PDA

View Full Version : Strange turn signal behavior

Leon R
02/22/2014, 09:07 AM
I searched, but couldn't find this problem. My left turn signal started acting up: if lights are off, whenever turn signal goes on, so do ALL the "parking lights" (including dash lights). If I turn on the lights, the left turn signal turns on and stays on (activating it with the switch does nothing).

Does this describe any known problem? If not, I suspect that one of the PO's half-assed trailer plug wires might have a short somewhere and causing this.

Triathlete
02/22/2014, 10:04 AM
I would start with the trailer wiring. If nothing found there check the wire bundle near the headlights. It passes through a bulkhead and has been k.own to wear and short out giving all kinds of strange symthoms. Good luck.
.wiring can be a nightmare.

Leon R
02/22/2014, 01:28 PM
I am tempted to remove and the poorly done trailer wiring and replace it with properly done wiring. Was there ever an OEM solution? Perhaps a plug that is left over from the Trooper days?

Leon R
02/22/2014, 03:33 PM
Update, I disconnected the wires at left rear tail light (a bunch of vimpire clips) and problem is solved.

Funny coinsedence, while searching for this problem I found PO of my VX asking a realated question: http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=11513