PDA

View Full Version : After market vs. OEM Idle Air Control Valve

JWJohns
02/28/2014, 07:33 AM
Intermittent high idle - have replaced TPS, IAC, had the manifold cleaned, replace EGR...then had a mechanic tell me that he has had problems with aftermarket IAC valves on the Isuzu engine, and after replacing with an OEM, problem solved. Any similar experiences? Just checking before I spend the $75 on the factory part

LittleBeast
02/28/2014, 07:58 AM
Yes. for whatever reason OEM on IAC is the only way to go. I have also exprienced minor problems with after market MAF's so I would not try that one either, but I am sure others have been ok there. But for IAC I would go OEM only.

How many miles? Any other problems?

evillecutter
02/28/2014, 09:37 AM
where to get the oem part? i replaced my iac valve about a year ago and i think its slightly malfunctioning - it was an aftermarket for about $30 iirc

JWJohns
02/28/2014, 11:21 AM
IAC Valve is available from ISUZU parts website for about $75. And as far as problems, other than some small minor oil leaks, it's running great. Has about 160,000 miles, and I just had the transmission rebuilt. I have owned it for about a year, and it's a lot of fun. Nothing better on ice and snow.

evillecutter
02/28/2014, 12:55 PM
IAC Valve is available from ISUZU parts website for about $75. And as far as problems, other than some small minor oil leaks, it's running great. Has about 160,000 miles, and I just had the transmission rebuilt. I have owned it for about a year, and it's a lot of fun. Nothing better on ice and snow.

when did you order? i was under the impression we could no longer order parts directly from isuzu as of late last year?...

JWJohns
03/07/2014, 07:42 AM
http://www.isuzupartscenter.com/

Ordered yesterday, had a reply right away. Tried ordering the utility tray for the dash that is referenced on this site, but it is no longer available.