PDA

View Full Version : OEM Shock Rebuilding - Denver, CO area

Mile High VX
02/16/2014, 05:36 PM
I found a place in the Denver area that will rebuild our OEM shocks.

$132 per shock and can get the job done in just a few days.

http://www.rg3denver.com/

RG 3 Suspension and the owner is Matthew Hoskins.

They are located on 6th Avenue in Golden, CO.

Lizardmen3477
02/16/2014, 06:47 PM
Ya can buy some brand new ranchos cheaper haha

Mile High VX
02/16/2014, 06:48 PM
Ya can buy some brand new ranchos cheaper haha

I have those, but really looking at going back to OEM...just feels right...:smilewink:bgwo::bgwb::bwgy:

MSHardeman
02/16/2014, 07:16 PM
Earl, this is great news. I removed my original shocks and replaced them with Rancho 9000XL's, but have kept the original shocks with the full intention of rebuilding them someday. I kept the link to the place in Texas that rebuilds our shocks and I think the total price was around $600. Having a place closer than Texas is great. Now I just need to save up a little change and get the shocks to RG3.

Thanks for finding them and sharing the information.:thumbup:

Mile High VX
02/16/2014, 07:31 PM
I was looking at the place in NC and noticed they were a motorcycle shop that specialized in specialty motocross.

Found the RG 3 place that did the same.

Sent an Email and pics of the shocks and got the good news.

I'm going to have to save some more pennies too, but I hope to have this done this year.

I've got two sets of OEM. My set that has 90K and I got a set from Richard up in Fort Collins. He was replacing all of his VX OEMs with Ranchos and he gave me a set of OEMs that were being changed.

arcobarco
02/16/2014, 07:38 PM
I would love to take my daughters VX back to stock shocks if there is anyone that has a set to sell. Then I can have them rebuilt.

Mile High VX
02/16/2014, 08:08 PM
I've got a spare set. Don't know anything about them or the mileage of the VX that they came out of.

Shipping from CO to UT might not be too much, or if you're not in a hurry I could try and get them to Moab with one of the group that travels through here on their way there.

Not sure what to ask for them and I think that others have sold their sets for about $100 or so.

Let me know what works for you. Whatever we agree on I'll give half back to the forum.

arcobarco
02/16/2014, 10:32 PM
Sweet! Your the best, PM sent

Mile High VX
02/18/2014, 01:31 PM
I got an Email back from Bruce at Bruce Suspension in NC where a few other members had a rebuild.

His note simply states that he is no longer doing shocks...:(