PDA

View Full Version : Shock Question OME or Rancho

Ala5ka
04/08/2014, 12:54 PM
I will be upgrading my shocks in the next couple of months and the question is, Rancho RS9000XL or the OME Nitrocharger shocks. I already have OME 919's to even out the weight of the roof tent and overland gear. My stock shocks are fine in function but after driving a Dodge 3500 after adding new shocks I believe they could be the answer to my stiff ***** suspension and bumpy ***** ride notwithstanding the heavy weight springs of course.

Vote and give me your knowledge...

tom4bren
04/08/2014, 01:07 PM
I have the OME on mine & love them. I primarily went with them since I know that I'd never use the adjustment feature of the Rancho's.

bartmanS4
04/08/2014, 01:23 PM
I find the ride with the RS9000s noticeably plusher than the stock ones.

PK
04/08/2014, 04:52 PM
I personally think both of the brands mentioned would be a "down grade", not upgrade.

But then, I like my suspension stiff so I can out-corner the turbo'd rice burners.

Guess I just never growed up.

PK

Ala5ka
04/08/2014, 07:08 PM
I think I will go with the OME and tell you guys the results in a couple months, for extended travel on and off dirt (no crawling) I need to do a couple other upgrades

dfwvx
06/22/2014, 11:32 AM
I find the ride with the RS9000s noticeably plusher than the stock ones.
Did you change the springs or ride height when you did you shocks?

disasterlady
06/28/2014, 09:35 PM
So how did those OME shocks work out?

Anyone: What model and where did you get the OME Nitros?

Also are there any special instructions on swapping out the shocks on a VX?
I'm also wondering which to get and would really like to have a plusher ride?
PLEASE???

thanks, Julie

Marlin
06/29/2014, 05:42 AM
They are easy to change, do it yourself with some jacks and jackstands, no special tools needed, or any shop should do it fairly cheap.
I can't see not getting the ranchos, as they are adjustable and can be tuned to your preference, but if you don't likethe OME shocks, you are SOL. I do a lot of wheeling, so I am adjusting them from stiff to soft fairly often.

Ala5ka
06/29/2014, 01:59 PM
I work in Alaska from Feb-Sept so I haven't been able to do any work on the VX in AZ, just ordering parts to wait for me when I get back before the Big Trip to the East Coast.