PDA

View Full Version : ac never turns off

FlyingV77
02/05/2014, 12:05 AM
My ac/heater never turns off. Even when it's off it still blows. It's always done this but now the blower is starting to make noise. I also wonder if it's messing with my mileage.

evillecutter
02/05/2014, 06:18 AM
i would say if its not a bad relay a new blower would probably fix it - maybe something internal is corroded and causing it to think it should be on all the time - if you're super handy you might be able to take it apart and dissect it to see if anything looks wrong

i think there are some kind of resistor coils that can break off and/or attach to a different part of the coil to complete a circuit - but dont quote me on that

MSHardeman
02/05/2014, 08:44 AM
OK, I'm going to suggest the K.I.S.S. solution here so please don't think that I am insulting your intelligence. Do you have everything set to "Auto" on the climate control with the temp set pretty low? That would cause everything to keep running to try and match the low temp.

I'm sure that you thought of this, but I just had to get it out there to eliminate that possibility.

FlyingV77
02/05/2014, 05:20 PM
Thanks, and the kiss method usaly works. But it does this no matter what the settings are, hot, cold, auto or not. As for being handy. .. let's just say the women find me handsome ;)

Triathlete
02/05/2014, 06:09 PM
ac never turns off

Move to Arizona...problem solved! :D