PDA

View Full Version : Fob Died after locking; Now Dead VX

Baxman
04/15/2014, 07:47 AM
I'm not sure if this universal for VXs, but if locked with the fob it must be unlocked with the fob not the key, or the alarm goes off and the electronics are locked until the fob button is pressed.

Car was locked with fob, then the fob apparently died. Fresh fob battery didn't help. Went in through rear hatch and unlocked door - no alarm; but key will not start car, no electronics work - horn lights, idiot lights. I have a new fob on the way, but I can't turn ignition on so it will not be able to learn the fob code. A search here hasn't helped. No more dealers. Anyone experienced this problem?

tom4bren
04/15/2014, 08:24 AM
It looks like you may be able to disable the alarm system by quickly turning the ignition ON-OFF-ON.

At least that's what it says in the attached TSB.

tom4bren
04/15/2014, 08:31 AM
Also see page 10 in this file.

Baxman
04/15/2014, 03:50 PM
I tried it all w/o success. Since NOTHING works - locks, ignition on, idiot lights, my VX has gone into hibernation that cannot be cured by reprogramming efforts. Thanks, Tom. I'll pass along the manual and TSB to the $hop. I can't spend anymore time on this.

Marlin
04/15/2014, 04:41 PM
That sucks. So worth the 99 bucks for remote start/keyless entry installed at Best Buy. My fob stays safely in a drawer in my house, no risk of your terrible situation. I assume they tried disconnecting battery and all that stuff?

nocturnalVX
04/15/2014, 08:31 PM
Howdy Rick! Good luck getting this resolved. I may swap out the stock security system with a different one because one of my fobs is dead, and I don't want to go through what you are experiencing. Nice to see you on the forum though...
:_beer:

tom4bren
04/22/2014, 08:19 AM
another thing to try:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?threadid=25537

Post #8