It has been super reliable up until Sept of this year when my TOD light started flashing. I only have about 80k miles on it. Always taken good care of it. No pulling trailers or abuse, just easy street driving and drove to Florida couple times from Ohio. I started digging around and found this site. You guys have the best info out there anywhere that is accurate and helpful. So I decided to join the forum, and glad I did.
Question I have is, where can I get the transfer case front and rear speed sensors? I have manually pulled the codes per the info provided in the forums and found the codes indicating front and rear speed sensors. Just for the sake of elimination, I replaced the TOD selector switch in the left side dash and replaced the vehicle speed sensor in the trasfer case. No luck. I decided to investigate the front and rear speed sensors to see I could remove and clean them off and reinstall to check but managed to damage the plastic piece that holds them in the housing, now I need to replace them. They appear to be part of a wire harness on the transfer case and not replaceable individually.
Any help would be great. I am kinda stuck.

JoFotoz
12/14/2013, 01:22 PM
Have you checked tire wear and inflation?

On the VX , un-equal tread depth and inflation triggers TOD lights...

...I assume TOD on Axiom is same.

Jo

tcahall
12/14/2013, 02:28 PM
Yes all the tire pressures are the same. I had new tires put on about a year ago or so but all has been good until sept this year. TOD started flashing out of nowhere. It was a hot day, little humid, not raining. Honestly put it off until just recently. Thought I could find and fix quickly. Seems there is a little more to it.

Marlin
12/15/2013, 07:24 AM
Just pull the plug on the TOD computer, should be under the passenger seat, no more TOD, no more flashing light, no more problems:) I know this isn't what you wanted to hear, but if it is a sensor problem, its not gonna be cheap to fix unless you hit up the salvage yards, and axioms are few and far between. Good luck, I have been without TOD for a while, no problems!

vt_maverick
12/15/2013, 02:52 PM
Looks like there are some good leads nearby for the entire unit (sensors included I would bet). Make some calls and just be sure to verify they're not off a 2WD unit before you drive out.

http://www.car-part.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?userSearch=int&userPID=1000&userLocation=USA&userIMS=&userInterchange=BBCA%3F&userSide=&userDate=2002&userDate2=2002&dbModel=35.13.1.1&userModel=Isuzu%20Axiom&dbPart=412.1&userPart=Transfer%20Case&sessionID=600000000000000000187263443&userPreference=zip&userZip=45121&userLat=38.8698&userLong=-83.9081&userIntSelect=720638&userUID=0&userBroker=&userPage=1&iKey=

tcahall
12/20/2013, 06:25 PM
Update, found a dealer 2 hours away guy got me front and rear trans speed sensors. To my surprise they came in around three days. I drove, picked them up and installed today and boom. No TOD light anymore and TOD and 4wd low work as normal. Pretty tricky getting them back in as they came with pins that had to be inserted into the bulk chassis wire harness connector and remove the bad wire to the faulty sensors. One word for anyone attempting this repair...PATIENCE. Thanks for all the suggestions and hopefully I can remain breakdown free.

magikmike
12/23/2013, 01:30 AM
I had a similar issue with my front a sensor... Pulled it out, cleaned a little bit of "fuzz" off it, problem fixed. But new sensors are good too.