PDA

View Full Version : engine has died in my 2001 vehicross

dmanske@cavtel.net
04/25/2014, 07:04 AM
Has anyone had their engine replaced recently ? Please let me know how/where to buy a new engine. If you know of an expert on this, please let me know because I would travel to get it done correctly the first time. I live in Williamsburg, VA.

Riff Raff
04/25/2014, 09:01 AM
Here is the absolute best solution to your problem:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=22505

Plus, their shop is in nearby Aberdeen, MD. A stone's throw away from Williamsburg, VA.

:bgwb:

Mile High VX
04/25/2014, 11:14 AM
Or another option if you want to keep the OEM V6:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=22812&highlight=vicki

Starglider
04/25/2014, 01:52 PM
My solution was to buy a second (crashed) VX from the US and a full engine rebuild kit. Plan to rebuild the new engine, reusing anything in better shape from the JDM engine (e.g. the rocker covers and LPG injectors), and swap it into my JDM VX.

Riff Raff
04/25/2014, 02:59 PM
Here is a recently crashed VX (1999), that could be used as a replacement engine donor.

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=25518

VXobsession
04/25/2014, 03:01 PM
Give my husband a chance to fix it. With our herd of VX's, he's on his way of becoming an expert on fixing them. www.facebook.com/warrenmotorsports2014

Ang
04/26/2014, 12:05 PM
If someone else that is parting one out in these forums is not closer/cheaper. There is a VX not too far from me for sale that is not listed anywhere online. Relax, not in good shape interior or exterior or I would have posted pics and info for all of you before. At the moment the battery is dead from sitting, it needs new fuel and oil, but they did say they would get it starting and moving if I was seriously interested. I have been just waiting until I needed a part for more than a few hundred to force me into buying. I have a shop to pull the engine for you if you want to go halfs on the car. You can pick up or ship the motor, I will take the remaining shell for backups/helping those in need of parts on the forums. Going halfs on it, could probably do 1500 for the motor once I talk them down. It has 103k on the odometer. Not sure exactly what shipping from ct to va would be, but I am pretty sure it would be like $500-$800. The total still has to beat the 3-4.5k I see the motors for online.

WormGod
04/28/2014, 07:05 AM
Here is the absolute best solution to your problem:

http://www.vehicross.info/forums/showthread.php?t=22505

Plus, their shop is in nearby Aberdeen, MD. A stone's throw away from Williamsburg, VA.

I missed that thread completely!!!! Thanks for the bump!

Granted, my VX purrs like a kitten currently with 63k miles, but this is good info to know. :yesy:

And only about an hour from my house....

Riff Raff
05/03/2014, 09:42 AM
If you want to simply replace the engine with a used OEM-- contact member "VX Crazy" as she mentioned in a recent thread that she has a parts car VX (in her Parent's garage) that still has the OEM engine & transmission.

FlyingV77
05/04/2014, 01:03 AM
Have your shop contact mine. They replaced it when it blew the first week I had it, and rebuilt it when the faulty crank shaft snapped.
Ask for Lonie or Todd
Mastertech auto in mesquite, tx 972-216-1544

VX crazy
05/05/2014, 05:46 AM
LOL, that is funny that this came up, Greg and I are pulling the engine and tranny in during the next 2 wks, but thinking of putting that engine in my current VX since it was a very well maintained engine that I had since brand new, and my current VX is puffing black smoke a tad when I get on it.....

If you want to simply replace the engine with a used OEM-- contact member "VX Crazy" as she mentioned in a recent thread that she has a parts car VX (in her Parent's garage) that still has the OEM engine & transmission.

eternal21
05/05/2014, 06:33 PM
LOL, that is funny that this came up, Greg and I are pulling the engine and tranny in during the next 2 wks, but thinking of putting that engine in my current VX since it was a very well maintained engine that I had since brand new, and my current VX is puffing black smoke a tad when I get on it.....

Lemme tell you....it's all kinds of fun....not really :)